Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. JacksonYour feedback matters!
Nerve is bumping or stretching more like pain on left hand so what r the measures to be taken.(wrist to joint)
Hi Doctor, I am suffering from pneumonia my head legs and hand are paining in night my head is also aching I get full erected with this problem so doctor please answer me soon Thank you doctor.
I am 35 male. Recently got my ankle fractured along with a ligament tear (this is what the Dr. told me after X Ray). Used a pain killer along with phlogam for a week. The review x-ray showed improvement and I was told to stop the pain killer but continue phlogam tablet. Now I started feeling terrible pain whenever I lower my leg. I feel like there speed of the liquid increases and I feel the pain in my foot. Please help.
I have some small small kind of acne in hands, shoulder nd in my thighs .And I feel itchy all over my body.
I am suffering from a high pain in my foot .I m not even able to stand kindly help me. To which type of doctor I should go?
I am 41yr old male. Last 4 months before my fingers became stiff and painful. Met doctor found out white blood cell count is very high 10-12. May I know solution for this?
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries.
I am suffering from severe thigh pain. I am diabetic for past 31 years. Sugar levels are under control.I am having hypertension also. For thigh pain I am taking GABANTIN-100. Can I continue? What are its side effects G
The soles of my feet are very sensitive. When I stand on a smooth floor, I feel like stand on pebbles and it is very painful. Why is it?
I have a knee pain since from last year. I have used so many medicines but there is no result. What should I have to do?
I am 23 year old male sometimes my legs are paining so much when I stand for two hours what should I do?
Sports Physiotherapy is a field of Physiotherapy. It focuses on the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, particularly in relation to sport and physical activity.
Sports Physiotherapists have expert knowledge and skills in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries so they can optimize your return to sport after injury,resolve chronic or recurrent injuries and prevent further injury,
enhance your sporting performance and sports technique, and
increase your flexibility, muscle control and strength
Sports Physiotherapists work with weekend warriors, aspirational athletes, professional sports people and Olympic champions.
Sports Injury Treatment
The immediate treatment of any soft tissue injury consists of the RICER protocol - rest, ice, compression, elevation and referral. The protocol should be followed for 48-72 hours. The aim is to reduce the bleeding and damage within the joint.
The No HARM protocol should also be applied - no heat, no alcohol, no running or activity, and no massage. This will ensure decreased bleeding and swelling in the injured area.
This regime should be used for all ligament sprains, muscle sprains and muscle bruises. Referral for bumps and bruises which occur in sport or physical activity, other than those which are minor is recommended.
Sports Physiotherapists are highly trained and experienced in...
Crisis management, enabling them to take immediate care of injuries on the field.
Providing skilled diagnosis of sporting injuries.
Correcting muscle imbalances and posture.
Prescribing exercise rehabilitation programs for specific injuries.
Bio-mechanical analysis of sports technique to improve sports performance and prevent injury.
providing education about injury management, prevention & maximizing sporting performance.
Designing stretching programs for teams and individuals.
Advising on appropriate warm up, cool down and recovery programs.
Providing pre-season screening and injury prevention programs.