Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. J.SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Impression: subcortical edema at left frontoparietal region for my mother. She doesn't recognize my family members. She is talking continuously some family matters of past related. Let and daily work like cooking washing and some daily regular ladies work, whether it is a psychological problem or it is a neuro related problem please give me a suggestion regarding issue to whom I have to approach. She fell down once and then onwards she is behaving in this way. Please guide me sir, I am working as a sales executive in showroom.
I have a back pain. Unable to sit and walk with pain in right leg. Paraesthesia and sometimes numbness feel in the leg.
I have a back pain from last 10-15 days. What should I do? & what is necessary for making our bones strong?
I am a 41 years old female social activist, I am suffering from spondylosis from 15 years. I couldn't afford treatment's in the past, plse suggest me,
I have backache from few days as I work continuously on pc sometimes I got relief for 4 5 days after that its start again what I do?
Sir/Mam I am 32 years old. From last month I have severe pain below left leg thumb and thumb and below part become swallow. I consulted with doctor he advice me for blood test my uric acid is above maximum range. So please suggest me appreciate way to cure it and diet help me to keep away from this disease.
Hello doctor, I am getting regular headache after I wake up, which also leads to neck pain, for which I can not do any work and always want to take rest, please suggest something so that it will get cured very soon, no other problem I am facing elsewhere.
What is osteoarthritis of knee?
Osteoarthritis of the knee (knee oa) is a progressive disease causing inflammation and degeneration of the knee joint that worsens over time. It affects the entire joint, including bone, cartilage, ligament, and muscle. Its progression is influenced by age, body mass index (bmi), bone structure, genetics, strength, and activity level. Knee oa also may develop as a secondary condition following a traumatic knee injury. Depending on the stage of the disease and whether there are associated injuries or conditions, knee oa can be managed with physical therapy. More severe or advanced cases may require surgery.
Symptoms of knee oa may include:
- Worsening pain during or following activity, particularly with walking, climbing, or descending stairs, or moving from a sitting to standing position
- Pain or stiffness after sitting with the knee bent or straight for a prolonged period of time
- A feeling of popping, cracking, or grinding when moving the knee
- Swelling following activity
- Tenderness to touch along the knee joint
Physiotherapy for oa knee:
Here are 5 exercises to help you take control of your knee oa. These exercises are recommendations. Before doing them, get your physio's approval. Never push through pain with these exercises you may be doing your joints more harm than good. Soreness is normal when starting an exercise program, but if it doesn't go away, call your doctor.
1. Knee oa exercise #1: standing quadriceps stretch
- Stretching your quadriceps can ease tension in the knee joints.
- Stand with feet hip-distance apart.
- Bend your right knee and hold the top of your right foot with your right hand.
- Bring your right heel as close as possible to your glutes. You can use a wall for balance.
- Hold for 30 seconds, and repeat on the left leg.
- Do 3 times once a day.
Knee oa exercise #2: standing calf stretch
- This gentle calf stretch increases flexibility in your leg muscles and knee joints.
- Bring your right foot a few feet in front of your left foot. Bend your right leg, making sure your knee doesn't go past your toes.
- Keeping your left leg straight, press your left heel toward the ground to stretch the calf of your back leg.
- Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat on opposite leg.
- Do 3 times daily.
Knee oa exercise #3:
- Seated leg raise
- The seated leg raise exercise helps strengthen muscles around your knees.
- Sit on a chair with both legs bent at 90.
- Slowly raise your right leg so that it's parallel to the floor, keeping your left foot on the ground.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then slowly bring the right foot back to the floor, and repeat on left leg.
- Do 10 times twice a day.
Knee oa exercise #4:
- Step-ups strengthen your legs, making it easier for you to do everyday things like climb stairs. You'll need an exercise step, or use a bottom stair in your house.
- Stand in front of the stair with feet hip-width apart.
- Step onto the stair with your right foot, then with your left foot.
- Step down in reverse: your left foot reaches the ground first, then the right foot.
- Go at your own pace for about 30 seconds at a time. For balance, use a railing.
- Do 10 times twice a day.
Knee oa exercise #5:
- Static quadriceps contraction
- With your knee relatively straight, slowly tighten the muscle at the front of your thigh (quadriceps) by pushing your knee down into a small rolled up towel.
- Put your fingers on your quadriceps to feel the muscle tighten during the contraction.
- Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times as firmly as possible without increasing your symptoms.
What if I need surgery?
In some cases of knee oa, the meniscus (shock absorber of the knee) may be involved. In the past, surgery to repair or remove parts or all of this cartilage was common. Current research, however, has shown in a group of patients who were deemed surgical candidates, 60-70% of those who participated in a physical therapy program, instead of surgery, did not go on to have surgery. Further, after 1 year those outcomes were unchanged. This study suggests that physical therapy may be an effective alternative for those patients who would like to avoid surgery.
I am suffering from back bone pain so I can't sleep well so what is the treatment to take for curing it what is the best medicine for it.
Not able to see towards my right side. And also not able to twist my neck. Its somehow locked from one side. Its painful while turning my neck. This problem raised when I woke up in the morning. Day is almost FINISHED but no rest. What should I do. Please give me home remedies.
My mom has shoulder neck and back pain from few years but it's getting worst. Now her half right side body is in pain.
I am 22 year's old male I have body pain from last 2 months please give me a suggestion what can I do.
My upper back muscles pains after having sleep of 4-5 hours having this pain is from long, what could be done? M 27 and doing regular workout, my job needs me to sit on chair for hours.
I am kshitiz ,iam 18 years old and I am suffering from a severe pain in my leg ,its happening since 4 days I do not know what to do, please help me .its my humble request thank you.
I gave details of the medicines I am taking. They are: brillinta, ecosporin, roseday and aldectone. I am observing that both of my nipples are giving pain. Why may have this started? please educate me and tell what may I do now?
I am gutting legs pain at night I was unable to control the pain. It was being upto 3 to 4 am. So please give me precautions.
Osteoarthritis is a common disorder that affects the joints in the body. It is characterized by wear and tear of the cartilage present in the bones which lead to pain and mobility issues. The disorder mostly affects the joints in the hips, spine, knees and the hands. This disorder can’t be cured; the symptoms, however, can be managed.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis are progressive in nature and tend to worsen with time. You will experience pain in the affected joint, leading to limited mobility. Joint stiffness occurs when you wake up in the morning or when you have been inactive for a long period. You will also experience a grating-like sensation when the respective joint is being used.
This condition occurs when the protective cartilage around the bones tend to deteriorate. The function of the cartilage is to allow the joints to move without friction. In this disorder, the surface of the affected cartilage turns rough, ultimately resulting in complete damage. This leads to loss of the protective cushion of the bone, making the bone rub on other bones. There are certain factors that make you prone to osteoarthritis, some of them are:
Aging increases the risks of this disorder.
Women are more prone to this disorder as compared to men.
Obesity puts added stress on the joints.
It might be hereditary as well.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that balances the different energies in the body to keep you healthy. Ayurveda believes in the fact that a disorder in the body occurs when there is an imbalance in the respective doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The idea is to get the doshas in order in order to get relief from the symptoms of this disorder. Osteoarthritis, or for that matter any disorder occurs due to the imbalance of the ‘Vata dosha’. The Ayurvedic treatments for this condition is Pachkarma therapy.
Panchakarma is the elimination of doshas from the body. It is one of the peculiarities of Ayurveda. Since according to Ayurveda, disease is the result of imbalance of doshas, when the increase of dosha is in a large quantity the best way to get cured faster is expelling the doshas out. These procedures (Karmas) are five (Pancha) and hence they are described as Panchakarma i.e. five procedures. These are to be performed not only by the patient for getting them cured but even by healthy persons for maintaining the health.
- Vamana: This is the elimination of doshas by the process of emesis. This is particularly useful for diseases arising from kapha and also from pitta. Diseases like chr. bronchitis, asthma, skin diseases, allergies, herpes, diabetes, sinusitis, osteoarthritis, hyperacidity are best dealt with this procedure. The best season for doing this procedure is ‘ Spring’ or even ‘Autumn’.
- Virechana: In this procedure, loose motions are produced to eliminate the doshas. This is very useful in diseases caused by pitta dosha e.g. Hyperacidity, herpes, gulma (Type of tumor) jaundice, osteoarthritis, anemia, skin diseases etc. The best season for this procedure is ‘autumn’.
- Basti: The procedure is important for the Vata dosha mainly, but can be used for Kapha and pitta and for all sorts of diseases also. In this procedure enema with herbal decoction, oil, honey and salt is given. Since it has a direct action over the large intestine, which is the main site of Vata dosha, it acts instantaneously. The procedure is especially useful for all kinds of diseases caused by Vata Dosha e.g. back ache, arthritis, osteoarthritis, dystrophies, multiple scherosis, muscle waisting etc. The best season for this procedure is the rainy season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.