Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.AparnaYour feedback matters!
During periods I have so much pain in lower abdominal and back pain unable me to do my daily work out so suggest me how can I get relieve in these days?
Hi, I am got married 3 months ago. Now, today my wife's monthly periods are 10 days late (yet not came. We can want any child now. What may be the reason of this irregularity PREGNANCY OR ANY THING ELSE. Kindly suggest what should we do ASAP. Regards, Ashok.
Hello doctor. My vaginal outer lip got swollen hard. Earlier it was itching nd after that it got hard nd large provide outwards. I am worried please suggest the cure. I am unable to walk properly.
I want to get pregnant for last 1 year but still not getting pregnant. I have done different test and found that my FSH is 6.1 and LH 3.6 and doctor suggested it is due to this imbalance and suggested to do regular exercise. Please suggest.
Hello doctor, I have swelling in uterus problem last five days I am 32 year old married woman what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hello doc, we are planning for a baby. I am having hypothyroid taking 62mg tab daily my tsh is 3.4. So is my thyroid level or hypothyroid affects me for Me to conceive. My weight is 61kg. please suggest.
Hi, last month I had miscarriage due to excess heat in my body. Let me know what food I have to take and what to avoid. I am 28 now desperately trying to conceive.
I think that I am pregnant as initial test shows 2 lines. What should I do next in terms of taking precautions, checkup etc?
I and she do hard sex a night very beautifully . I crack his sex organ more and do sex high there is pain in his sex organ give medicine.Please tell.
I had sex with my boy friend 3 days ago and I don't want to get pregnancy how can I avoid suggest me the better way.
My wife is going to delivery on next month. Everything is normal as per medical check. Is it normal delivery for her?
I am breastfeeding for my 5 month baby and I am planning to put teeth braces now by extracting teeth. So if I take any pain killer or any medicines will it affect baby?
Good afternoon Till 6 months back my all test reports were normal with a TSH of 1.9 when I was operated for LEFT clavicle surgery 6 months back. Then followed by a lot of prescriptions and medications and xray for my bone healing. My bone is almost 50-60% healed till now as per my ortho surgeon. Now at present my TSH 3rd generation is 0.017 T3 is 165.53 T4 is 11.40 from which I can see that I have hyperthyroidism now. Weight loss 9 kgs in one month. Can you please explain a little bit regarding the above. I mean how I got this sickness. What all could be the reasons. What treatment I shall follow. And if the disease is fully curable or I have to stay with this medication for long or lifetime?
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen, which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too.
Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps. Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps in releasing endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note: If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions and any sort of medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynaecologist.