Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagannathan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JagannathanYour feedback matters!
I am new mom. I was not having sufficient milk production so my gynaecologist suggested me to discontinue feeding. I am having a lump in my breast since 8 days. Its very painful. I consulted two doctors but they suggested me to feed the baby. I am feeding the baby since two days but lump os increasing instead of melting down. I do not know what to do. After feeding the baby it pains too much.
I have been suffering from Fissuer , Piles from last 1 year. I have been performing hot water sitting exercise for curing it and I consume natural fiber powder with water daily as advised by a doctor but I am not getting rid of it permanently. I also consume sufficient water daily to make sure that stool does not get hard to pass. More than pain I am fed up with Anus itching which I feel quite often and is unbearable. Can anyone suggest how I can get a permanent relief from this problem other than surgery ?
MY skin very oily and very pimple use for face wash for good (Clean Clear pimple clearing face) Not (Patanjali Orange and Aloe Vera Face Wash) please tell me doctor I am waiting for your answered?
I have some rashes between my tails. My tails is very close together because my walk sir this problem I used many rashes creams but not working. Now sir please help me.
I have the skin problem. Every summer season I am getting itching in my legs and hands. I taking the treatment more than 10 years. But not getting cured.
I am 28 years old female. I have black or green dots on my neck and left hand near the fold for past 4 Months. I applied calamine lotion and zinc oxide but there is no change in it. Please help me get rid of this ASAP.
I am 21 years old. Four years ago I had chicken pox. But there still marks on my face and along with theres acne marks with oily and dull skin. Please suggest me what should I do.
Staying out in the sun for too long can make you suffer from a host of skin problems such as age spots, wrinkles and even increase your risk of developing skin cancer. During the summer months, you need to take extra care of yourself as the sun is at its peak at that time. Here's what you can do in this summer to ensure that your skin remains protected:
1. Avoid the rays of the sun between 10 am and 2 pm - The strength of the UV rays depends on a number of factors such as reflective surfaces, height, and time of day. The sun's UV rays are at their strongest between 10 am and 2 pm. If you're outdoors, seek a cool area to protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun. You could stand under a tree or use an umbrella to shield yourself from its ultraviolet rays.
2. Don't use tanning beds - Several studies reveal that tanning beds can cause skin cancer. According to these studies, individuals under 30 who use tanning beds increase their risk of melanoma (the most deadly of all skin cancers) by about 75%.
3. Increase your fluid intake - One of the ways in which you can beat the sun and protect your skin is by increasing your fluid intake during this time. On an average, one should have about 3 liters of fluids every day, which is about 1.5-2 liters of water and 1 liter of fluid from solid foods. From summer foods like watermelon and berries to beverages like fruit juice, milk, etc and liquid-based meals - all these avenues should be considered.
4. Have a proper cleansing regimen - To help your skin look fresh even during the summer months, you should exfoliate regularly. When you do this, all the dead skin cells are removed, giving your face a youthful and fresh appeal.
5. Use a sunscreen all the time - To protect yourself from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun, you should never forget to apply sunscreen when going out. Ideally, a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 should be applied thoroughly to your skin 30 minutes before leaving your house. More importantly, it should be applied again every 2 hours.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!