Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaya Shree
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya ShreeYour feedback matters!
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello i want to loose weight by about 6 kgs.I have have lost weight more than 12 kgs thru gym & diet for the past 3 months but the weight seems to be constant for the last few days.
My daughter is 8 year old and good at studies and quite bright child. The problem is with her EQ. She usually has her opinion on everything and will make sure that it is been followed. She does not follow what we say at once usually. Sometimes in front of others, when she does something which we have told her not to do, it causes stress and anger in us. She wants us to give her complete attention all the time, which can not happen all the time. (incase of guests etc) during such times she demands for the tv. Which if I do not give. She starts irritating me. And after that she get the avoiding she gets into denial mode. So whatever is been told to do she will say no for it. How should I handle it?
Does prolonged standing continuously for more than 6 hours carry any health implications especially if a person wishes to take job as a security guard?
He is over weight. How to control his weight. Suggest me some food items nd diet that could get down his weight . Am so worried of his weight.
Social anxiety disorder is a chronic mental health condition in which a person has excessive and unreasonable fear of certain social situations. Anxiety and self-consciousness arise from a fear of being scrutinized, embarrassed or judged by others. The fear may be made worse by a lack of social skills or experience in social situations. This persistent anxiety can build into a panic attack, and the affected person may start avoiding social situations under extreme distress. People with social anxiety disorder also suffer anticipatory anxiety, which is the fear of a situation even before it happens. In many cases, the person is aware that the fear is unreasonable and overblown, yet is unable to overcome it.
Like many other mental health conditions, social anxiety disorder arises from a complex interaction of environment and genes. The possible causes are:
- Inherited traits - Genetic factors may contribute to the development of social anxiety disorder if it is present in a first-degree relative (parents, siblings or child).
- Brain structure - Nuclei shaped part of the brain called amygdala may play a role in controlling the fear response. People with overactive amygdala may have a heightened fear response, increasing anxiety in social situations.
- Environmental factors - Social anxiety disorder may be a learned behavior. You may develop the condition after witnessing the anxious behavior of others. Also, there may be an association between social anxiety disorder and overprotective parents wanting to control their children.
Social anxiety disorder is the second most common type of anxiety disorder, which most often surfaces in adolescence or early adulthood. It is more common in women than in men. There is no way to predict what will cause social anxiety disorder, but some steps can be taken to reduce the impact of symptoms by getting help early instead of delaying, managing stress in daily life and avoiding unhealthy substances like alcohol, drugs and caffeine. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!