Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
How to overcome sibling jealousy in children. My daughter of 5.8 years is behaving weird. I guessed she doesn't like her little brother clinging to me always. She forces me to put him in daycare.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.
My son is 4 months old. He is taking formula milk from day one. He has a habit of vomiting whenever he takes milk. Offlate the vomiting has increased and on some days he literally vomits everything which he takes in. His weight acc to Doc is okay. He sometimes feels relieved after he vomits. he vomits both milk and curd. Pls advice.
Sir, My 2 years and 8 months old baby not speaking. His hearing checked and results are fine. When I want to communicate with him, he feels irritation and move. He play with kids and his memory is amazing. But I dont understand that why he is not taking interest in communication. He only say maa papa and dada sometimes but mostly he babbles. Please help me and suggest me.
My baby daughter is 4 months old. She is underweight. What all can I give her to feed other than mothers milk? Like orange juice grapes juice? Please help.
Why do babies spit up?
Babies spit up when they've eaten too much or when they've swallowed too much air while feeding. Spitting up usually happens when babies burp. It can also happen when your baby is drooling. Spitting up is not vomiting. Babies usually don't notice when they spit up. Vomiting is forceful and painful. Spitting up is common for most babies until about the time they can eat solid foods (usually around 6 months to 1 year of age).
The medical term for "spitting up" is gastroesophageal reflux, or reflux. It happens when milk or solid food in the stomach comes back up into your baby's esophagus (the esophagus is the tube that joins the mouth and the stomach).
What can I do to help my baby?
Feed your baby by placing him or her in an upright position. If you bottle-feed you baby, burp him or her every 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure the hole in the nipple on the bottle is not too large, or milk will come out too fast. Avoid laying your baby down following a feeding or moving him or her around too much before the food settles in the stomach.
Some babies spit up less if their formula is thickened with rice cereal. Ask your doctor if you can add 2 to 3 teaspoons of rice cereal to each ounce of formula. You might have to use a nipple with a larger hole so the thicker formula will come out easily.
Some babies also spit up less if they are given less milk at each feeding, but are fed more often.
Will reflux cause problems for my baby?
Spitting up is messy, but it is normal during your baby's early months. It rarely involves choking, coughing or pain.
However, you should contact your doctor if you notice your baby has the following symptoms:
Is not gaining weight.
Spits up a large amount of milk (more than 1 or 2 tablespoons)
Spits up or vomits forcefully
Has fewer wet diapers than normal
Seems very tired or lethargic
Spits up green or brown liquid
Should I CONSULT A doctor
If your baby experiences any of the symptoms listed above, you should CONSULT ONLINE PRIVATELY IN THIS SITE/drsajeev/lybrate
First, your doctor will make sure your baby is healthy and growing well. Your doctor will also check to see if your baby has breathing problems. If your doctor thinks your baby is fine, nothing else needs to be done. Your doctor will probably want to see your baby regularly./REMAIN IN CONSTANT TOUCH,ONLINE OR PERSONALLY
If your baby's reflux is causing excessive problems, your doctor may prescribe medicine to help treat it. This medicine is the same one used for heartburn in adults. If your baby continues to not gain weight or develops other problems, your doctor might do some additional tests.