Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ilango.V.PYour feedback matters!
My baby is in her 6th month now. Can we give red bananas (chenthura pazham). As i am from kerala we get this bananas more. So is it advisable to give that now. I have lil today as she was eager to eat that as it tastes sweet. Is there any side effects if I give? please help. Thanks in advance.
Hello doctors, I have a daughter of 19 months and she faces problem with motion every day. Weeps a lot because it would be very tight and comes in bulky as if for adults. Once passes will be very happy, but struggles a lot for an hour and weeps a lot. Many doctors said drinking fluids will do, mean while use dupholac. We do it, but once we use 10ml of syrup the next motion would be fine. If we stop again same routine. But we cannot use medicine everyday right? Which may not be good to use months together. Another issue is she passes urine for almost 30-40 times a day. Content will also be more and passes like this only from day of birth till date. We did urine culture that's fine, stool test that's fine, scanning even this is fine.
While your baby is definitely adorable the way he or she is, a little grooming doesn’t really hurt! Yes, all babies are gorgeous, but they could definitely be pampered with a little upkeep when it comes to the skin, nail and hair department. The more you pay attention to how your infant looks and feels, the more comfortable and healthy they are the better it is.
- Shower care: A baby is at his/her natural best when allowed to splash around carelessly in the tub, but here are a few tips you can follow to make sure it all goes smooth and breezy:
- Keep it under 10 minutes: Try to keep your baby’s bath time to a limit of ten minutes, as too much water can dry out their delicate skin.
- Boats, not bubbles: While bubbles can look pretty, and babies love playing around in them, bubbles can also be drying on the baby’s skin. Swap them with bath toys instead, which are equally, if not more fun!
- Lotion up immediately afterward: The best time to lotion up your baby is immediately after his/her bath, as this seals the moisture inside the baby’s skin, making it more supple.
- Gum and tooth care
- Before the baby sprouts teeth: Make it a habit to wipe your baby’s gums daily, which will make them get used to a regular teeth cleaning habit. Don’t use toothpaste and toothbrush; a simple soft cloth is enough.
- After the baby sprouts teeth: You can now start using a toothbrush to softly clean your baby’s teeth. While toothpaste is not entirely necessary, you can use a negligible amount of it if you want.
- Nail care: Babies are almost always hyper active (well, unless they’re asleep), so you need to be careful while cutting their nails:
- While your baby is napping/immediately after a bath: Of course, the easiest time to trim your little one’s nails is when they’re asleep, but post bath, the nail cuticles soften, which makes it the best time to trim nails.
- Use a nail file: While filing does take a longer time than simply clipping, there’s a lesser chance of ending up accidentally bruising your baby’s skin.
- Don’t let your baby bite their nails: This is a bad habit that needs to be stopped right from infancy, so don’t let your baby make a habit of biting their nails.
- Hair care: Cutting your baby’s hair for the first time is a big event, and is as essential starting step to preparing your baby for further grooming:
- Be careful: Make sure your baby is sitting still when you are in the process of cutting their hair. You can have someone sit the baby on their lap while you go about doing your job.
- Don’t worry about the baby’s hair condition: It is completely natural for babies to have very thin hair or a lesser amount of hair; that is nothing to be worried about, it’s completely normal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Can I give yogurt dahi to my 10 months old son? And where do I get wheat grass? What all food I can give to my son.
I have a 3 months old baby girl. What should be the supplement for breastfeeding whenever required. Does cow's milk is safe to give? If formula milk then specify the brand please. Thanks.
Sir hm logo ko 1 baby hui h 5 /6/16ko. But meri wife ne Av tk use breastfeeding nai karaya h. Qki baby nursery me h. Meri wife k dono boobs Bahut hi hard ho gaye h. To kya ye breastfeeding na karane ki vajah se h. Aur agar Aisa h to kya mai uska breastfeeding kar sakta Hu. Isse Mujhe ya use koi problem you nai hogi. Please help us.
Hi my son is 7 months old his control was little bit weak. My neurologist asked us to take mri. Results of mri 1. Mild thining of body and splenium of corpus callosum seen with periventriclar hyperintensities. 2. Partial empty sella is seen 3. Dialted vr spaces noticed in left inferior putamen. 4. No obivious demostrable infarct or hemorrhage orsqlin brain parenchyma. Possibility of mild form of perinatal insult is more likely neurologist said nothing bad he is ok but my pediatrician said there will be developmental delay. Which one one right. What to do?
My daughter 2year 8 month old she doing potty 5 times today some lecuide and some good colour is greenish yellow we gave her to eat green banana and dry rice (chere) and medicine gelucil and and antiacid pouch for kids but we are very worried.
Sir my daughter is1& half year old. More than ten days she is affected urinary infection, she is very struggle to pass urine and it' s code' s very bad smell and few drops only coming. Please sir give me a suggestion.
My son is 8 years 9 months old. Last three days back i. E. On Monday he had a fever of 101.6 and it continued until yesterday i. E. Wednesday night. The fever ranged between 101 to 99. On tuesday along with the fever, rashes started, i. E. Pinpricked rash all over the body with slight itchiness, today he has no fever but rash is still present. Please help me with any medication. Thanking you.
My 50 days boy has getting pain while passing the urine. Maily morning timing morning 10 am to 11 am and 6pm to 9pm. Once releses the urine he can sleep and play well. PlEASE advise me what can I do for him. Thanks
Epilepsy is a common neurology problem. We need to have proper diagnosis and treatment. The medications need to be taken very regularly. Make sure to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours.