Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. J.Sivabalan

Urologist, Chennai

Dr. J.Sivabalan Urologist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. J.Sivabalan
Dr. J.Sivabalan is a renowned Urologist in Tambaram West, Chennai. You can visit him/her at Dr. J.Sivabalan@Bethesda Hospital & Child Care Centre in Tambaram West, Chennai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. J.Sivabalan on has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 27 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Bethesda Hospital & Child Care Centre

#31, I.O.B. Colony, Bharathi Nagar, Velachery Road, Selaiyur, Camp Road . Landmark : Near To J.B. Raja Stores.Chennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. J.Sivabalan

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

What could be the possible reason for a small guilty like boil near the anus.I am a 35 years old. Female.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear , You are likely to have 1. Perianal haematoma, 2. Perianal abscess or sentinel pile called external pile. In any case these conditions are due to constipation and passage of hard faeces so avoid constipation. If it is painful takes a throbbing character then you would need antibiotics and if pain becomes severe enough to disturb sleep it would need sugar in form of crainage. Dr. Kiran Mehta.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor, I am 25 years old, I have a serious problem and I am afraid to visit a doctor. I used to get urine only as drops and it take lot of time to urine and its pains a lot too, Please tell me what should i do?

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
Homoeopathic treatment- apis mel 30 -4 pills 3 times nat phos 6x 4 pills 3 times and revert back for complete cure.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

She is 38 years of age. She get burning sensation in vagina when urinating. She drinks a lot of water approx 6-7 ltr everyday still it happens. Her urine is yellow whenever this burning happens.?

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear yes it is very likely that when urine yellow she gets burning. Yellow urine show scarcity od water in the body so she has to drink more. At the same time make sure she is not constipated with anal fissure because it can give same symptoms.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Loss of memory benign, enlarged prostate resulting in loss of control over urine, frustration, irritating and abusive language, irrational thoughts, suicidal thoughts etc.

BHMS, MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Vijayawada
Hi Lybrate user, You need to take Homeopathic remedy Anacardium 200,6 pills two times a Day for five days and consult me after 10 days for further review and treatment. All the best.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My urine is yellow nd I am experiencing itchiness in body. I bath daily twice then also itchiness is there what should I do?

Bsc(Med.), DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Mohali
Take 8 to 10 glasses of water. You can apply mild moisturiser after the bath and if the skin is oily then mild talc may help after bath. This will relieve itching. If loss of appetite with yellow urine then get your urine test done for bile salts and bile pigments. Blood test for s.bilirubin is required.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm get urine very frequently and have burning on it. Please let me know what to do.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hi, dear lybrate user, * take, plenty of water to eliminate toxins, to dilute your blood & accelerate metabolic action, as well. * go for usg of whole abdomen to evaluate the pro static, condition. * take, easily digestible diet, to avoid, gastric disorder, some times it may cause burning in urine& sole. *homo e-medicine*. @ can notharis 30-6 pills, twice a day=7 days @ berb vulgq-10 drops, thrice with little water. Report, wkly, take, care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from discharging urine in every 15-20 mins even when I don't drink water. Am I suffering from diabetes or any other cause behind this? I am a 23 years old bachelor.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. To know whether you have diabetes or not or is there any other problem with urinary tract, some tests have to be done like blood glucose levels, HbA1c%, and urine analysis. After you these tests then only things will be clear. Frequency of urine increases in uncontrolled diabetes where a lot of glucose is lost in the urine causing excess urination. Even in urinary tract infection frequency can increase. So please do these tests and give the details. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a urinary problem. There are certain drops left even after I finish urinating. Is this a serious matter?

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, as you are pretty young guy, the possibility of low pressure or residual urine can be the cause. To rule out other possibilities, get your urine tested and an ultrasound done. Also, practice pelvic floor exercise or kegel exercise, consists of repeatedly contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir , I am 62 years mail , suffering from frequent urine passing 3 times during night and also suffering from insomnia . Pl advise .

pg general medicene
Ayurveda, Hyderabad
Dear Maruthi sir Do Pranayama meditation regularly and take following Chandra prabha vati 2tabs morning and evening with water Manasa mithra vati 2tabs morning and evening twice daily Take Luke warm milk at bed time.Review after one month
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I hv fever in 3, 4 years wht is reason my fever. All hospital check up my fever bt dosent any clear reason please define me. N my urine is burning n painful.

Homeopath, Thane
Hi, Sometimes reason behind fever cannot be diagonosed by blood investigations.It also requires proper case taking.So please give your symptoms in details .So that we can give you treatment accordingly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the remedy if the prostate glans got enlarged and galbladder stone of 20mm in urine bladder?

MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Delhi
Treatment of prostatic enlargement depends upon the severity of disease. In initial stages medication is prescribed but in significant enlargement or in case of medication failure, surgical removal of prostate is done. The second part of your question is misleading as gall stone and urinary bladder stone are two different entities. How ever for gall stone of any size, and urinary bladder stone of > 10 mm, surgery is the treatment of choice.

I am having bleeding from rectum for 5 days associated with pain while defecation, I normally have constipation, I have had this complaint for 6 months on and off and have been treated for hemorrhoids in the past. I need to know the exact diagnosis and it's further management?

M.S, General Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.), Medicine, Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellowship in Laparoscopic and Robotic Onco-Surgery
General Surgeon, Chennai
Increase fibre in your diet, take isabgol powder 1-2tbs in water and milk every night and it will improve your constipation which is the primary cause of the problem you are facing.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from kidney stone since a year. Can you suggest permanent treatment?

Dear lybrate user, a kidney stone is mainly formed due to the accumulation of the minerals present in urine. Such accumulation occurs mainly due to low intake of fluids. Continuous low fluid intake results in the deposits of the minerals over the stone & eventually leads to an increase in the size of the stone. Formation of stone leads to pain along the kidney region. If the size of the kidney stone is below 3mm then it is possible to get rid of it without any surgery. Take homoeopathic mother tincture berberis vulgaris q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals, in a cup of water for 15 days. The stone will be expelled through urine in between the span of 15 days of medication. But if the size of the stone is more than 3mm then you should surely go for surgery.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Does operation are required for kidney stone? Or else it can be resolve by normal intake of medicine.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Faridabad
Tips for removing kidney stones: 1. Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, cold drinks, pickles, fish, poultry, meat, spinach, and chocolate. 2. Avoid sour, heavy, and dry food. 3. Increase intake of liquids like water, juice, soup, lime water lemon soda etc. 4. Be sure to drink enough water each day. Usually 1 to 2 liters of water per day is adequate. 5. Drink more if you are perspiring heavily, working outdoors, the weather is hot, etc. 6. Increase the use of barley, horse gram (a type of bean), ginger, and brown rice or parboiled rice. 7. Avoid suppressing urges to urinate and defecate. 9. Boil 10-12 basil leaves in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in it and take twice a day. Dear operation or medication depends upon size, number, and location of stones. Pls send your usg report.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years old having left kidney shrinked to 4 cm and right kidney started shrinking. I met with an accident in 2008 with compound fracture in my right arm operated thrice in 2 years, taken antibiotics and pain killers in this 2 years duration. Now I want to know is there any medicine in allopathic or ayurveda or homeopath to cure my kidney.

Ex Sen.V.Surgeon/Research Scientist, M.D.(Alternative Medicine/tibetan/chinese/acupuncture), Vaida/ Unani, Homeopath
Unani Specialist, Moga
Hi dear -i want your reports in original before my final opinion -u should upload reports inbox for clarity -i hope the 2nd kidney can be saved, if you follow my advice -do not delay the things.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Can please anyone suggest that what food must we eat if we are having prostate cysts. Is fast food and eggs good for us or has some danger. Kindly suggest.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
ENT Specialist, Solapur
Hello, Fast food mainly contains different kind of oils and spices which may affect your digestion. You may get feeling of uneasiness in your stomach. Eggs are good for your health but if your doctor has suggested to avoid eggs then you go for other protein sources. Ask your doctor what alternate food can be consumed.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the medicine for urinary tract infection for males do when to take it. Main symptom is frequent urge for urination and unable to control it.

Nephrologist, Kolkata
U r probably having prostatic enlargement which s very common in your age. So you need to do an usg kub n urine r/e, m/e. Review with reports. For medicines in the meantime consult me privately as I cannot prescribe medicines in an open forum as its unethical. Thanks stay healthy stay happy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

As I asked about my son suffering from nephritic syndrome he is 5 years old this is third time attack since last two years. Treatment in going on from PGI Chandigarh I want to ask you can we take second opinion from other .

MD - Paediatrics, MBBS, FISPN & FISPN - Pediatric Nephrology
Pediatrician, Delhi
For the nephrotic syndrome at this age requires careful treatment with corticosteroids and other drugs as necessary. Visit a pediatric nephrologist not pediatrician and not an adult nephrologist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed