Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HemchandYour feedback matters!
My dauter (now, 12months, identified at the age of 7th month after birth) suffering with hypoglyssemia (low sugar) on testing with criticl blood sample, it is found she has high insulin. May be due to tumor in pancria. We have treated with diazoxide but no change have found on recurrence. So we stoped its use. Do you have any treatment for same. Kindly revert.
My baby girl is 7 months old. Her stool is hard and too small amount. She is crying during potty. Her wt is 7.5 kg. We are giving her enfamil a+ and rice dal. Please suggest what to do ?
My girl child is five months old. She has converted nipple with lump behind the nipple on right side only is it normal.
My daughter 3.3yrs old suffers from cough very often even her nose is blocked and nothing comes out she has that problem when she lies down therefore hinders in sound sleep
Mansi( name changed) is a young 27-year-old epilepsy patient.her seizures are under complete control since the past two years yet her family wonders as to why do she continues to be withdrawn, low on energy and cry's often. Empirical evidence and research have drawn a link with depression post-AED (Antiepilepsy Drugs).
Depression is comorbid with epilepsy.It can proceed epilepsy.It can post an epilepsy attack.Social factors also play a role in its occurrence.
Here it is essential for family members to be empathetic and supportive towards the patient.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
My 1.5 year child suffering from dry cold from last two month. I have nebulizer my child many time and also given doc prescribed medicine. But he not getting any relief. Please advice me.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is taking macox zh kid for 4 months. How long will it take to stop. Whether the doctor will stop by 6 months or will he continue. I fear to ask him bec still he is having cold. Can we give curd during cold?
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!
My cousin is 5 years old and have problems of cerebral palsy. She is 6 kg in weight can I get any solutions for her. Basic problems indication and low drinking (water, milk etc).
I am 28 my veins in my hand I can move them so freely and independently few say you are week few say complicated vien system its since from my age 13.
Sir my son is one and half year old but he don't intake milk a single ml. He only drinks milk from bootle when he is in deep sleep otherwise he refuses to take milk. I had tried many flovours in milk nt he refuses just by seeing n drinking it. Please help me I am much worried about his deficiency for calcium.
Fibroids - Symptoms, causes and treatment