Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Janani Kasthurirengan
Submit a review for Ms. Janani KasthurirenganYour feedback matters!
Hello I studied 10 hours in a day will yoga help me in keeping away from stress and increase memorise power I do not know about it.
I am 59 years old, I am suffering from panic anxity with odc pls let us advise it will cure from yoga or medicine. Please also let us know whether it is accurt case or not ?
Its been month I do not like anything, do not like to talk to anyone, don't even go out or do something, I keep on sleeping for so many hours everything upsets mind is sticked somewhere in thoughts everything seems to be down and negative. Feel like crying but can not help out at all. I do not know what is this phase but I am sure there is something wrong. Is this depression as it is almost moth now.
I have JUVENILE MYCLONIC EPILEPSY since 3 years. I came to know about it when I met a neurologist which had me an EEG test. There is no one in my family have this problem. Not even any neurological problem so far. I don't know where I got this disease. Doctor said the cause is unknown. Also I am physically weak. Is weakness might be a cause? I have also other problems such as memory loss, confusion and attention problem. Are these problems due to that disease? I just want to know what's cause of this.
My father was having weight problem. His weight was 113. So we consulted an ayurvedic doctor. He gave some medicines and advised to follow a diet. Now his weight is 92. My father is following this from last 5 months. But from last 3 months he is suffering from different disorder. After few days, twice in a week, he feels a lot of weakness, cold and most importantly depression. He was a very optimistic person but during this attack he totally lost his emotional control. He has never been through such disorder before. Firstly the doctor told that this might be due to vitamin b13 deficiency. But blood reports are normal. Now even the doctor is not able to get the exact cause. Please help us through this. Do this need a psychiatric treatment? Is this due to allergy of the medicines that the ayurvedic doctor gave?
I am 24 years old and my mother is suffering from mental illness as because me and my mother were separated from last 15 years and till now she is mentally ill. Sir what should I do.
My parents fight on a daily basis I had talked to them to solve but neither of them is trying to solve. But in between I get depress of it as well as my younger brother also has some behavioral changes. Parents also do not prefer to go for counseling so what should I do?
Schizophrenia affects over 1% of the world’s population and affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. In most cases, it is diagnosed when a person is between the ages of 16 to 25. This condition can be hereditary and is said to affect men more often than women. Schizophrenia is characterized by an inability to distinguish between real and imaginary which can lead to delusions, social withdrawal, hallucinations and other forms of social and occupational dysfunction.
Schizophrenia affects different people in different ways. On the basis of the type of symptoms exhibited, this disease has been categorized into 5 sub types. These are:
- Paranoid schizophrenia: This type of schizophrenia is characterized by delusions and hallucinations that may make the person exhibit paranoid behaviour. These people often feel like they are being watched or followed and may have delusions of grandeur. They may also get angry quickly on minor issues and show signs of anxiety and hostility.
- Disorganized schizophrenia: In such cases, the person may behave in ways that are difficult to understand or speak in broken sentences and have difficulty structuring a sentence. They may also display inappropriate behaviour and react in ways not suitable to the occasion. People suffering from disorganized schizophrenia may also neglect their personal hygiene.
- Catatonic schizophrenia: People suffering from catatonic schizophrenia may swing between immobility and periods of rapid movement. They may stay quiet for hours or talk rapidly repeating everything they hear. These people have a high risk of harming themselves as they are usually unable to look after themselves and complete daily activities.
- Undifferentiated schizophrenia: People suffering from this type of schizophrenia exhibit behaviour that fits into more than one type of schizophrenia. From time to time they may have hallucinations, suffer from delusions or display catatonic behaviour and disorganized behaviour or speech.
- Residual schizophrenia: Even though a person may not be currently showcasing any signs of schizophrenia, they are said to have residual schizophrenia. Such people need to have had at least one schizophrenic episode. These people may exhibit symptoms later or be in complete remission.
With schizophrenia, an early diagnosis can make treatment easier and hence if you notice anyone exhibiting signs of schizophrenia, you must advise them to seek medical help immediately. Schizophrenia cannot be cured but it can be managed with a combination of typical or atypical medication and cognitive therapy. The latter can be in the form of self-help groups, housing and employment programs, counselling and therapy.