Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.AparnaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 and staying in hostel. I have a severe dandruff problem and hair fall too. And a delayed periods. Could it be bcos of this. I need some solution:-s.
Every month before or during menstrual cycle I am suffering from headache nd vomiting. How can I get rid of this? Why it is happening to me?
5 dietary precautions to take during pregnancy
1. Avoid food cooked outside home.
2. Focus on foods rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins
3. Eat everything in moderation
4. You do not have to eat for two people. 300 calorie extra and above your diet is required by most from 4th month onwards.
5. Learn about your body, thin women need more calories while obese will have to restrict their diet.
I am 22 years old female. I have chubby cheeks, which I don't like, I have tried so many exercises, but all those didn't work, please help me for this. Please.
While having sex with my wife at the end she getting something in white color and getting itching in her private area why.
Hi. I have been treated for ovarian cancer1a. Uterus have removed. If I go 4getting married. Wll there b any physiological. hormonal,imbalance that will effect in getting married?
Sir, I have a problem in doing sex, whenever I am doing sex then there is quick fall within 20 to 30 second. Is that the reason for my wife can't get pregnant? Please suggest me, actually I am married since 04 year's but still there is no result of baby.
Yesterday I had a unprotected oral sex for 2 to 3 min with unknown person. I do not know any thing about that person. I am bit worried as I have gone through number of websites where as it say there are very low risk. please help.
Hello Dr, i am 23 yrs old female I am 4 months pregnant, and I want to do abortion because my husband expired, so I cant manage with this baby And I intake 3 misoprostol-200 tablet, but still their is no reaction, please help me for safe abortion.
Hi Today I had a sex with my girlfriend after completing of 4 days menstruation cycle and next day we had sex. So is there any possibility of pregnancy? Wht is best period to avoid pregnancy? Kindly revert back.
Too tensed need gynecologists help. Sir / Mam I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27th August. After 6 hours she took ipill (ecp) .After 4 days I.e On 1st September she started bleeding and she bleed for 4 days. Then after 21 days of Intercourse, we did 4 home urine pregnancy test which were on 18 September, 25th September ,2 October and on 9th October. All the test came NEGATIVE. We even did bHCG test on 18th October. The result was <1.2 miU/ml. On 23rd October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. My question is that can we rule out pregnancy now?
Jamun is one of the most beneficial fruit for human health. It is also known by the name of black plum and is a summer fruit which is popular in every household. It belongs to the Myrtaceae family. The ancient system of medicine, Ayurveda, celebrates the fruit of Jamun for the several benefits it offers, and a few are mentioned below:
- Beneficial for diabetic patients: Ayurveda recommends the diabetic patients to consume jamun. Research has proven that jamun has a lot of potential to e used in making drugs that would be a safer option. Another research has shown that a 30% decrease can be seen in the levels of blood sugar when jamun is consumed daily. Secondary complications that are known to occur because of diabetes are also reduced with the consumption of jamun. Excess thirst and frequent urination are also kept under control with jamun. Madhumehantak Churna is consumed by many diabetic patients which is an Ayurvedic product of jamun.
- Good for immune system and improving bone strength: Some healthy nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium, and Vitamin C are present in high amounts in jamun. Because of the presence of these nutrients, it enhances the functioning of the immune system and strengthens your bones. Jamun is widely used in Ayurveda to relieve stress.
- Keeps you safe from heart diseases: Anthocyanidins, elegiac acid and anthocyanins are the compounds that are present in jamun. These compounds are well-known for their anti-inflammatory effect. Apart from that, they are also very good anti-oxidants. Thus, jamun helps in preventing cholesterol oxidation and formation of plaque that can increase your heart risks. Besides the benefits that are already mentioned, jamun is a rich source of potassium. We all know that potassium prevents hypertension and hypertension is a significant risk factor for those who are prone to heart diseases. It is said that in each 100g serving of jamun, the amount of potassium present is 55g.
- Useful in treating infections: The jamun fruit is not the only thing that is utilitarian. The other parts of the plant, that is, its seed, barks, and leaves, have their own health benefits too. One of those health benefits is treating infections. All these parts have the capability of treating infections. Compounds like malic acid, tannins, oxalic acid and gallic acid are present in jamun. These compounds are responsible for the antibacterial, gastroprotective and antimalarial properties of the plant.
- Aids in digestion and improves oral health: Since the ancient times, the jamun leaves have been used in Ayurveda and are known to be atisara that are known to prevent diarrhea. It is very useful against Krimi, that is, worm infestation. They are considered to be very helpful in treating gastric disorders like dysentery, diarrhea, indigestion and dyspepsia. They are also helpful for the gums and keep the teeth in good condition because of their anti-bacterial properties. Thus, jamun is a useful pachani.
- Other uses: Ayurvedic medicine using Jamun as an ingredient helps in combating menstrual disorders. Also, Ayurveda uses this fruit in many of its medicines to increase haemoglobin content. Also, Ayurveda suggests using the dried powder on the facial skin to increase the fairness and improve the skin texture.
With loads of health benefits, Jamun is considered to be one of the effective ingredients in many of the Ayurvedic medicines. Hence, consider consuming Jamuns every day to improve your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The diabetic eye is considered to be the leading cause of the blindness among the working age. It is usually caused by the change in the blood vessels on the retina of the eye. Retina is that layer of the eye which is light sensitive. In case of diabetic macular oedema, the blood vessels cause the fluid to leak into the retina.
How does diabetic macular oedema cause vision loss:
The loss of vision only occurs when the fluid reaches the macula. Macula is the center of the retina which is responsible for a sharp vision. When the fluid reaches the macula it builds up and causes inflammation. Initially this is not noticed but with time the diabetic macular oedema causes a change in the vision making it more blurred. A healthy macula is very essential for a good vision.
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- About 0ne in three people with diabetes develop macular oedema
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling