Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JagannathanYour feedback matters!
I want to know the symptoms of depression. I am stressed a lot and sometimes feel that its better to die. But because I am a fighter, I compose myself and face the problem. Sometimes even small issue triggers the stress levels and I feel life to be useless. Kindly guide. Thanks.
I'm having dark circles under my eyes and also dark spots on my face. Can I please have a remedy for that as I'm leaving to abroad in a couple of months for study. please help me get rid of this situation?
Sir, rushes on foot fingers and make dark for more than 1 year. After rubbing hard finger color turn white and paining.
I have fungal infection in my vaginal area. I tried waxing off the pubic hair to avoid irritation and for intercourse purposes. Now I have developed red blisters all over and it's aching. How to prevent this or stop it once and for all. Is sex advisable during this time?
I have pimples on my face from last 10 years and it is not going yet. It has left marks on face. What advice you will give to get rid of it?
I am suffering from melasma. Have consulted number of allopathy doctors in last 4-5 years but did not get results. Is it curable or not. What should I do.
Dark mark under the eyes because of the hot water. It has been there from 7-8 years. How to treat this?
I usually have skin infections during summer time, can anybody help me with the ways to get rid of this?
I don't have any pimples and marks on my face when I was in my native but after when I came to Bangalore I got so much pimples n mark n dark spots. So please suggest me a medicine or any remedy for getting rid of this. Thank you.
I was dignosed with Colon cancer and operated for ca descending colon. I have finished 6 months of oral chemotherapy with Xeloda(2500 mgs daily for 2 months) and capegard for 4 months. My query: 1)Any further tests and when. 2) Any precautions to avoid recurrence.
My sister don't have any face problem but when she went out in sunlight can see dark black spot in a day. Why this happens and what can she do now.
We all have different skin types. While some have dry skin, others have oily. So if you have oily skin, then here are 5 tips to keep in mind, to keep your skin oil free. Oily skin is usually a constant problem in every season since even after washing the face properly it becomes very oily after some time. And, if some cosmetic is applied, then also it makes no difference, the skin remains as oily as ever. Now dermatologists offer various solutions to this problem. Even though you might come across home remedies like the sugar and lime scrub or yogurt, turmeric paste, it is always better to seek professional help for oily skin.
There are mainly 5 skin types:
- Oily: This skin type has too much oil, which can be seen on the face even after cleaning it.
- Dry: The dry skin lacks essential moisture and looks very dry.
- Normal: The normal type of skin is neither dry, nor too oily and not too sensitive also.
- Sensitive: Sensitive type skin is very sensitive and is easily affected by weather changes or any other factor.
- Combination skin: Combination skin is, in which some parts of facial skin are dry and others are oily. Use non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics.
Here we are going to deal with the oily skin type and its treatment. Oily skin appears to be greasy and teenagers often face the problem of oily skin during their puberty. Oily skin can also be caused due to heredity, diet, hormone levels, cosmetics usage and humid or hot weather. According to dermatologists, diet plays an important role behind oily skin. Consuming oily or fried food or having too much oil in your diet can be the reason behind your oily skin. Weather can also make your skin oily. Humidity especially causes the oil to come out of the pores and give your face a greasy look.
Tips to treat oily skin:
- Use a gentle face wash or cleanser and reduce the use of toner: Use a gentle face wash to wash your face at least twice a day to reduce the oil levels. Also reduce the use of toner, and if you use toner then try using an alcohol free one.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Keeping yourself hydrated is very important as the face starts releasing oils if the skin is not hydrated properly.
- Try the home remedies carefully: You might not know the exact concentration of lemon in a sugar lemon scrub, as excess of lemon can cause allergic reactions. So apply home remedies with discretion.
- Use the cosmetics according to your skin type: Cosmetics are very important for a woman and if your skin is oily, it's better to choose non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics
- Consult a dermatologist for quick solution: We all know that a doctor knows the best cures to all our ailments, so try consulting your dermatologist for a quick solution to your problem of oily skin.
Related Tip: "Oily Skin and Summers: What Is the Ideal Way to Handle It?"