Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Janardhana ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year boy, and my body is full of black spots so, I used many iotments and tablets but there is no use .what should I use to reduce my spots doctor?
How to get a better glowing skin? I always see myself up in the mirror and I feel that my skin both facial and arms are not completely hydrated, though I drink a lot of water and also I have started to see that my beards are turning red slowly slowly.
I have lot of pimples, acne and dark spots and scar how can I refuse scar? I am at the age of 27 . I am irritated while seeing my face with this scar.
I had a pimple at the center of my chest. Now it is cured but it left a dark spot scar. It's has been there since a year. How can I remove this dark spot scar?
I have black spots of acne on face. And very sensitive to sunlight. I got black skin easily in a low light of sun.
Hi Doctor my mom is 60 years her problem is since 2 months her feet skin is becoming hard and started cracking she feels very burning and painful and sometimes blood is coming out from cracks she is taking aceret25 tab and applying Dershine cream but no result her diabetes is normal and no bp hemoglobin is also normal pls advice Thanks in advance.
I have black spots on face as well as on back side. I have consumed some medicine and applied creams but is not effecting on my skin.
Ovarian Cancer, as the name suggests, is a cancer that affects the ovaries. It leads to the abnormal growth of cells, which eventually spreads over to other parts of a woman’s body, such as the stomach, uterus and vagina. The risk of ovarian cancer is greater in women who have experienced the process of ovulation many times in their lifetime. It also includes those women who attain menopause at a much later stage in their lives or those who start ovulation at an early age. The different types of tumors, which develop in ovarian cells are more often than not, benign or non-cancerous and do not spread beyond the ovaries.
Therefore, they can be easily treated by either removing a part or the whole of the ovary. But malign tumors have the ability to spread to other parts of the body and can prove to be fatal.
What are the causes of ovarian cancer
1. Family History: If someone in your close relation like mother, sister or daughter has developed ovarian cancer, then the risk of becoming susceptible to the disease also increases. If any of your close relatives have developed the disease earlier at a young age, then it’s quite likely that it was due to some inherited faulty gene. BCRA1 and BCRA2 are known to be the faulty genes that are connected to ovarian cancer.
2. Age: You become more susceptible to developing ovarian cancer at a postmenopausal stage.
3. Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): Women who go for hormone replacement therapy put themselves at a greater risk of developing the disease. Nevertheless, if you stop undergoing the sessions of HRT, your risk of suffering from this fatal condition eventually decreases.
4. Obesity/overweight: This is also one of the important factors behind the increased risks of developing ovarian cancer. So, the more obese you are, greater is the risk involved.
What are the symptoms associated with ovarian cancer?
1. Symptoms at an initial stage include pelvic or abdominal pain, postmenopausal vaginal bleeding or irregular menstruation.
2. Loss of appetite or feeling full quickly
3. Other typical symptoms are diarrhea, constipation, nausea or changes in bowel movements.
4. Feeling of mass pressure at your lower back or pelvis
Treatment available for it
Treatment for ovarian cancer generally consists of a combination of surgery and chemotherapy:
1. Surgery: Treatment usually entails removal of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes, including the surrounding lymph nodes as well as the fatty abdominal tissue, which often gets affected with ovarian cancer. This surgery may help you to retain the ability to conceive.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a procedure that follows a surgery and is performed to destroy the remaining cancer cells, if any. Chemotherapy drugs are either inserted into your vein or directly into the abdominal cavity and if need be, into both.
My ass hole that is rectum has swelled little bit. since two days and its paining during bathroom .what was it .how can reduce it .And I am eating outside can give a suggestion for sir.
When I wash my face with soap it gets very dry. I change my soap to mild one but still I get dryness. Also I have oily skin. When I use cream for dryness my skin get too oily. Cream remain on the skin surface and not get absorbed. What is this problem and how to prevent. I do not want to use cream because it produce oil.
I have fair colour bt on my chicks many spot are my look ugly I want to remove these spot so pls tell me home made solution.
I am having black heads and white heads on my nose what should I have to do to remove it from my nose completely.
My friend is 23 years old and she has a sensitive skin problem. Whatever she eats it shows on her face nxt day pimples appear on her face. So pls suggest some tips for her to get clear skin.
I am 22 year old girl, my problem is when I go to bed in winter season my skin starts itching below neck and up to knee. While in other season it's okay. Can you suggest me something this is very irritating for me.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hair, which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing : All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
There are also several risks of laser hair removal, which are pretty common and about which you should be aware of. These include.
- Blisters and sunburns: Even though blisters are rare, sunburns are pretty common. You can wear makeup on your face to cover up the side burns unless it has blisters.
- Changes in the color of the skin: Sunscreen can be worn to treat this problem.