Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.V. Mahendran
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.V. MahendranYour feedback matters!
My wife is 40yrs old. She is suffering from migraine from last 2 years. Apart from this she has no medical history (not suffering from any disease) please suggest.
My left hand become partially senseless. I don't no how it was happens but I every time feel there nerve is not so fastly responding. please help.
Dear Dr. Knowingly & unknowingly I had destroyed my body with all the habits now I'm facing some issue like, 1. Shaking of hands. 2. No resistance power. 3. Depression 4. Weakness I wanna change my life and wanna fix it can you please suggest me on this. Thanks
What is the blood Cancer. What is the is the effect of blood cancer in human body. How to stop the blood cancer in human body. And how to treat brain tumor?
My father had a fall 3 months ago on the road and he had a surface head injury. Immediately I had him hospitalized. CT scan was normal. His BP had dropped but with drip it was back to normal. But he has constantly been reporting Vertigo. We have had multiple sessions with a Neurosurgeon who reported everything normal. What is the next course of action.
How to cure sleep paralysis problem. I have sleep paralysis problem. It occurs on me especially during day time sleep. please help me. I don't have any bad habits like smoking, alcohol consumption and late night sleep. Thank you.
My sister is suffering from autism. She Is 17 Years old. Undergone many treats but nothing helped. She's just like kid now also. She is fully dependent mom not even performing her own duty?
Hello. Dr. Please help me. Meri mom ke brain ki filament me bhot dard ho raha hai kya aap meri koi help kar skte hain. Please jaldi reply then.. Thanks you. Very much.
Now say - Go Migraine
Migraine headache is usually associated with one sided throbbing headache, with nausea ( the tendency to vomit), vomiting and sensitivity to light. In a migraine there is excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of brain and blood vessels.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
Origin of a migraine headache
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of Vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult now.
- Sneha nasya - instillation of medicated oils can be carried to the nostrils. Shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits in this condition.
- Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
- Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
- Mix one-forth teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
- Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from a migraine.
- Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
- Take half a glass of carrot juice. Add half a glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice to cure the migraine.
- Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
- Apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
- Salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
- Buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds, and garlic or asafetida are good in the daytime.
- Have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
- Avoid yogurt especially at night.