Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Indu Suri NairYour feedback matters!
- On day 4 after extraction as the pain was too much and constant doctor again probed the wound for blood to come out and clots to form (In previous 4 days healing was very poor and less blood came out after tooth extraction). Doctor said I have less blood. - On 5th day I visited dentist again as pain was too much last night (I have to go to doctor at night and had an injection for pian), doctor filled wound with temporary cement for a week to relieve pain and heal. Now my concern is will this heal with this method? And is yes then how much time? If no then what is to be done?
Dental sealants are barriers that can protect one's teeth from developing cavities. Made out of plastic material, there are usually applied to the molars and premolars at the back of the mouth.
How are dental sealants applied?
- The teeth on which the sealant is to be applied is cleaned properly and then dried. A solution containing acid is applied on the teeth to make the surface rough, as this helps the sealant bond well with the teeth.
- Then the teeth are rinsed, following which they are dried. Finally, the sealant is applied. At times, a special light is used to make the sealant dry easily.
Reasons to use dental sealants:
- The chewing surfaces of the teeth are aided by dental sealants. Sealants are thin coatings that are painted on those areas.
- One main reason for using sealants would be that even though brushing and flossing can remove the food particles stuck in the grooves of the teeth, at times some particles may be left behind. Sealants can prevent this.
- The sealant spreads over the enamel in the grooves of the teeth, acting as a shield. This prevents food particles from getting stuck in the pits and fissures of the teeth. When such food particles are stuck in the grooves of the teeth, cavities are likely to form. Applying sealants can prevent this.
- Children, who are at a greater risk of developing cavities, are often advised to use dental sealants to prevent their teeth from decay and damage.
- Adults whose teeth have suffered considerable decay may seek the help of sealants to protect them.
- Adults who have had fillings done in their teeth cavities may also apply sealants in order to prevent any further damage in the near or distant future.
I am suffering from tooth decay my most of lower teeth left to right Conner except middle are decay. What should I do and how much it will cost?
Sir, mai 33 years ka hoo, maine 29/04/2016 to last teeth 8 No right side uper wala nikalvaya tha waha nikalte samay root ka kuch part under rah gya tha, 04/05/2016 ko detal Dr. Ne X ray kiya us mai bi vo tooti root dikhai de rahi hai, vo tooth 40% damage ho gya tha, us ki side mai jaw k under ek tissue ban gya tha, abi jo teeth nakala tha us ka dressing bi hata diya hai, us mai infection hai
My sister is 27 year old, she's having bleeding problem in her gums and also smelling problem (periodontal disease) since a long time. She tried many medicines and home remedies too but they didn't worked. Please tell some effective medicines which really work.
I have white spots on my teeth. I don't have any pain but I don't like the way it makes my teeth look. What are these white spots and is there a cure for this? Please help thank you!
I am 37 years old when I brush my teeth it's blood every where in mouth or bleeding from teeth Please give suggestion.
I have dandruff and hair fall, oily head, and i am getting bleeding in gums, I have dust in my eye what should I do?
Mere gal ke ander(under mouth) ek chota se Dana ho gaya hai prantu ushe kisi parker ka diktat nahi hai. Dekhne se yah choone se pata nahi chalta hai. Jeev se asparch karne se Dana jaise feeling hota hai. 10 din ho chuke hai kirpiya rai De.
I am having breading problem at night from last few days, I have to take deep breath through my mouth after every few minutes and when I get up in the morning my mouth is dry and I have a pain in my throat but after some time it goes away. Please help me.
I am suffering from mouth odour from many months. Consulted the doctor and took medicine for it but no affect and also I feel a lot of heat from my body. Please give a remedy to reduce the body heat and mouth odour. Thank u.
It is believed that tooth decay once occurred cannot be reversed or healed. But the recent studies have proven this wrong. According to the researches cavity can be healed by improved diet. Tooth decay primarily occurs due to bathing the teeth with the foods containing carbohydrates frequently. Bacteria from mouth feed on these foods and produce acids which destroy tooth enamel over a period of time resulting in cavity.
To heal cavities naturally, we need to include the foods rich in minerals like calcium, fat soluble vitamins lack of which cause cavities.
Ways to heal cavities naturally
1. Avoid sugar and phytic acid (phytate)
Sugar is the food for bacteria. So it is better to avoid sugar in your diet. You can replace sugar with pure honey which is much healthier option.
Phytate is mineral blocker found in nuts, seeds, soy products and grains. It does not only inhibit absorption of minerals in your body but also leaches out minerals from the teeth and bones. You can alter the way you eat the phytate containing foods. Prefer sprouted seeds, fermented soy foods, salted bread etc which cut down the amount of phytate.
Calcium strengthens teeth. Hence increase your calcium intake by consuming milk, cheese and yogurt. With calcium, include phosphorous and magnesium rich diet also to aid calcium functions.
3. Fat soluble vitamins
Lack of fat soluble vitamins also cause tooth decay. Take diet rich in fat soluble vitamins a, e, k and especially vitamin d. Cod liver oil is great source of vitamin a, d, e. Vitamin k can be acquired from spinach, broccoli, skate liver oil, bone marrow etc. In addition to sunshine, milk, eggs and salmon are also rich in vitamin d.
4. Raw dairy products
Raw dairy products are loaded with calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, fat soluble vitamins. We must include raw dairy products in our diet. Raw cheese, butter, milk are the examples of raw dairy foods.
You can also try coconut oil pulling and activated charcoal / dry neem powder to brush your teeth which can prevent cavity naturally.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.