Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indumathi SukumarYour feedback matters!
Is it right to tie cloth tightly on stomach after delivery to keep tummy trim it is just a myth, or is there any other solution to keep stomach flat after delivery.
I took scan p and secam e because my periods were late. How many days I have to wait after ending the dose for periods to arrive?
Hi I'm under going depression I'm suffering from pcod and have gained more weight. Kindly help me to become normal Thank you.
I am 26 Years old. Got married last year. I have PCOD problem and my BMI is 36. Will letrozole 2.5 mg starts from D2 to D6 help me to get pregnant. 3 months before I took CCQ50 mg, but failed. Can you pls suggest me.
I have sex with my gf without any protections but I squirt the sperm outside her vagina. Is there any chances of pregnancy?
What are the negative effects of masturbation?is it dangerous for our future life?can erected semen cause disability to do sex?
My wife is pregnant of 4 months can we do sex in this situation is their any harm to baby and my wife.Please tell.
I want to know that what precautions should be taken for being physical with a girl for the very first time (girl and boy both are mature) and what changes does the body faces after being physical for first time.
Please name a medicine helps a woman to hike her desire of sex instantly (within ten to twenty minutes). Dose it harm her. Has it side-effects?
I am 32 years old, my wife is also 32 years of age, I have two children, we don't need more, my wife's last period was on 2 and Jan 2016 and we have unsafe sex on 22 Jan, what are the chances of pregnancy. Tilltoday she has no mc, please help me or advice me any medicines for this. Thanks.
Hi, Is there any harm in doing anal sex with my wife? Can I put my penis into her vagina after anal sex?
I want to ask about sex actually my question if I have a sex with my partner after her period means during her infertile days after 21st day if I have sex without condom and if semen go inside of her vagina can my partner will get pregnant.
I am 27 my husband 28 yrs. From last one yr I had aborted 2 times. 1st pregnency at 7 weeks due to bleeding. 2nd one at 4th mnth due to a birth defect of baby seen in ultrasound. Defect is anencephaly. Now took gap of 6 months after abortion. We are planning for pregnency also I am taking folic acid (mcbm-69. What care I need to take pls help?
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 20th of March and I cummed inside. Her period date was 28th of March but she missed her period. She haven't yet got her period. We took a pregnancy test on 5th April but the result was negative. There are no symptoms of pregnancy except the missed period. Is my girlfriend pregnant.
Hi. Mai 10 months se baby k lye try kr rahi hu. Mera ek miscarriage 31 may 2015 ko hua ha. Ab mera cycle change hogaya ha. Meri samaj me nahi araha ha baby k lye kab try kru. Or konse position thk rehaga baby conceive krne k lye. Agr ye month maine conceive nahi kiya to meri married life me bht prblm hojaegi. Please help me. Mai pehle folic acid tablet leti thi par ab nahi le rahi hu. Qke last scan me follicle size 26 17mm tha mera periods k baad. 8 day k din. Islye maine folic acid chodhdiye. Please position or kab try kru baby k lye. Please bataeye muje. Thanks.
I had an ovary cyst laser operation 2 month ago and after that an injection was given in bump. A big lump was formed after the injection. Noe after two months it it becom smaller but itis not going away and sometimes there is pain also in the hip and leg. Please suggest what I should do.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.