Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HimapriyaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a teeth problem. When I eat some fruit like apple. There is blood came. And I feel much pain. What can I do?
I have mouth ulcers since 6 days. I do not know why. I take b complex and its because of TB. I do not have any cough problem. I have fever 37.5 .when I checked in evening .i ate 3 eggs a day still I am slim .No change in my body nature 47 kg.
I have pain and swelling in my back teeth. I checked by doctor and he told me that your akkal jaad is coming. And now I am facing so much pain and I am not able to eat any thing. please help me.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
Sir I want to have braces for teeth, what is the process for getting them and how much it cost. Waiting for your reply.
All that a Mom should know about oral health care to maintain her baby’s set of Pearly Whites:
Right time to begin brushing baby’s teeth – as soon as the 1st tooth erupts.
- After feeding use a damp gauze or cloth gently wipe the mouth of any residue left behind.
- Use either an over finger brush or a soft bristled brush for infants to clean the teeth.
- Initially use a wet toothbrush and slowly move to kid’s toothpaste.
Choosing a toothpaste for kids –
- Now a days fluoridated toothpaste for kids in very small quantity i.e rice grain sized is recommended.
- Watermelon / bubblegum/ strawberry flavours can increase the kid’s interest towards brushing.
Brushing technique –
- Teach your kids to brush using a small circular motion. Brush twice daily. Make it a game or sing a song to encourage brushing.
- Toothbrushes are now available with music or lights or cartoon figures to make brushing more fun.
Tips to maintaine good oral hygiene –
- Apart from brushing it is important to cleanse the mouth in between the meals.
- Do not put infants to sleep with milk formula or juice as sugary liquids cling to teeth and cause decay.
- Avoid pacifiers as they change the shape of the mouth and cause improperly placed teeth.
- After giving medicine or eating sweet like chocolates, ice-cream encourage kids to wash mouth with water and clean with a damp cloth for infants.
- Get fluoride treatment done every 6 months from dentist for prevention of caries.
Milk teeth are very important -
- For maintaining the oral health.
- Also to determine the shape of mouth and alignment of permanent teeth.
I am 50 year old my left side of tongue red color from last 60 days a have taken treatment from dentist and biopsy also done by doctor report of biopsy is normal but still its paining.
Lots of inflammations on left cheek below eye due to dental or gums problem since 2 days. Given her Tab Moxikind- CV 625 1 BD Tab ACF SP 1BD nutrolin B 1 OD The problem remains without subsiding. Same problem got subsided after taking above medical treatment a year ago. However this year swelling is much more.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.