Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. IllambarathiYour feedback matters!
Hi my name is anil gupta 30 years old struggling with snoring Getting snoring biggerly even iam waking up with my snore please suggest on this.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
I have problems on my nose. Always snoozing and flowing liquid through my nose, I am very irritated from six months I will treated so many types of medicine via best doctors but no effect on my disease. Plese help me. Best regards.
My grandson 2.5 years old is getting blood from his nose when he wakes up in the morning since last days. We are keeping wet towel on his head or put his head below running water. Any long term remedy please ?
I am a 24 year young boy. When I went to college yesterday, suddenly, I had a blooding from my nose. I happens sometimes also. What should I do?
An insect flew into my ear. I poured some oil, and it died, but it did not come out. I live in a remote place and the ENT specialist would come only tomorrow evening. What should I do?
His left nose is always blocked it seems. Now he is having head ache also. He says his eyes are paining too. What is the reason for this symptoms. What should I do to cure him?
I am suffering from continuous from runny nose. And also I got sudden fever which we went down by calpol and I have headache, pain behind eyes ,body pain .is it common cold. And know I dnt have fever and only running nose.
I have b12 deficiency and I have been advised to take mecabol od. Due to my throat and cold infection I have been taking anti biotics as well! Can I take both the medicines together? Also is there any specific food item that I should be avoiding or eating due to the b12 deficiency? I am 21 year old female.
Have stomach problem, like gas, bloating acidity. N very often catch cold, sometimes have throat pain. Have sinus prob like blockage in the passage of nose to ear, below the eye. If I press my forehead above my eyebrows have little pain. Once a years if I pull my nose have awful pain in the backside of the head. I understand it is due to cold n cough. before very frequently I had cough n cold. I used to take bryonia and phytolca. i am allergic to dairy food also what should i do ?
Hi I am 23 years old and I am facing sinus issues I have gone to many doctors they say it does not have the remedy?
An itchy, scratchy and burning throat is something we all experience, at least once a year, if not more. Depending on your body's immunity, it occurs more often. While there is good medication to cure the problem, there also exist home remedies which can cure it. Keep a note of these things also to prevent a bad throat.
Fix sore throat with:
1. Salt water gargle - this might not be new to you as it is the first remedy elders in the family advice about - to gargle with salt water. The warm water with salt in it relieves the discomfort in the swollen tissues and pulls the mucous out.
2. Over-the-counter throat lozenges: these are extremely convenient and dependable. On days when the throat won't stop itching and you have a lot of speaking to do, these lozenges help calm the itching. They contain menthol which makes the throat tissues numb. Cough drops and candies ensure constant production of saliva in the mouth. These have choking hazards though, so avoid giving to children.
3. Ginger, clove, tulsi - chewing on pieces of ginger is beneficial. Ginger juice soothes the throat and calms the itching. Especially helpful during the nights, so that one can sleep peacefully. Cloves and tulsi leaves when chewed individually also give similar soothing effects to a sore throat.
4. Drink loads of water - it is important to stay hydrated because dehydration leads to decrease in production of mucous and saliva in the mouth. More fluids in the mouth help deal with sore throat better.
5. Warmth of honey - warm tea with honey is an ideal way to soothe the irritated throat. Honey is said to be effective in suppressing coughs.
6. Avoiding cold drinks - whatever you drink, make sure it is warm or even better, hot. Avoid drinking or eating anything cold as they will only aggravate the condition of the throat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Nose gets blocked once I lie down to sleep. Have to use a decongestant Like ortinoz daily to clear block. Also mucus forms and throat has to be cleared while eating food. What is effective treatment for dust and automobile pollution allergy?
Is audiometric test is mandatory to get hearing aid. My left ear get blocked at times, my gp has prescribed wax cleaning liquid it was ok for a few weeks again the same problem. While cleaning my ears with cotton buds I have observed that my left ear has more wax content than the right one. My hearing from left ear is little feeble, especially while I am talking or receiving call on my cell phone. Please advise. Thanks.
M having severe sickness n weakness from last 2 days took medicine bt Dr. iz no result yet. N my nose iz continuously flowing sneezing.
I have hearing problem since childhood, so I am using hearing aid but this is not totally helpful I need surgery, so I am asking if there is any permanent solution my ear (the main reason is my ear nerve is damaged since birth so if there is any surgery pls notify me)
Ear infections are a common ailment that people suffer from during the monsoon season. These can infect any part of the ear including the external ear, middle ear and inner ear.
Symptoms of ear infections:
Whether it is the outer, middle or inner ear, some of the common symptoms affecting users are:
You may feel acute pain in the infected ear.
There may be some discharge from the ears.
Some people also suffer from decreased hearing Acute infection can also cause dizziness.
Along with the ear pain some people may suffer from severe headaches.
In case of children, they may cry and refuse to feed as well as constantly tug their ears.
Fever can also be a sign of ear infection.
It is important to keep things in mind for preventing ear infections:
Keep your ears clean: It is important not to put anything in the ears to clean them- this may cause injuries and infections It is important to clean your outer ears with a clean cloth to avoid a fungal infection while using a hairspray, swimming or if you are out in the rain.
Clean earphones once a week to avoid infections of ear canal
Avoid putting cotton in your ears: Avoid putting cotton swabs in your ears as it can lead to trapping of bacteria within.
Don't ignore a warning sign: If you suffer from any of the symptoms of ear infection it is wise to get tested by an ENT specialist.
An ear infection may need treatments and procedures or in some cases even surgery. The common treatments for ear infections include:
- Cleaning of the Wax: If there is a wax buildup in your ears, which leads to an infection, a professional cleaning may be required by a doctor under a head light with specialized micro instruments.
- Ear Drops: Using ear drops can also dissolve the ear wax and clean out the ear infection.
It usually takes a week to clear out an ear infection, but if still doesn't get better it is advisable to consult a medical practitioner. Sometimes ear infections may also require surgeries like Myringotomy, Tympanoplasty or Mastoidectomy, which can be an OPD procedure or might need a day's stay in the hospital.