Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am trying to conceive but I am having cyst problem but my doctor advised to take ovral l tablet. For what purpose she gave tablet. What is the usage but I saw in net they said it will prevent pregnancy. Please help me doctor.
It is always advisable to practice safe physical intimacy, which helps avoid many complications including unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Talking of the latter, while some like herpes manifest shortly after contracting the disease, some may take months and years to show up and infections like chlamydia are extremely hard to detect.
So, if you think you could have contracted an STD from someone, be sure to watch out for the following signs and symptoms.
Vaginal or penile discharge: If you are experiencing anything unusual in terms of discharge (color, consistency, or odor change) from your genital organs after unprotected sex, it is always advisable to get it tested. The risk is higher if you are not sure of your partner’s history.
Vaginal or penile itching: This could again be one of the early signs of infection and therefore it will be good to get it checked.
Sores or lesions on the genitals: Whatever the size, shape or color, if you are seeing sores on the genitals, especially after doubtful sexual relations, visit your doctor and have a frank chat.
Vaginal bleeding: If there is abnormal bleeding which is not normal for you, it could be a warning sign of an STD and it is better to get it checked.
Painful sex: Again, if this is abnormal for you, it is time for a checkup. Note that this would usually be combined with one or more of the above symptoms and would not be the only issue you are having.
Testicular pain: Pain in the testicles which is not normal for you could be another indication of an STD. This would not be the only symptom and would be accompanied by other symptoms mentioned above.
Pain in the lower abdomen: Most STDs in men and women also have lower abdominal pain, in the pelvic/scrotal area.
History: If your partner has had a history of STDs in the last one year, then the risk of you developing an STD is quite high. In such cases, it is always advisable to get it tested. This will help clear your doubt plus control the disease at an early stage.
Inability to conceive: Some STDs can cause infertility and so inability to conceive may require ruling out STDs
Manifestation of symptoms: For more severe conditions like HIV, the symptoms manifest after a long time and include general symptoms of immuno suppression like fatigue, tiredness and slowly develop specific symptoms like oral candidiasis and other infections.
When in doubt, do not hesitate to get yourself or your partner tested. There is no reason for embarrassment and avoiding tests in the early days can prove very dear if the disease progresses to advanced stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
Some people experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction and think of consuming Viagra. Viagra is the market name of a substance called Sildenafil, which is used for the correction of erectile dysfunction. It creates hypertension in the blood vessels, enabling you to get an enhanced erection. Viagra is quite useful for boosting your sexual performance. However, you may experience several side effects on your health. Before deciding on using a pack of Viagra, it is advised to consult a doctor to know the exact dosage that would work for you.
1. 50 mg is the recommended dosage for men in general. The dose can be sometimes increased up to 100 mg. It depends on tolerance and effectiveness. The dose may also be decreased to 25 mg in some cases. It is also advised not to take Viagra more than once a day. The dosage will have to be altered if you take other prescribed medicines.
2. Viagra single packs are also prescribed by doctors. Single packs are available in dosages of 25, 50 and 100 mg.
When should you avoid viagra?
Viagra should be avoided in some cases.
These include the following:
1. In case you take prescribed nitrates for chest pain or pulmonary disorder, your doctor would advise you not to use Viagra due as it increases the risk of high blood pressure, which can be quite disastrous for your health.
2. Many people are allergic to sildenafil, which is a substance present in Viagra.
Side effects of consuming viagra
Viagra causes several serious side effects on the body. Therefore, it is very important to take a doctor’s advice and know about the different adversities. The most common side effects include the following:
1. Priapism: This is a condition where your erection lasts for about four hours or longer and does not end. Permanent damage to the penis is indicated if this condition is not treated.
2. Loss of vision and hearing impairment: Viagra may cause Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION). This disorder may lead to loss of vision in one or both the eyes. Tinnitus or hearing impairment is another condition, which may occur as a side effect of consuming Viagra.
You should always consult a doctor before you decide to take as he would know best about the dosage required by your body. He will also advise you about an ideal method of usage.
Hi Hv one 6 year boy. I'm not planning kid. I had Ipil last month. Hv not got my periods yet. I chked pregnancy test. It's negative. Now what should I do.
It is likely for you to experience false labour pain or false contractions before the beginning of true labour during pregnancy. This is called Braxton Hicks contractions, and it is the way of telling the body to get ready for the real labour pain on the day of giving birth. However, these false contractions do not indicate that the labour has started or will begin shortly.
How do false labour contractions feel like?
Women may get a tightening feeling in their abdomen, which comes and goes away, due to Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. These false contractions may feel like menstrual cramps. These contractions are unlike true labour and usually do not cause pain. They do not occur regularly and do not get closer together. They do not last for very long or get worse with time. These false contractions may be felt during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
The difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions
There are several differences between true labor pain and false labour contractions. These are as follows:
- Comparing how often these contractions occur allows us to differentiate between true labour pains and false contractions. False labour contractions are irregular while true contractions occur at regular intervals. They last for over a minute, and they get stronger and closer with the passage of time.
- The change in these contractions are based on your movement, which allows us to differentiate between the two types. False labour contractions may end when you take a walk or rest, and stop when you change your position. In case of true labour pains, the contractions keep on continuing irrespective of any kind of movement or change in position. They do not stop even when you take some rest.
- The strength of true labour pain and false contractions is different. False labor contractions are weak in general and there are less chances of them getting worse. They are stronger in the beginning and gradually weaken. However, true labour contractions get increasingly stronger with time.
- We can differentiate between the two types of contractions on the basis of the areas which are affected with pain. False labour contractions only cause slight pain in the front part of the abdomen and the pelvis. True labour pain is much more intensive in nature. They usually begin from the lower back and move to the front abdomen region. They may start in the abdomen and move back as well.
If you are not sure and cannot differentiate between true labour pains and Braxton Hicks contractions, it is essential for you to consult a gynaecologist. A doctor will be able to identify the true nature of the contractions.
If a girl take i-pill without sex just for doubt then what would be its effect? She is not sure that she had sex or not so she want to take I pill just for doubt.
My wife have missed menstrual period her date was 18 th Feb.On doing pregnancy test at home its found positive. Today on consulting Drs & doing ultrasound its found that Sac is of 7 mm <5 week but no Embryonic node. Is there no chance of pregnancy?
Our gut or intestine is a home to many of the microbes that are harmful or harmless. The count of harmless microbes increases when the diet comprises of processed foods that are high in sugars, low in fibre and other nutrients. Such environment creates a perfect breeding ground for the microbes which then cause indigestion, bloating, burning sensation, malabsorption syndrome etc. So, the first step is the restoration of intestinal flora by consuming fresh, natural foods on time and in moderation. This will subsequently reduce the putrid causing microbes and help reduce the digestion problems.
What may be the reasons for irregular periods and does the consumption of birth contraceptive pills leads to further pregnancy complications?
Dear doctor, I got my period on 05.01.2017. My last period before that was on 23.11.2016. I took an emergency contraceptive pill in December and I didn't get my period that month. It got delayed and I got it on the 5th of January. When are the days I can have unprotected sex now this month without falling pregnant? Kindly let me know please.
I am pregnant woman. May I do face steaming now. And may I take henna leaves and hibiscus leaves for hair bath? Will these affect baby in anyway?
Hi sir, I'm Ravi Kumar, I'm having 7 months kid but my period due date is 9th of June but still it's not happens we are not in a position to look forward for one more We need your suggestion on this, could you please let me know is there any tablet terminate the pregnancy if she is pregnant.
On 24th June 2017, My dad advised my mom that he felt some swelling under lower abdominal and upper right thigh. Mom did some ideas massage (pain relief gel) but it was not worthful. On 1st July 2017, we went to our local hospital (Pahwa Hospital, Ludhiana, India), we met with a Doctor (MBBS, MD), he checked and advised to do Ultra sound test, CT Scan and Needle test. On 5th of July 2017, the local doctor advised me after seeing the reports, he has cancer and he recommended to go to the renowned oncologist in Ludhiana (forte hospital). On 11th of July 2017, dad was so weak that he could not stand, could not walk and he could not speak properly. So, we went to a known hospital where they gave antibiotics, paracetamol, glucose drips. In the CBC blood report, blood infection came out. After the antibiotics treatment, the fever is under control now. From yesterday, dad right leg is swelled from lower abdomen to the knee. All the things happened after needle test NFCA (fever, and more hard swelling). He can not move his right leg properly, he feels weak and sometimes pain in right leg. I read online that it is superficial Thrombophlebitis, anti-inflammatory tablets, cream, and gels can be applied or taken to reduce any pain Hope, my written details will give you enough idea regarding the problem. I am attaching all the reports with x-rays phone clicks and patient swelling leg photos. Please advise, to reduce the pain and swelling. Thanks.
Hi, I am about 22 weeks pregnant still not felling baby movement.in my previous ultrasound done on 16 weeks found the placenta anterior. I am so worried now, wt should I do. Pls.
Hello Dr, I want to know is there any chances me getting pregnant. Coz I hve a son aged 15 years now. N planning for one more kid, should I go for any more tests. And my period cycle is 35 days. Kindly advice.
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain. Testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism. Low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to early adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
Testosterone and aging
Low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
Reduced sexual desire, or low libido
Fewer spontaneous erections
Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
Changes in sleep patterns
Emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
Physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1, 100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
A reaction to certain medications
Thyroid gland disorders
Excessive alcohol use
The best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.