Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. IyyaduraiYour feedback matters!
I suffer from insomnia. At night I don't enjoy sound sleep. Strangely,I don't have problem in sleep during daytime. Please advise me how to combat this problem. I'm 60.
I'm suffering migraine head ache simultaneously, I feeling sleepy every day, I'm looking weak also. Doctor says take food regularly tension free, why this head ache occurs how can I take precautions? What can I do? How can goes strong looking great ?plz help me.
I have been suffering from sleep disorder for the past few years. Without the support of sleeping tablet or a couple of alcoholic drink I will not be able to sleep. If I don't take either of this it will take a very long time to fall asleep and that too will be a very disturbed sleep. Please give me some advice to overcome this.
My left hand from shoulder to till fingers getting Numbness randomly in a day since form last one month
I am 68 year old. Since last six months I am feeling numbness in my left foot. Though I was diagnosed diabetic 5 years ago when I was operated for bypass surgery for my heart. But I took no medicine for diabetes as well as for heart as I feel myself perfect healthy except for the above mentioned condition.
My question is im a migraine patient from 4years now my doctor told to eat inderal 40mg and sileim10 mg tell me some medicine name for not thinking I think a lot I forgot to say may doctor can somebody help me plz.
My sister in law is 25 yrs old. She was suffered from panic attack last from 4 days. She has symptoms like racing heartbeat, Shortness of breath, Sweating, Shaking, Changes in mental state including fleeing of detachment. Numbness in the hand or feet. Tightness. Fear that you might die. Please help.
My head is paining from last three days. Doc says I have problem ogmf migraine. He told me to take combo flame tablet. Will it work. Or should I consult another doctor.
I am suffering from type 1 tri gveminal neuralgia since 6 months I have been taking gabapentin. amitriptyline and now carbamazepine. No tab is wrkng pz suggest sme good doc for permanent cure.
Whether EEG can help in treatment of insomnia? Sometimes reasons for causing insomnia are not clear. Whether there can be any abnormality in brain waves causing insomnia?
Sleep apnea is a sleeping disorder in which you experience frequent breathing pauses while sleeping. In case of some, the pauses may last for just a few seconds, while for others, it may continue for a few minutes. Sleep apnea is generally chronic in nature. There are three types of sleep apnea, namely Central, Obstructive and Complex sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea occurs if the brain fails to transmit signals to the muscles responsible for your breathing functions. Obstructive sleep apnea occurs due to relaxation of your throat muscles. Complex sleep apnea refers to a combined condition of both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
Some of the possible causes of sleep apnea are as follows:
- Blockage of airway during sleep can cause sleep apnea
- Putting on weight can cause obstructive sleep apnea
- In some cases, large tonsil tissues can lead to obstructive sleep apnea in small children
- Intake of certain medicines like Oxycontin or MS Contin can cause central sleep apnea
- Male people are more prone to sleep apnea
- Smoking is also a potent trigger for sleep apnea
- At times, high blood pressure can induce sleep apnea
- Suffering from sinus can also lead to sleep apnea
- Large neck size (more than 16 inches) may cause sleep apnea
In case of some people, sleep apnea might be an inherited condition.
The most common symptoms of sleep apnea are mentioned below:
- Sometimes, obstructive sleep apnea is accompanied by choking or snorting sounds.
- You may encounter breathing trouble while sleeping, leading to a disruption of your sleep.
- Maximum times, sleep apnea is accompanied by snoring.
- Sleep apnea leads to a dry mouth, which can disturb your sleep.
- You may feel dizzy during daytime.
1. Mix a teaspoon of honey in a glass of celery juice and drink it every night before going to bed.
2. Grind some fried cumin (jeera) seeds to a fine powder and mix them with the pulp of a ripe banana. Eat this at night.
3. Add lettuce seeds in boiled water and drink.
4. Mix equal quantities of sesame (til) oil and bottle gourd juice (lauki) and massage this mixture on the scalp every night.
5. Consume salad of raw onions (pyaz) regularly.
6. Eat three cups of curd (dahi) every day.
7. Drink the milk extracted from poppy seeds every day at night after having dinner.
8. Drink a cup of milk with honey every day.
9. Take rose water (gulab jal), add one drop of ghee and rinse the eyes with that water at bed time.
10. Take a glass of warm milk and add some nutmeg (jayfal), cardamom (elaichi) and dried ginger (adrak) to it and consume it.
For more tips and ayurvedic treatment you may consult me anytime.
Wish you a good health.