Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jai ShankarYour feedback matters!
I'm 25 years old male and I have cholesterol blood presume and uric acid problem, but as I take medication for these and I have pain in my back chest and legs, I can't rotate my neck properly. My doctor said me that I have muscle spasms. My ecg that I have made several times where normal.
I am suffering from pain in my heart side. Pain ll be sharp whenever I breath n laugh. please suggest me why it is?
My sugar level and blood pressure is on high level. I also take medicines and insulins regularly. How I control that.
I have GERD, so not taking food full stomach. Having bp 140/100 And taking repace 50 mg 2 wise in a day and ADEB-T morning after meal. Pls suggest some natural remedies to cure my problems.
Hello doctor, my mom went under an open heart surgery few years ago, she is taking all the medicine described by the surgeon, but from last 1 week there is a swelling in her leg, the leg has swollen very much she can not even walk properly, why is it so?
Sir muje chest pain rahta hai. Sardi ke sath hi sans lene me problem aati h. Chalte samay sans fulti hai. SIR ji Kuch Ray finite.
Hi, I did my blood test and my cholesterol level has increased a lot. The LDL value is 176. Can you please suggest if I have to go for medication or I can lower it by doing exercise?
I am 19 years old and I am just 5.6 feet but I want to increase my height upto 5.11 feet what shall I do as well as my father feels pain and it also burns in the chest since 4 years what is the solution and he also has a problem with leg pain that too since 5 years.
My father was suffering from a heart problem in her heart 2 blokeg 1was 50% and 2 99% so pleas sugest me.
I am 35 years old male and I am suffering from high cholesterol 299 triglycerides 345 how to get it normal.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction mostly occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked due to one or more reasons. The most prominent reason could be high fat or cholesterol that results in plaque build up in the coronary artery. The restricted blood flow has the potential to damage or even destroy the heart muscle. Some of the symptoms that can be helpful when it comes to the identification of a heart attack are listed below.
1. Discomfort in the Chest - Your chest may feel tight and pressured when you are about to be hit by a heart attack. Pain or discomfort in the chest is usually central typically felt behind the sternum, the central bone of chest. It may not be pain, it may be only discomfort, it may only be in upper part of tummy, very commonly confused with a gas problem. It is often accompanied by a painful sensation in the chest or arms. If a chest pain lasts more than 15-20 min it can be assumed to be a heart attack. This aching sensation may even spread to your back, neck or jaw.
2. Feeling of inconvenience - Often before the heart attack, the person may have feelings of nausea, ingestion, abdominal pain or a heartburn.
3. Breathing problems - Another prominent symptom of heart attack is shortness of breath which is accompanied by cold sweat and fatigue.
If you think you are getting a heart attack, you should immediately take one tablet of Aspirin (preferably chew aspirin if possible), 4 tablets of a drug called Clopidogrel, and one tablet of Atorvastatin 80 mg and rush to the nearest possible medical facility as time is very important in the treatment of an acute heart attack. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Dear sir, My mom's bp level is always high, what is the home made treatment to maintain the bp level normal.
HI, This is for my mother, and she is 45 years old. She is having pain and swelling in the whole body since a year due to which she is having difficulty in performing her daily routine work. We did a whole body checkup for her and in the report we found the following mentioned results: TSH 6.21 cholesterol LDL 103 A/G 1.28 PCV 35.0 MCHC 34.6 MPV 12.3 Lymphocytes 45 please suggest some treatment if required I can share the reports.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.