Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.Kalai Selvi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.Kalai SelviYour feedback matters!
Arnica alone will change your life! It is a fabulous homeopathic remedy for physical trauma (from accidents to childbirth), shock, bruising, exhaustion, jet lag and much more.
Calendula ointment or cream is Nature’s finest antiseptic. Available in most health food stores, made from marigolds, it promotes rapid healing and prevents wounds from turning septic.
Have a great week
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area). A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Skipped meals
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Poor posture
How to deal with headache:
- Find your Triggers: Find and limit your triggers like certain food types as well as stress and certain seasonal changes. Stepping out in the summer with an umbrella and avoiding caffeine or too much of chocolate and cheese can also help in alleviating the pain. Stress is also a major factor that contributes to headaches and should be avoided in order to prevent or stop the pain.
- A Soothing Break: Find a quiet place with dim lighting to take a break that should ideally last at least half an hour to one hour, or even more. This will help in diminishing and removing the pain. You can also use a cold compress and get yourself a massage.
- Take an Over the Counter Drug: Taking an over the counter drug for instant pain relief can stop the pain and give temporary or long term relief, depending on the kind of headache you are experiencing. It is advisable to speak with a doctor before taking any kind of drug.
I got married one and half years ago. Now we are planning for a baby but even after 4 to 5 times intercourse without any precautions last month my wife got period this month also. What should we do. Kindly suggest.
Hi, I am a 21 year old female. I have a regular period cycle till last month. My last menstrual cycle was on 23rd september (first day). I had a physical relationship with my husband on 9 th October. Now I have skipped my period and it is 6 days late. I have all symptoms of my menstruation but I don't bleed yet. I took a home pregnancy test which showed a very faint line. This is the very first time I have skipped my periods. We are not planned for a baby yet. My husband is very sure that he did not release sperm inside. He just pulled off at that moment. Please guide me.
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.