Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. IliyalYour feedback matters!
My femail dog have cross in 3 days continue i thik she have sufering from period so pls u tell me the abortion medicine so she couldn't pregnent.
I had 7 year old pet dog in farm usually I gave dog bite prevention rabies vaccination to the dog once in a year, this year we gave vaccination before 15 days through government veterinarian after this vaccination the dog stopped to take food after 5 days and its motion started with bleeding one time and it suffered a lot at motion time and when consulted with government and private veterinarian they said the dog was attacked by Parvo virus or Rabies but there is no aggressive symptom from the the dog it found so lazy and silent and sleepy without taking food and died the veterinarian asked us to take vaccination from government hospital as we were maintaining the dog by touching and feeding but there is no dog bite in this case what kind of vaccination to be taken by us.
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.
Hi I have black female pug 1 year old and she has this very tiny bald spots which are bumpy and a little pink in color .i don't think it itches so much since she doesn't scratch a lot.
I have a 15-20 days old star tortoise, I put him in air condition last night in glass plate but in morning he is not coming out from shell and her leg is also not moving, what happened to my tortoise, is it he die? please answer me soon.
My german shepherd is now 4 months old ,very active . Giving steamed vegetables like carrot,cucumber, gourd,pumpkin,raddish and patta gobhi with curd and 5 chappati in each meal(Twice Daily) along with 50-60 gms of Pedigree.Sometomes egg too in this meal,will potato is advisable.Is any multivtamin or liver supplement to be given at this stage?
I have 3 year old female Indian dog. She has problem getting up after sitting and has been walking slower than her usual pace. Vet here gave nurokind pet syrup, calcium supplement and bone builder. Yet I don't see any improvement. It has been three days since this started. Please suggest something.
I found a injured pigeon I bring it to home he is nt eating anything only drinking water and milk I think he got a electric shock.
My Pet Dog Name is Rocky. Today A other wild and Dirty Big Dog Injured My Dog. He bite his jaw very badly, A lot of bleeding happens After this I bathe my dog but bleeding not stop. please tell me what I do. Their is lack of dog doctor.
My dog is vomiting water like liquid little foamy with tiny bits of blood, it happened twice, one 5 days back in the morning around 4am, then at 2am. During vomiting he collapsed and paralyzed without any movement. Both time he woke up after 5 mins and he was active. I gave him Ranitac and vomited (half). Please help me, I am scared, he is 12 yrs old. 6 months back he had UTI. He is being given Nefrotec DS 2 tabs a day from 6 months as Advised by Vet. Please Please Help me, save my boy.
If a dog get fractured in his back. He is in great pain, even painkillers are not working. How many chances he have for survive?
Sir, My cow (4 year old- 2nd delivery) got delivered on 5 days back. She secreted milk in udder. Some milk also developed at naval (flank) part hanging like small bag. It gives milk 3L@2 times a day after delivery. Yesterday onwards, it won't lie down, milk got decreased to 1.5 L due to long time standing. Fodder intake also decreased. Is any serious problem. Any remedies/ relief tips. Please.
Sir we have a pug breed god she have a skin disease some of doctors are treated but she is not cure she is suffering with this disease from last 1year.Please do help
My female spitz aged 2yr limps frequently, as if she has pain in her hind legs. What could be the possible reason?
My 9 year Spitz dog was suddenly attacked by another much bigger dog nearby my house. Immediatly my dog cried loudly and I found that its forelegs are trailing. Although I am getting treatment from a Vet docter but no releafe is observed. My dog is unable do fully strech its fore legs please guide.
My rabbit is of 2 1/2 month old and he is not feeling well. Both ears are down and eyes almost closed but is moving slowly! what should I do:(
This is one of the easiest dog obedience commands to teach, so it’s a good one to start with.
- Hold a treat close to your dog’s nose.
- Move your hand up, allowing his head to follow the treat and causing his bottom to lower.
- Once he’s in sitting position, say “Sit,” give him the treat, and share affection.
Repeat this sequence a few times every day until your dog has it mastered. Then ask your dog to sit before mealtime, when leaving for walks, and during other situations where you’d like him calm and seated.
This command can help keep a dog out of trouble, bringing him back to you if you lose grip on the leash or accidentally leave the front door open.
- Put a leash and collar on your dog.
- Go down to his level and say, “Come,” while gently pulling on the leash.
- When he gets to you, reward him with affection and a treat.
Once he’s mastered it with the leash, remove it — and practice the command in a safe, enclosed area.
This can be one of the more difficult commands in dog obedience training. Why? Because the position is a submissive posture. You can help by keeping training positive and relaxed, particularly with fearful or anxious dogs.
- Find a particularly good smelling treat, and hold it in your closed fist.
- Hold your hand up to your dog’s snout. When he sniffs it, move your hand to the floor, so he follows.
- Then slide your hand along the ground in front of him to encourage his body to follow his head.
- Once he’s in the down position, say “Down,” give him the treat, and share affection.
Repeat it every day. If your dog tries to sit up or lunges toward your hand, say “No” and take your hand away. Don’t push him into a down position, and encourage every step your dog takes toward the right position. After all, he’s working hard to figure it out!
Before attempting this one, make sure your dog is an expert at the “Sit” command.
- First, ask your dog to “Sit.”
- Then open the palm of your hand in front of you, and say “Stay.”
- Take a few steps back. Reward him with a treat and affection if he stays.
- Gradually increase the number of steps you take before giving the treat.
- Always reward your pup for staying put — even if it’s just for a few seconds.
This is an exercise in self-control for your dog, so don’t be discouraged if it takes a while to master, particularly for puppies and high-energy dogs. After all, they want to be on the move and not just sitting there waiting.
5. Leave it
This can help keep your dog safe when his curiosity gets the better of him, like if he smells something intriguing but possibly dangerous on the ground! The goal is to teach your pup that he gets something even better for ignoring the other item.
- Place a treat in both hands.
- Show him one enclosed fist with the treat inside, and say, “Leave it.”
- Let him lick, sniff, mouth, paw, and bark to try to get it — and ignore the behaviors.
- Once he stops trying, give him the treat from the other hand.
- Repeat until your dog moves away from that first fist when you say, “Leave it.”
- Next, only give your dog the treat when he moves away from that first fist and also looks up at you.
Once your dog consistently moves away from the first treat and gives you eye contact when you say the command, you’re ready to take it up a notch. For this, use two different treats — one that’s just all right and one that’s a particularly good smelling and tasty favorite for your pup.
- Say “Leave it,” place the less attractive treat on the floor, and cover it with your hand.
- Wait until your dog ignores that treat and looks at you. Then remove that treat from the floor, give him the better treat and share affection immediately.
- Once he’s got it, place the less tasty treat on the floor… but don’t completely cover it with your hand. Instead hold it a little bit above the treat. Over time, gradually move your hand farther and farther away until your hand is about 6 inches above.
- Now he’s ready to practice with you standing up! Follow the same steps, but if he tries to snatch the less tasty treat, cover it with your foot.
Don’t rush the process. Remember, you’re asking a lot of your dog. If you take it up a notch and he’s really struggling, go back to the previous stage.
Just these five simple commands can help keep your dog safer and improve your communication with him. It’s well worth the investment of your time and effort. Remember, the process takes time, so only start a dog obedience training session if you’re in the right mindset to practice calm-assertive energy and patience.