Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Irfana FathimaYour feedback matters!
I am 16 years old and tell me which is toothpaste best for removal of yellowish on teeth? and also tell me some remedies to remove yellow stains on teeth.
I am 16 years old I have tooth ache from last 5 months I have used many medicines but no use what to do please give me any medicine.
I am age of 21 male. I am getting new teeth at the end of my jaw and it is swellon. And it is painful. What is the reason for it.
I am suffering with irritation and rash on my lips inside mouth and tongue for the past two days. It became too red and I am unable to take food freely which is causing burning sensation. Why this is like this and what should I take now I am aged 49, no sugar and bp problems. Pure vegetarian.
Dentures are prosthetic devices and their purpose is to replace missing teeth. Dentures are basically false teeth, which are supported by the tissues of the oral cavity. Most dentures are removable, while some are permanently fixed. Dentures are widely used by people all over the world, who have missing teeth.
Here are the ways in which dentures can improve a person's life:
- Speaking becomes clearer: Missing teeth make it difficult for a person to speak clearly. Using dentures will fix this problem and you will be able to speak clearly and properly as dentures take place of the natural teeth. It takes some time to get adjusted to dentures and many people practice pronunciation of difficult words in front of the mirror after getting dentures fitted in their mouth.
- You can eat normally again: Missing teeth cause difficulty in eating and you are unable to eat many of your favorite dishes, which require strong teeth. After getting a denture fitted, you can get back to eating all sorts of foods again and biting or chewing won't be difficult anymore. This too takes some time to adjust and in the beginning, you should eat soft foods by cutting them into small pieces. You should abstain from having chewing gums or hard food initially.
- Your self esteem gets improved: Losing teeth makes you look bad and many people feel embarrassed or ashamed because of missing teeth. A denture is a perfect remedy for this. After getting dentures, your teeth will be back and will look and feel natural. There is usually no worry about the dentures falling off or slipping out as they are fitted properly in the gums. You will look good, and the lost confidence will be back.
- You will have improved oral health: Missing teeth cause health problems, such as bone loss in the jaw area. To avoid this from happening, dentures should be used. These teeth implants will replace your old teeth, and bone loss will be prevented.
- You will appear younger: Missing teeth alter the structure of your face. Wrinkles might appear or the face may seem to look collapsed, then dentures can effectively support the structure of your face and make it appear to be more youthful with added fullness.
Dentures improve the quality of a person's life greatly with missing teeth. They should be taken care of properly, cleaned regularly and you should have regular dentist appointments to ensure a proper fit of the denture. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.