Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. J.PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
I am 23 yr old and I am suffering with tb lymph node result in fnac test shows tb cold abscess and afb culture -ve in left side below my ear currently I had surgery and got removed the node but I feel that pus is still getting accumulated inside. Previously I had pleural effusion and taken drugs mahaflox 400 and prd tablets but after 6 months of these medication a lymph node formed. I did xray of chest it shows no pleural fluid after 6 months of mahaflox medication. Currently its been 6months of pleural medication+ 2months forecox medication but I donot what medication is perfect for cure and how can I cure pus formation and was surgery necessary.
I am suffering from wet night since past 16 years now I turn to 30. Due to this a fine fluid comes from penis when ever gets erection that makes me very upset because my inner garments becomes spoil every time also my glands are hanging and gentile area seems to be weak . Moreover I ejaculates quickly during physical intimation . Please advice as my memory is also very weak I can not remember even the person whom I met in the morning .
I am not able to have sex. Penis does not get hard enough for insertion. What are the medicines that can help?
He is 4mths. Has pooped today 6 times. Mostly almost along with feeding. He is almost entirely on BF. He was earlier taking top feed also the motions are small in volume, odourless, watery and seedy. It isn't quite creamy or pasty as it generally is. Anything that should worry me?
I am an insulin dependent diabetic. My blood report reveals high LDL and Low HDL levels, though the overall reading is within range of 200. My diabetologist has Prescribed Atorvastatin 5 mg. When I take that I feel a lot of discomfort. Get constipation ,back pain and less urine outflow. Are these the side effects of this drug? Is there any other safw drug without any side effects? Vijayan N G Aiyar 91 7829000974.
Tell me the solution for cold I am facing this problem from last one year please give the solution for this thing.
Sir I am feeling so much thrust during night time and I have to go to urine frequently at least once in a 15 min. Its disturbing my sleep. What is d reason for this. What will be the cure.
He is aged 53. He is cold for almost 4 years, it is not stopping. We had consulted many doctors. What can we do, which doctor. Suggest me.
I have epilepsy and had been taking oxetol 450 mg from past 2 yrs. But only seizure has vanished but I still speak in sleep. How to avoid that. Talking in sleep.
I am too slim, even I don't work too much. Also I eat balanced diet. But I don't exercise daily. Stamina is good.
Hello doctor. I am 20 years old I have type 1 diabetes and last month I had unprotected vaginal sex with a prostitute and then after 2 weeks I got scabies and they were cured in 2 weeks now I am having fungal infections and oral thrush, a sore throat and a painless swollen lymph node under my right jaw does it mean I have hiv?
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination.