Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indra
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. IndraYour feedback matters!
Sir I had an ice cream yesterday and now I am facing sore throat. Suggest me any home remedy to cure this problem and to prevent such problems afterwards. I am of about 20 years. Kindly suggest me some cure for this. Such irritating thing it is.
There is an unbearable pain in the ears. Pain is bearable in the day time BT as it is evening pain starts to increase n becomes unbearable at night.
I am 45 yrs old and my profession is music player. My problem is last 8 months I am facing problem of tinnitus, i'm very worried about it and I can do anything for relief from it.
Sir, I feel like having swelling in right side of my throat I have taken medicine and their is a relief but some time I fill like kindling. When I pressing their is no pain at all. Also not having any pain while eating or drinking.
I have a itching in my throat. It is from last 3 days. ENT Dr. prescribed me :- Tab Cefakind 500 Tab Nimtaz Tab 1 all Tab pasekind But I did not get a relief even 1%. I got the pain while eating, drinking, swallowing. Now the pain is quite good. I can not handle it Dr. What you suggest?
Dizziness is usually described as a variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light-headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings, it is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are hypertension, certain medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of Corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalolith repositioning exercises - body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the Canaloliths(calcium deposits) from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the Canaloliths move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!