Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagadesaan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. JagadesaanYour feedback matters!
I brush twice daily. But still my teeth is not getting white color. I am using sensodyne tooth paste. What should I do to get rid of the yellow stains.
My teeth become black from bottom. The blackening made a lining around every tooth. I have tried many pastes herbal and others. But does work at all. Once I got cleaned my teeth by a dentist but the problem prevails again. Please suggest any solution.
I'm a 58 year old female and have about 20 odd decayed/mobile teeth & root pieces in my mouth currently which I have been advised to extract & replace with denture / implants. I can chew food normally and dont really experience excruciating toothache as such. But from a look or smile perspective, my mouth looks very bad. I'm on medication for high bp currently. Had tuberculosis about 8 yrs back. Rest is fine. My questions are: 1. Should I extract teeth now. Is this the right time or I should put it off for later when i'm unable to chew? 2. Should I continue the same way since I can chew food now. Not sure if I will be able to eat with dentures / implants? 3. Dont experience very bad toothache now. So should I opt for extraction right away and invite pain? 4. If yes, I have been advised to extract all teeth in one sitting by my dentist. Is that risky. Are there any side effects? thanks.
My father is 67 years old and he has no teeth. He need to reliable and economical solution as he did not take any food due to same issue
Sir from last 6 months I have problem related to throat because of the acid reflux problem whenever I am eating food I comes back from mouth with bitter test will you please suggest me what to do in this problem thanks.
Hi Dr. After proper brushing. I feel like foul odor through my mouth. I don't have any bad habits like chewing tobacco etc. Can you please help me out to get rid of this.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.