Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya Kumar NehruYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend left me. Because of her father reputation. About a month ago. We sometime talk. Like twice in a week. She blocked me from whatsapp hike. I am always missing her. How to. Forget her totally . As we are in same collage. But different departments some time she goes near from my classes. How I explain? What is that feeling? Give me solution.
Sir, I am very far to home .I and my lover both of very correct in love .we are in love since 5 years BT since two years she used to abuse as well as always told to me that if you are not in my life I am very safe once you came my total life was smashed like this and also telling I always wants get higher studies due to you r reason I am not build up anything .some times she loves very much to me but if unwanted discus or any thing found like if some body who is smaller than to her age gets job after heard that total depression and totally angered on me .now I am in confusion really she want to me or not .due to this reason I am not pay concentrate on my job as well as my family and also I am missing my happiness day by day .please advise me what to do for me .I am really loves her .thanking you sir.
My friend's boy friend is very rich but married now she is in love with him as the girl is not having father so he is taking care of her family he is supporting her financially but he is forcing her to be in liven relationship my friend asked him to take divorce but he says he ll after 3 years first he wants his father to transfer his property to him but he is pressuring her for liven she is upset too much cz id if she denies then he won't support and if she does it ll be shameful what she shall do tell something for her to come over depression and stay calm.
I have been diagnosed neuro depression 27 years back in 1988 and was advised depsonil 75 mg. 10 yera back I switched it to prothidiane 50 mg. I have improved a lot in comparison. Can I switch to some safer and better drug.
Hi, I am addicted to porn sites and videos. Alway thinking about nudity etc. Due to this not able to create friends and not able to mingle with family. I need to overcome out of it. Please advice.
Dear Doctor I am suffering from heartburn since many years. I am a smoker say 6, 8 cigarettes per day. Trying to stop but. Any tablets to stop or minimise this situation. Will there be any serious condition in future if this heartburn continues. I occasionally take digene. Any food to be avoided and to be taken particularly? Best regards Sharafudeen.
Sir, I have Heart Disease (Single Vessel Disease - Mid LCX 100% Block) from May 2015. I have treated well and I am continuing the medicine but I didn't control the smoking habit. How can I solve the problem permanently. So please give the best suggestion for me.
I feels quiting this life so many times. Overall I don't know what I want? My mind always fighting between what is right and wrong?
Dear sir Kindly response to my question is how to control fear when talk with someone also suffering from anxiety.
Parents get very concerned when they are just not able to hold their child’s attention who is restless, hyperactive, anxious, highly energetic, and never attentive. For some, this could initially be an exciting phase but can be an indication of some serious underlying disorder too.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or hyperactive disorder or ADHD as it is commonly known is a group of symptoms including behavioural, mood, cognitive, and learning disabilities with a lot of aggression, irritability, excitability, forgetfulness, restlessness, reduced attention span, etc. in these children. Listed below are the common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
The impact is felt across all spheres of life including home, academics, school life, and in relationships with friends.
- Usually seen in children before the age of 7.
- With very short attention spans, the child constantly looks for something to do and be engaged.
- Very easy to get distracted even when engaged, the child is very restless.
- Sleep disorders.
- With constantly being on the toes, the child feels tired and lethargic.
- Difficulty prioritising and frequent procrastination.
- They forget things quite easily and would ask for help with coordinating movements.
- Rare, but some children can have learning disabilities like dyslexia, but their intelligence levels are not affected.
- Disorganisation, leading to poor motor coordination and impaired movements.
- Difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills may cause delay in engagement in sports.
- Diet changes with rise in processed foods and sugary diet.
- Social changes like nuclear families, single parents, lack of siblings, etc.
- Increased time spent with electronic devices.
Homoeopathy has an effective cure for ADHD as it looks at the child holistically and proposes remedies. Homeopathic constitutional treatment provides an effective solution for adhd. Some common remedies are listed below. A word of caution though never self-medicate using these. ADHD is a complex condition and should be assessed completely before initiating treatment.
- Tarentula Hispana: Most commonly used in treating idiosyncrasies. The child is hyperactive, compulsive, restless, constantly moving, and has difficult being in one place, can be violent and destructive. Strange, but they have a strong liking to music.
- Stramonium: When the child is fearful or aggressive or withdrawn (usually due to a traumatic event), they tend to seek attention and this is then used.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Used in children who present with manic or sexualised symptoms.
Homeopathy is used in ADHD where symptoms are across the spectrum - hyperactive to complete withdrawal, completely based on symptoms and psychotherapy plays an important role in treatment through behaviour modification techniques like CBT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.