Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Jaya AmudhanYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
I have a desk job and I work as a computer operator in a computer centre. I generally feels back pain when I stand up suddenly.
I am facing calf pain when I am using to wash the clothes&to do anything in sitting position. So please tell me the reason&remedy.
My mother met with an accident 2 months back and got hairline fractures in right wrist and right leg. She is recovering now but have some backache and diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency now. What should we give her as part of her diet to balance her vitamin D.Also she is a vegetarian. please suggest.
My girlfriend is 22 years old she is having knee pain, she cannot stand or walk for a long time without knee support, if she does she is experiencing a severe pain in her leg and it stars swelling. Is there any cure for this?
One part of the human body is essential for the efficient functioning of another. The hip joint provides support to your overall body weight while you are at ease or in motion. Suffering from medical problems pertaining to the hip can impede free movement; walking, running, stooping, sitting or even lying down will cause immense pain and discomfort in such a situation. While certain bodily disabilities come with old age and are in most cases unavoidable; some others can actually be controlled through physical exercise.
Take a look at a few stretches to improve your hip mobility:
- Stretch like a pigeon: This yoga loosens up muscle tension in and around a person's hip. Your right leg must be stretched behind while the upper part of your body bends over a folded left leg in front. Your head rests on your coupled hands. This stretch improves the shape of your hip as well.
- Try to be an eagle for hip firmness: To align your body in the perfect eagle pose; you probably need to be a conjurer; that is the kind of flexibility the posture requires. Be a half-chair making your hands intersect above your head while your left leg crosses the right one. The pressure is on your hip making it strong. Your body has to be in one single line.
- Sit in the chair pose: Crouching on your haunches with your torso inclined to the front is a good way to better hip mobility. This exercise also relieves you of back pain. It adds potency to the muscles of your upper thighs thus giving a well- rounded hip extra support.
- Stoop in the downward doggy pose: The downward doggy pose helps you concentrate on the fullness of your hips. The back muscles are stretched and the problem of a small, rickety hip is dealt with through this yoga. Your legs should be erect at the knees and should be stretched apart depending upon the width of your hip. The rest of your body should bend in a forward arch while your spread hands touch the ground.
- Try out the benefits of World's Greatest Stretch: World's greatest stretch involves a series of stretches that not only accentuates your hipline making your hip muscles adaptable to stress but also tones muscles in other parts of your body. It is a three- fold exercise. The second step is the most difficult where your body is balanced on a half folded right leg and you're required to touch the ground with your right elbow.