Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaya Kuamar
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya KuamarYour feedback matters!
M/26, To diagnose kidney disease urologist advised to have a ct scan abdomen contrast. But 6 months back itself I had done ct scan kub plain (found normal), 15 yrs back I had done ct scan brain (2 times/4 yrs gap) and 6 yrs back had ct scan brain (accident on fore head). Once again if go for a ct scan abdomen contrast will cause any problem. Is there any alternative to diagnose kidney disease accurate. Till now had ct scan for 4 times, now I fear to go for 6th time that too contrast. Is MRI scan would be helpful? contrast vs plain?
I m 30 Years old and I have take fast last 7 Days. I facing urinal problem. It comes with burning and some aftertime continuously. What I should do and what is lesion. Can it because of fast.
People with chronic kidney disease notice that their bones tend to get weaker and more slender. They become painful and are bound to break more easily as a consequence of mineral loss. The most common kind of bone infections happen when:
- There is a change in the balance between two essential minerals in your body - calcium and phosphate, which prompts loss of calcium from your bones.
- Four small glands (parathyroid organs), which regulate calcium in your body, turn out to be excessively active.
- There is a change in the way your body utilizes vitamin D, a mineral that is vital for healthy bones.
Every bone disease affects bones in different ways.
- Phosphate is found in many food items you eat. Your kidneys normally eject whatever is not required in the body. At the point when your kidneys have stopped functioning properly, phosphate may develop in your blood. Excess phosphate in your blood prompts loss of calcium from your bones, which has a tendency to weaken them. Eating food items that are low in phosphate can keep phosphate from building up in your blood.
- Since phosphate stays in your body when your kidneys are no more ready to remove it, four small glands in your neck (parathyroid organs) turn out to be excessively active. When this happens, calcium is expelled from your bones over a long period of time, making them weak.
- Vitamin D is a vital vitamin, which affects the balance in the calcium content of your body. Typically, vitamin D is processed into a more soluble state by the kidneys and can be utilized by the body. In case your kidneys have deteriorated, they can no more do this critical job. Luckily, the dynamic type of vitamin D is accessible in the form of medications that can be prescribed by your specialist, if necessary. In case you have a kidney disease, it is vital to find a way to prevent bone illness. Some of the solutions are as follows:
- Limit the amount of phosphorus you take in every day. Ask your specialist or dietitian to let you know how much phosphorus you need to have. You can likewise request a list of high-phosphorus food items.
- Take a phosphate folio. This is a medicine that you bring with dinners to keep your body from taking in the phosphorus that originates from your food and beverages. This can keep phosphorus from winding up in your blood.
- Take a calcitriol supplement. Your kidneys make calcitriol with the help of vitamin D that you get from food and the sun. When your kidneys are not working, they can't make calcitriol. A man-made type of calcitriol can help your body utilize the calcium and phosphorus it needs.
- Exercise can make your bones more strong and keep them from breaking.
- Try not to smoke or use tobacco. It can aggravate bone disease.
- Take your medications the way your specialist instructs you to and do not skip dialysis medicines.
- Even after changing your diet and taking medicines, if you still have an excess of phosphorus in your blood, your specialist may propose that you undergo further dialysis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
Staying hydrated and consuming plenty of fluid is the key to manage kidney stone. Fluid can help the stone pass through the urinary tract, as well as refrain the body from forming new stones. While drinking water itself is good, adding certain ingredients with water can improvise flushing of stones and managing the pain. It’s recommended that every person with kidney stone should drink at least 2 litres of water every day. .
Apart from consuming 12 glasses of water every day, here is a list of alternative methods to manage kidney stones:
- Lemon juice: Consuming 2-4 glasses of lemon juice can do wonders to reduce the symptoms of kidney stones. Lemon contains citrate, a chemical ingredient that prevents calcium formation inside the body. Citrate is also capable of breaking smaller calcium crystals and flushing them through the urinary tract. Apart from this, lemon contains vitamin C and is immensely beneficial for the body.
- Basil juice: Basil comprises of acetic acid that has the capability to break down kidney stones and reduce pain. Furthermore, basil juice can lower the uric acid level and reduce the chances of future kidney stone formation. Basil leaves can be consumed with water, tea or a smoothie. However, a person should refrain from consuming basil leaves, if he is suffering from low blood sugar, low pressure and increased bleeding.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is yet another agent that is immensely beneficial to get rid of kidney stones. Being alkaline in nature, it can increase the acidic level of the stomach and prevent stone formation. Apple cider vinegar has citric properties that can dissolve smaller stones of the kidney and flush them through the urinary tract. This should not be consumed if a person is suffering from diuretics, undertaking insulin and have digoxin.
- Celery juice: Celery juice can be consumed twice or thrice a day to get rid of kidney stones. It can also be used in salads or dishes for flavour and taste. It regulate urine flow, reduce pain and clear toxins from the body. People suffering from blood disorder problems should not consume celery.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice can improve the overall function of the kidney. It can successfully lower the acidic level of the urine and reduce the chances of kidney stone formation in future. . People suffering from liver diseases and blood pressure should refrain from having this juice.
- Kidney beans: As its name indicates, the kidney bean broth can improve the overall health of the kidney and the urinary function. It can flush out kidney stones. Kidney beans soaked in water and 2-3 glasses consumed in a day can do wonders in removing the kidney stone. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!