Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hementha Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Hementha KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife has been suffering from oa since past 30 years or so. She is now 79. Her ortho has advised her tkr. Is it advisable?
My mother is suffer from headache. She is feeling very warm. Even its too cold. She has lost the appetite. She had an argument with someone few days back. She has sewer headache. Please help.
Hello doctor, I am 25 years old female, I am having upper arm upper thigh elbow and left side knee pain for past three months it occurs one after the other consulted Ortho doctor before 20 days he just told me that I need more Sunshine on me so I was suggested Lumia 2K tablet and I had advised from him that I should sit and walk in sunshine in the early morning for some time but still 40 % of the problem only have cured if I ask about the pain he said it is just a soft tissue problem I couldn't bear pain sometimes at the night time and sometimes after afternoon the pain aggravates as a dull ache. So what happened and what are the causes for knee pain and elbow pain and right side upper arm and upper thigh pain.
Sir, I have back pain for last 3-4 days. I have tried moov and relispray. But it did not worked. What I have to do, please give some suggestions. Thanks.
I am 26 years old female and married, I have very less weight of 38 and I have arthritis also and have a weakness problem, and pain into my legs lot,
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop lower back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware but regular activities like sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night's sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine. These damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments.
Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity. However, it is often very difficult to pinpoint the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes of lower back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the computer. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smartphones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take a break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to the vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress, increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands release stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.
Ways to get rid of lower back pain
- You must lie on your back.
- It is then advisable to lift your left leg, as high as you can
- Thereafter, keep the legs straight in a raised position.
- You are then supposed to hold your lower thigh with both hands.
- You can then pull the leg toward your upper half of the body
- Hold this position for some 10 to 15 seconds.
- Position yourself back in the starting position.
- Repeat the same with the right leg.
- Do this 2-3 times with each leg to get rid of the lower back pain.
- Apply hot or cold compression on the affected part
- Eat a balanced diet
- Don’t smoke or drink
- Exercise in a proper posture
- Don’t spend too many hours sitting before laptops or tv. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.