Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Good Evening Sir, My problem is I am getting shake or vibrations in my hands when I drive any bike for more than 45 mins. Can I know what is the reason?
Sir my son 1o years old. He is erbs palsy (birth injury) affected. We gave tendon transfer surgery treatment to him. There is no strength in his hand. Is there any other latest treatment available.
Dr my father age was 65 years. Still now he is very healthy. But unexpected peralysis was attached at right leg and hand also. And unable to speak also Dr. Please give me a advise.
Hi, What is the cure of migraine I am suffering from 2 years. Please suggest the medicine. Will be thankful to you.
My husband is 39 years old male. He had epilepsy problem after head accident (3 times operation of head) from 3 years. Now he take the medicine eptoin 100 3nos. Please advise.
High BP. Numbness and pain in limbs and body. Occurring year after year. Ultrasound-Nothing abnormal found. Please give some advice (do's and don't) on my illness. Appreciate and thanking you for saving million of lives. God bless you.
I'm losing weight slowly as I'm suffering from Parkinson's disease. Should I take some medicine like nutrigain? Is alcohol, taken in small quantity, useful in this disease?
I am suffering from type 1 tri gveminal neuralgia since 6 months I have been taking gabapentin. amitriptyline and now carbamazepine. No tab is wrkng pz suggest sme good doc for permanent cure.
Thank you doctor. This hand tremors are not there while at rest or riding motor bike. It appears while doing writing or holding a hot steel cup at the flared / bevelled end with 5 fingers 0R When serving dishes with spoon. This has very gradually increased from teenage. No smoking Or ALCOHOL Doctor!
I am a 24er male. I had been suffering from nerve problem for 17 months. My right leg paralyzed. At first I had suffered from malengaitic malaria. Now what Can I do? Where is the best treatment for me?
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch