Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Is their any difference between counselling and psychotherapy as different Dr. suggest different things for major depression ,gad & schizophrenia.
I have felling depression and cry and worried some time but I don't know why this is affect me please help me sir/ madam.
I am not getting concentration on studies but exams r coming soon , I am forgetting Wht iam studying ? Now I am 19 years of age.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.
Sir , aaj kal mujhe lunch ya dinner me red meat , chicken ya to fish khane k waqt me aisa q lagta hai jaise mera sar ghum raha he ya to phir ye sab khane se mera heart ya to kidney me attack karega, mujhe har waqt khane me aisa dar sa q lagta he or heart beat bar jata he. What's the reason. .
I am 47 years old married man. I have taking daily half bottle whisky for last 20 years now I want to leave. So please help me what I should do?
My child is 4 years old. Usko school nhi jana aur vo is baat ko din me kai baar repeat krta h night me bhi jgh kr school nhi jana bolta h is stress me brain development hota hoga uska. I am worried about him development pls suggest me.
Actually I have problem with my voice. I can not speck louder in some circumstances. And I am not okay with my voice.
Dear Sir, I am 30 years male doing field job having stressful day with continuous standing and walking .I am feeling leg cramps in all the day especially in the night .Today morning onwards my left leg feeling symptoms like symptoms severe cramps from the knee towards foot. At the foot one blood vein is beating fast .What can I do for this please suggest any Thanks in advance.
Does smoking creates any problem of not getting hungry or does smoking decreases our body stamina and makes our body thin.
The couples want to be happier, healthier and more connected even though the issues can be different - money, sex, infidelity, in-laws, children etc. Despite this any relationship is completely subjective and no clear cut rules can be executed on it, yet following certain guidelines may help proceeding happily in a relationship.
Suppose you are struggling in your relationship (and if you reading this article there is a big chance you are) you might find it helpful to follow some of these ideas:
You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy. Accepting yourself fully as you are and showing yourself this same unconditional love will provide protection, healing, and confidence to work on your shortfalls.
2.Adopt a positive lifestyle
There are many different ways in which you can embrace a more positive lifestyle - practice affirmations, express gratitude, meditation, exercise, just find something that helps you unwind and enjoy life. And most importantly - keep doing these things.
3.Empathize with your partner
The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If I realize that something I've done has hurt you (because I can empathize with your pain or unhappiness) I will hesitate to do that again.
4. Take responsibility: Don't try to figure out who's right
If your intention is to create a more positive world for yourself and those around you, it's up to you to have the thoughts, moods, and actions that will create that world.
5. Stay connected
When there is distress in the marriage or relationship, one or both usually feel some emotional disconnection. Frequently, sexual passion diminishes as well. (However, sometime one partner will try to increase frequency of sex in an effort to feel connected.). And often, people will busy themselves with work or kids instead, or do other things to either try to feel connected or to avoid being alone with the person with whom they feel the pain of disconnection
6. Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes
Resentment can be built when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way.
Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship. Dr. Brene Brown defines vulnerability as uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure. Given this definition, the act of loving someone and allowing them to love you may be the ultimate risk. Love is uncertain. It's risky because there are no guarantees and your partner could stop loving you. Exposing your true feelings may mean that you are at a greater risk for being hurt or criticized.
7. Try new things together
Boredom can be a major obstacle to lasting romantic or companionate love. Psychological research has suggested that couples who experience the most intense love are the ones who enjoy participating in new or challenging 'self-expanding' activities together.
8. Preserve your independence
Dr Perel, in her popular TED talk explains that neediness and caretaking in long-term partnerships -- which can easily result from looking to the partnership for safety, security and stability -- damper the erotic spark. But if couples can maintain independence and witness each other participating in individual activities at which they're skilled, they can continue to see their partner in an ever-new light.
If after trying the above you are still struggling with your relationship, make sure you go to see a couple therapist.