Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.Selvakumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.SelvakumarYour feedback matters!
My weight is increasing so fast, I am not eating oily foods. I have got thyroid test done no issues in that. Can someone help me to rectify the reason behind my fatness.
If you are diabetic then it is important that you consult a ophthalmologist for regular check-ups. Diabetes is known to be one of main causes for blindness across all age groups. If you suffer from bouts of blurred vision then it is not likely due to a long term vision problem. It is temporary and usually occurs due to fluctuating blood sugar levels in the body.
How diabetes affects your eyes?
The lens of your eyes can swell if you are a diabetic, and this can impair your ability to see causing blurry vision. In order to rectify this problem, it is important for you to get your blood sugar levels under optimal levels. This entire procedure of reducing blood sugar levels may take three months or more.
Eye problems that are caused by diabetes
The major eye problems that can occur due to diabetes are
- Cataract: Cataract occurs when the lens of your eyes become foggy or cloudy. Although cataract mostly occurs to people who are middle aged or above sixty, you can get affected by this disorder at an earlier age if you are diabetic. Also, the deterioration or clouding of the lens progresses at a much faster rate than usual. Cataracts lead to an inability to focus as the retina is covered by cloudy layer.
- Glaucoma: This is another disorder that can occur due to diabetes. This is characterized by the buildup of pressure in the eye due to the fluids within it not draining properly. This intense pressure damages the nerves and blood vessels in the eyes, thus impairing your ability to see.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Diabetic retinopathy is a disorder characterized by damage to the vessels in the retina that carry blood. It can occur if you have either of the type 2 or type 1 diabetes. If not treated in time it can lead to blindness.
If you have a history of diabetes or even borderline diabetic tendencies, it is highly advisable to constantly check your blood sugar levels and also get your eye checked at regular intervals, especially if you feel even the minutest vision problems.
Plasma glucose fasting - 244 mg/DL Plasma glucose 2 hr after meal- 312 mg/Dl I am sugar patient. I want a diet chart what I eat.
I got injured 45 days ago. Sores are present till now. Applied Betadine. Took 250 mg azithromycin two times daily. For last 20 days. No dryness till now. Sugar levels is 85 random. Please suggest good antibiotic.
I am 50 years old (male). I am a diabetic patient since last 4 yrs. I am taking diabetic medicine but those are having side effect like gas formation in the stomach. Are there medicines which have no side effects? Some one suggested me to take opium very negligible quantity (Quantity as much as one mustard seed) before going to bed at night with small quantity of normal water. Is it wise to obey?
Hi doctor, I'm 25 year old male. 5" 11 height, 90kg weight, not married, from 1 week I'm eating full sweets in relatives homes from that time I'm getting full hungry at noon times my body is shivering I'm unable to control. If I do a small work also I'm getting full sweat, my heart beat also running fast I can sense when I touch my heart area. I think this is diabetics problem, So can I know the reason pls? Is it possible to get in early ages? My parents also diabetic. What type of doctor, tests I need to take to find all these problems?
Hypothyroidism refers to the lack of thyroid hormones in your body. Hypothyroidism is caused when the thyroid gland of your body is unable to produce the thyroid hormones like T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine). Hypothyroidism can occur due to the inflammation of the thyroid gland or as a result of previous thyroid treatments, where a major portion of the thyroid producing cells has been removed. Hypothyroidism is more common in women. But, it can develop in any person irrespective of age or sex.
The symptoms of hypothyroidism are as follows:
- Increased feeling of cold
- Dryness of skin
- Increased blood cholesterol level
- Your muscles may be become weak and you may suffer from muscle pain
- Disruption in menstrual cycle.
Though these are the common symptoms, but it may vary from person to person. Hypothyroidism is a very common problem and homeopathy offers a very safe, painless and effective treatment for hypothyroidism.
The following are few of the homeopathic remedies for hyperthyroidism:
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is advised to people suffering from obesity and increased sensitiveness to cold temperature.
- Sepia Officinalis: This medicine is suggested to people suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and increased sensitivity to cold.
- Nux Vomica: Nux vomica is prescribed when the patient shows symptom of depression.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: This medicine is given to people having gastric troubles or encountering excessive hair fall.
Along with these, there are various other medicines such as Iodium, thyroidinum, spongia, lycopus and lapis albus. But it is highly recommended for you to visit a homeopathic physician to receive correct advice before taking any medication by yourself.