Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. HussainYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old male but since last 3 years I am getting attracted towards boys also. I do not wish to be a gay. Please guide me about how to remove this feeling from mind. Please guide me But.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.
I was a topper till 10th class, but then I don't know what happened to me I was having lac of interest in study ,skipping classes ,fatigue, denial situation that's why my father is not happy with my b.tech performance, now he used to be very angry, and I fear to face his argument My mother is a schizophrenia patient I suspect my gf whom I love a lot, I abuse her, I get angry on such nonsense silly things Excessive sleep, fatigue, thoughts making me behave like a mad, self talking ,talking in mind, smoking (now stopped) Actually this is very crucial stage of my career and now I want to study but I don't know knowing all the bad future I can't study Even I am unwilling to study or lac of motivation to study Day dreaming Excessive masturbations Want to sleep alone I think I'm living in an imaginary world of thoughts, worry,fear about future ,suspecting my partner So what kind of disorder is this? And what medication should I take ,I want to study hard with a relaxed mind.
What are the symptoms for chicken pox? Will I suffer from chicken pox if already suffered from it earlier?
My cold not healing from 6 months, ,mucus still came out of throat, every time ,what is the solution.
I am 49 years old, often I am facing gas/ acidity problem due to that I could not sleep well at night, already I have two cerebral attack in the year 2012, 29th August, and 2014, 29th December, what I will do? Some suggested for Carotid Doppler test, transesophageal RR Echo and Mr. angiography of aortic area to both cardiac test - what I will do? Pl immediately provide me your best opinion.
Nose bleeding happens because of presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, colds and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
1. Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
2. Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
3. Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures :
1. Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
2. Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
3. Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
4. Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
5. Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
6. Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
7. Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
8. Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.