Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.Aparna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.AparnaYour feedback matters!
When does I mean at what stage of day does ovulation occurs. Because I am planning for a baby. please kindly advice me doctor asap?
I had sex on 2nd April, got my periods on 16th. Took 6 pregnancy test, all negative, again had my periods on 8th May, but I feel nausea and my stomach is beating, am I pregnant?
It's that time of the year where extra calories lurk every corner. Christmas cakes, cookies and then New Year's party. These should not be taken as liberty to gain an extra pound or two during holidays because according to researchers at national institute of health, it is very difficult to lose weight gained in winters. However it is still possible to enjoy your holiday goodies without gaining extra pounds. Some of the tips are as follows:
1. Control your portion sizes. Take a small portion of all the things you like and spread these out amongst meals and/or days.
2. Never arrive hungry at a party. Try to have a nutritious snack (like roasted chana, fruits, handful of dry fruits, milk) beforehand. If you arrive hungry, drink some water to fill up before filling your plate.
3. Divert your attention. Don't look at party as just a food event. Enjoy your friends' company or dancing or focus on something other than food.
4. Pace yourself. Do not try to finish your food in first half hour of party, it makes you chew faster. Munch leisurely put your fork down after every bite.
5. Drinking alcohol packs a triple punch when it comes to interfering with weight loss. Besides having empty calories, some research has shown that alcohol stimulates appetite and lowers inhibition so you’re more likely to eat fried, fatty, salty foods. Try to avoid alcohol at parties if you can, or, if you know you are going to have a drink or two, not to do it on an empty stomach. Skipping meals throughout the day to save yourself calories for drinking usually backfires and leads to overeating, so pre-plan the number of drinks you’ll have and deduct those calories from your daily total.
6. Don't wait until after the holidays to start exercising. Everyone can find 30 minutes to sneak in a workout.
Whether you have a headache due to cold, stress or lack of sleep, here are some remedies to help you deal with a headache:
Take a nap: sleeping for a short while help to reduce headaches. However take care not to oversleep as it can aggravate the headache. A nap of 15-30 minutes is sufficient.
Practice breathing exercises: take slow deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. This helps to ease out the discomfort caused due to the headache.
Head massage: massages are known to be effective in curing headaches. Gently massage your temples with your fingers in a circular motion. Also, gently tap your fingers on your forehead.
Aromatherapy: sniffing some aromatic oils can not only reduce headache but also uplift your mood. Essential oils of lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla are beneficial in soothing your stress away.
Urinary tract infection is a type of infection that occurs in the urinary tract of the body. This disorder tends to occur more in women than men as the length of the urethra is shorter in women, thus increasing chances of this infection. The most common cause of urinary tract infections is the E. Coli bacteria, especially in the lower part of the urinary tract consisting of the urethra and the bladder.
Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach to urinary tract infections, the remedies aim to treat the underlying causes of the infection. The treatments are free from any side effect and have a beneficial impact on your overall wellbeing. Before prescribing a remedy, the practitioner diagnoses by asking about your medical history, work habits and your mental health. Based on a thorough diagnosis, remedies will be prescribed.
Some of these homeopathic remedies to treat UTIs include:
- Apis: Apis is recommended if you have symptoms such as experiencing a burning feeling after urination and less urine. You may have swelling around the eyes and also may not experience much thirst. The condition tends to worsen in hot weather conditions.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is recommended if you experience constant urges to urinate; however, the amount of urine may be very low. Apart from this, you might also experience intense pain while urinating along with traces of blood in the urine. Back pain is another complication that occurs along with the above mentioned symptoms.
- Sarsaparilla: This remedy is recommended when you experience pain in the lower abdomen and the back. Your urine may also contain blood and sediments.
- Benzoic acid: In case your urine has a strong odor, benzoic acid may be the recommended remedy. It is also used to treat pain in the urethra which flares up when you are not urinating.
- Staphysagria: This remedy is used when UTIs develop as a result of any sexual activity. You may experience a constant urge to urinate and feel pressure in the bladder. Prostatic enlargements which cause infections in the urinary tract can also be treated using this remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
I am 30 years old. Its been 1 year of our marriage. Now we are planning to have baby but I do not feel to have sex. I never feel aroused. My husband do foreplay and insert finger as well to arouse but I fail to do so. Please help.
5 diet and fitness tips for busy people
Vigorous exercise is important. However, if your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to hit the gym, you can try integrating some activity in the course of the day for increasing your productivity and staying fit.
- Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
- Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
- Take short breaks and step away from workstation.
- Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
- Eat healthy and on time
Foods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
- Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fibre, and keep you feeling full.
- Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
- To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
- Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash, while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
- Sleep is important
Finding it difficult to get a good night’s sleep? sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
To get a restful sleep:
- Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
- Avoid watching tv or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
- Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.
- Focus on deep breathing
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it any time, at home, workplace or even on the road.
- Watch your posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture: