Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I have hte bleeding piles and I got injection for the same in my anus from bams doctor, but problem is still there and iam feeling anus itching/inflammation. Please advisekamal kishore.
How to get hair back. I have some bald patches. I also have seborrhea dermatitis. How to get back the hair, where the bald is. I'm 21 years old.
I am 27 years ood married women and working as an HR in bank. Being a HR I'm the first person a candidate come across wen dey cm fr interview. Now my issue is my face looks dull n lusterless. I dnt have glow on my neither on my eyes. The white part of my eyes are yellow and have dark circles wd dry skin. Evn my hair is dull rough n with luster. What can I do. Eat and wat type exercise shld I do to get a glowing bright eyes n face. Kindly help. I'm ok with homeo. Ayurvedic and allopathic remedy.
I am 45 years old. I am suffering from prostate enlarge. Burning and pain in urine. On pressor urine and latrin release simen from my penise. I am eating medicine aurved, unani. But no releif. I am diabetic.
My face has got many blemishes and marks and is getting dull day by day please suggest some remedy by which I can get my skin glowing.
I have redness on my face and also irritation I have use tables and cream from last 2 weeks but I not seen any changes what should I do you can suggest me.
How to cure black spots on face. And also getting fair skin. What should I do for better glowing skin. Is there any exercise or any medicine to solve this problems.
I am 19 years old I have dark circles for last 10 years. I have asked you about my dark circles on this app kindly tell me the diet chart and also the cream which I should apply on my dark circles.
I am having dark circles around my eyes and its getting deeper and denser day by day. What should I do?
Hi sir, I am 30 years old, recently I got rashes like pimples only on forehead from last one month. And today I am identified 2 or 3 rashes on my back. please suggest what to do?
Anyone with Chronic Prostatitis ever had a turp done. I did, but it was only one of a number of other factors I was having down there?
The skin is the largest organ of the body and for our overall health, it is important to ensure that it remains in good health. In the last few decades various cancers of the skin have been on the rise which has become a point of concern for medical professionals worldwide. A simple spot on your skin could be the very first sign of skin cancer and thus it is helpful to be armed with knowledge about this subject.
Types of skin cancer
Skin cancers are primarily categorized into one of three types:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Although the types of cancer are different, they have similar symptoms that you can look out for. Analyzing your skin spots or lesions for tell tale signs can tell you whether it needs to be checked out by a doctor or not. Let's look at some of them:
- The shades or colors of the patch: Cancerous skin cells will have various colors on them and may be pink or white in certain areas while being brown or black in other areas.
- The spot or lesion will always be changing: If the spot or growth on your skin is cancerous it will constantly change size shape or form as well as color.
- Almost always asymmetrical shape: Cancerous growth on your skin will tend to be irregular in shape and one side of it will not be similar to the other.
- The shape or borders of the spot: If the lesion or spot on your skin is jagged, quite irregular in shape or the sides are blurred then this may be a sign of a cancerous growth.
- Tenderness of the spots or the lesions: These spots can be painful, tender, itchy and also have redness in the area surrounding it. It could even be oozing or bleeding although this depends from patient to patient.
- Horn like growths: Certain form of skin spots or lesions will grow into small horn like growth on the skin and feel like nails. This is due to the excess presence of keratin which is found in nails and may be an indicator for skin cancer.
- Moles that change shape, size or color: If you have developed a mole and it keeps changing its color, size and edges it could be clear sign of melanoma. In such cases it is best to get it checked by your doctor.
Skin cancers are easily treatable if diagnosed early and have a high chance of being cured, but it is also important for you to self diagnose any spots or areas of concern so that you can take appropriate action in time.