Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya Kumar NehruYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 27 years old. I am an advocate from past 1 & half year. I live in a joint family & everyday is hell because of my grandmother. Almost daily there is fight going on one or other issues. With every passing day conditions are getting worse. My family didn't wanted me to get into litigation, they wanted me to go for a govt job. I was not able to clear any exam. I failed in 10, 12 exams for govt job including for the post of civil judge. I still can't believe that I failed so many times. When I was in 11th. I tried to commit suicide because I was not able to clear one of my exam & from that time I never gained my confidence. My family is not allowing me to go for the job in law firm where i'l get good salary. I want to live separately from my family with my mom & sister and want to adopt 2 baby girls. Since my sister is in last year of college I don't want to disturb her studies that's why I am not moving out. I motivate myself everyday but I am becoming a pessimistic person. I have low self esteem, a lot of anger inside me cause of my family & I cry a lot almost daily. Now I have lost my vision as to how shall I proceed further. I am not happy both at professional & personal level & getting depressed day by day. Sometimes I feel like I won't be able to fulfill my dreams & will end up as unsuccessful person. When I sleep my body rests but my mind doesn't I never feel that I was sleeping. I want to take some drink or something so that for sometime I forget in which environment i'm living, what all i'm going through. Please help!
I haven't been able to sleep for long hours and I have a heavy mind stress. I can tried to many ways to decrease my mind stress. But finally all are failed. So that How to cool my mind And how to change mood of my mind? Please help me.
1. Loose weight. Can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease or even stop snoring.
2. Exercise can also help to stop snoring. As well aiding weight loss, exercising your arms, legs, and abs, for example, also leads to toning the muscles in your throat, which in turn can lead to less snoring.
3. Quit smoking. Smoking irritates the membranes in the nose and throat which can block the airways and cause snoring.
4. Avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives because they relax the muscles in the throat and interfere with breathing.
5. Establish regular sleep patterns. Create a healthy bedtime ritual with your partner and stick to it.
6. Clear nasal passages. If you have a stuffy nose, rinse sinuses with saline before bed. If you have allergies, reduce dust mites and pet dander in your bedroom or use an allergy medication. Pt nasoclear nasal drop inboth nostril before sllep.
7. Keep bedroom air moist. Dry air can irritate membranes in the nose and throat, so if swollen nasal tissues are the problem, a humidifier may help.
8. Change your sleeping position. Elevating your head four inches may ease breathing and encourage your tongue and jaw to move forward. Sleep on your side instead of your back.
9. Try an anti-snoring mouth appliance.
10 throat exercises to prevent snoring
A. Repeat each vowel (a-e-i-o-u) out loud for three minutes a few times a day
B. Place the tip of your tongue behind your top front teeth. Slide your tongue backwards for three minutes a day.
C. Close your mouth and purse your lips. Hold for 30 seconds.
D. With mouth open, move jaw to the right and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat on left side.
E. With mouth open, contract the muscle at the back of your throat repeatedly for 30 seconds.