Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.Kalai Selvi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.Kalai SelviYour feedback matters!
Hi My wife got her periods on 25th July and on 6th August we had unprotected sex followed by an ipill, which she had in 4 hours after the act. On 7th august we had protected sex 3 times with new condoms for each act and after each act she washed herself with water. 13th Aug she had bleeding like her periods but less flow (60% bleeding, considering 100%bleeding during her normal periods), no pain, with very few clots (1-3 clots instead of 8-9) and it was there for 3 days almost (on and off). Her periods were due on 25th Aug (she has irregular periods sometimes). We did a home pregnancy test that weak with negative result and did the second pregnancy test on 5th Sept again with negative result. We also did UPT in Lab with negative result on 14th Sept. She has no symptoms of pregnancy. Its 16th Sept she has not got her periods yet. Is she pregnant??
Lack of guidance on such deep subjects can lead to an addiction which can take a physical toll on the patient in the form sexual weakness. The person suffering from this condition will harbour unrealistic expectations of one's body. This is especially true for people who do not indulge in sex with a partner, in a normal manner. It can also occur due to heightened sexual activity and stimulation by watching too much of pornography or adult movies.
So how can a patient cope with sexual weakness? Following are a few tips:
- Psychological Conditioning: A person suffering from sexual weakness is in need of proper psychological therapy that will aim at unravelling any kind of deep rooted fear and anxiety that may be caused by trauma or shame inducing incidents. The therapy will aim at changing the mindset of the patient with a series of sessions where cognitive behavioural therapy will be practiced. This therapy will aim at helping the patient overcome addiction so that he or she can explore a normal sexual relationship with one partner. Also, the psychologist or psychiatrist will aim at reducing the anxiety and fatigue that the patient will most likely be feeling due to excessive sexual weakness.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe medicines that will repair the damage caused due to excessive masturbation. This medication will also help in preventing any further complications that may come about due to the damage. Penile dysfunction, adrenal issues, prostate problems and others will be fixed with the help of proper medicines. The doctors may also prescribe medication to increase the sperm count and other supplements that give strength and vitality during normal intercourse.
- Breathing Exercises: The patient may also be asked to practice regular breathing exercises so as to avoid the harmful effects of sexual weakness like premature ejaculation. The patient may also need to make lifestyle changes in order to gain some weight to cope with the excessive energy that has been spent which may also have led to weight loss.
- Medical Problems: The doctor can also conduct various lab tests and X-rays in order to find out if there are any thyroid disorders or heart disease in the body of the patient. Accordingly, a method of treatment will be put forth. Also, the doctor can prescribe medication for patients who have experienced any hormonal imbalances due to this problem.
Ensuring that a patient manages to overcome sexual weakness is a matter of adhering to a healthy diet and lifestyle where one maintains one sexual partner at a time and enjoys sex in moderation. Other hobbies can distract the mind from constant sexual activity.
There is a well defined Complex cystic lesion appearing hyperintense on t1w and t2 w images with fluid fluid levels with its Matrix at the left adnexal region measuring about 4.7 CM AP * 5.6 CM ML* 4.2 CM cc. There are a few incomplete septation within the matrix of this lesion. Suggestion for a few small follicles like structures are seen at the anterior aspect of this lesion. This is an impression on my MRI pelvis please help me what it means.
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
Planning a baby 1
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.