Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ilamparuthi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. IlamparuthiYour feedback matters!
My grandfather age 75 years and his diabetes patient. 2 month before doctor say chance of kidney failure. 1 report 1) haemoglobin-9.70 2) serum creatinine-4.50 After 10 days report 1) haemoglobin-9.70 2) serum creatinine- 4.77 It is serious problem sir kindly tell me fast.
If you are concerned about your health, it is important for you to protect your kidneys from several harmful conditions. There are several types of kidney disorders, which may develop if your kidneys are not well cared for. This may include an overload of toxins, acute renal failure, chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease. Along with these problems kidney cancer is another fatal threat.
Steps to keep your kidneys healthy
There are several ways you can take care of your kidneys and keep them safe, such as
- Take certain tests for obtaining the panel reading of your BUN or blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. The estimated glomerular filtration rate (EGFR) must be determined as well. The scores obtained from these tests will tell you about the condition of your kidneys at that point in time.
- Lower your amount of phosphorous intake. When the kidney does not function properly, phosphorus accumulation is likely to happen, which causes serious conditions like heart disorders and calcification of the tissues. You should avoid phosphorous rich food items and abstain from drinking carbonated drinks.
- You must consume foods that support and boost the health of your kidneys, which includes watermelon, cranberry, cabbage, cauliflower, blueberry, strawberry, apples, garlic, onion and olive oil.
- Obesity is related to kidney cancer and hence, you must maintain a healthy weight and carrying out regular exercises is highly advisable.
- Several pain relievers such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS may have harmful side effects on the kidney and may lead to kidney cancer. Try to avoid these medicines.
- You can take an Epsom salt bath. This is a common measure for detoxification, as it enables in removing waste and toxins from the body and improves the overall health of your kidneys. Also, it is advisable to go for regular blood and urine check-up along with ultra-sound to know how your kidneys are functioning.
- You should keep your blood-sugar level and blood pressure under control as they can lead to kidney failure. You should quit smoking and stop using tobacco in any form as the toxins from nicotine will harm your kidneys.
With proper care and management of your kidneys, you will be able to prevent several harmful conditions.One should get Kidney function test and Ultrasound done to check that the kidney is functioning normally. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!