Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HemavathiYour feedback matters!
Married 24 years old. I have some itching problem in labia minor. There is papilla like projection onto it. They are not painful. Non irritating for micturition. What is the problem. Its also not due to fungal infection. My problem has gone 5 years. N non continuous. After 2 month or 4 month or 6 month I experience this problem..
Hi Dr, I am Brinda, 30yrs, F. Married since 7years. PCOD (on glycomet 850 and Normoz. Gone through 6 Follicular study no results. I conceived on own before 4years but it was miscarriage on 6th week (Only sac was seen could not see baby till 6th week scan). Now my Dr. Suggested for Advanced Diagnostic Hystereolaproscopy to find any blocks in my tubes and other fertile aspects. I would like to know if I surely have to undergo this laparoscopy or as an alternate could I go for IUI or IVF to conceive skipping this laparoscopy. Please advise. Thanks.
Mother of two aged 30 years suffering from leucorrhea and vaginal loosening as if body will prolapse
Hello Doctor, I have acidity problem. Incase I eat eat some spicy food or skip my food or if I do not get proper sleep then I get acidity attack. Now that I am trying to conceive. Will it anyways affect my fertility?
Its about my wife whos not getting pregnant every time she gets her period and her period are not regular can you please suggest.
Hi, I have pcod. Trying to reduce weight and conceive. I used susten sr to induce my periods. Yesterday I started the tablet. But today morning I had brownish discharge. Am I having my periods? Or should I continue susten sr?
I am having monthly periods only for two days each month since 4 years. Please tell me is this serious. Before 4-5 year periods occurs for 4-5 days. Please help me on this issue.
Meri shaadi 6 Feb 2017 ko hui hai aur mujhe 2 months to kuch problem nhi hui normal periods hue but is baar periods bhi ho rahe hain aur kuch ghee ka kaam ho kitchen main to vomiting bhi ho rahi hai bookh lagti hai par kuch zyada khane ka Mann nhi karta thodi der baithti Hun to lagta hai stomach par bhari bhari kuch hai for padta hai please suggest karein k kya reason hai kya possibility hai k conceive kiya ho ya koi aur reason hai .thnx.
Hi Me and my Wife are planning for a baby. What are the necessary things I should keep in mind. Kindly guide.
I oprated 3months before utrinfibroid hb loss how to improve hp n psycic health any exercise r yoga? Always feeling tired sleepy. N this s my 2 nd operation due to fibroid. I am married 2 kids are there my age 30. I. Am pale nowm I got 2 packcells. 2 blood injection n iron on n before surgery. But now I am again suffer the same hb problm. Regular periodic cycle started past 3 months but little blood comes 2 days only bleeding. How to improve my health.
Am cured with my pcod and now am trying to loose some weight before trying to conceive. Is it ok to loose weight while trying to conceive. Can I still get pregnant with following a strict diet. Or I should not diet?
How to increase chances of normal delivery?
A normal birth or a normal delivery takes place when the uterus contracts strong enough to push the baby out of the vagina. This mode, being agonizingly painful; however, is also one of the safest and healthiest means of giving birth. When the child passes through the birth canal, they acquire healthy bacteria which build up their immunity.
In few cases, the normal birth process faces few obstacles owing to which an assisted delivery method has to be approached. This includes an episiotomy, forceps delivery, ventouse delivery, induction, as well as c-section.
If you wish to avoid the above mentioned methods of assistance during your delivery, then go through the following content of the article to learn about certain ways of attaining a normal delivery.
1. Perineal massage:
A perineal massage once or twice a week during the end days of pregnancy can reduce your chances of having an episiotomy, if you are about to deliver for the first time. However, such a massage would be of no use if you have already given birth to a baby vaginally.
2. Early labour at home:
Many women tend to head to the hospital during early hours of labour. However, such an act increases the incidence of c-section. During early hours of labour, staying at home until active contractions begin is much more appropriate than the former act.
3. Mobility during early labour:
The early hours of labour require mobility such as walking, squatting or turning sides when resting. With your body moving, the baby shall also acquire some mobility enough to help itself through the birth canal.
4. Control your weight:
Throughout your gestation, you need to check for your weight and keep it under control. Gaining too many kilos can result in obstructed labour, which in turn shall call the need for an instrumental assistance.
5. Hot shower:
During the early hours of labour, dipping yourself in a tub filled with warm water can make some really effective means of controlling pain. The pain eases off a bit while the uterus contracts and does its job. If you do not have a tub, then take a shower with warm water instead.
6. Avoid panicking:
At the hospitals, women who fail to achieve proper uterine contractions are offered induction of labour via administration of oxytocin. This is a hormone, which is actually released naturally in the body when the time of delivery approaches. However, stress can produce adverse affects on the body’s oxytocin production. Hence, try to stay calm and relaxed when you are approaching your time of delivery.
I have pregnancy of four months. In my first scan. I got I have multiple gallbladder stones. Is there any remedy to remove this stones except operation? Can you tell me some another way?
I want to know after 35 years for females fertile eggs in ovaries will gradually become less and chances of pregnancy is completely less. Is it true?
My wife 48 year old. Last two three months she is excessive bleeding during her periods. Recently scanned her uterus shows multiple fibroids largest measuring 4x3. 4 cm & 4.93.9 cm in posterior myometrial wall indenting and displacing the endometrium. Not using any medicine for fibroids. Using iron/calcium tablets. Please advice.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.
Although both are similar, treadmill and jogging are very different from each other. The same muscles are used in both the exercises and the same forward body movement is involved in both the exercises. Both are done for cardiovascular fitness, to decrease the amount of fat in your body, and to tone your legs. However, here are a few pointers which show you the difference between treadmill and jogging:
1. Treadmill is easy: Running on a treadmill is easier than going out for a jog. This is because a treadmill has a plain running surface with a constant environment. But when you go out for a jog, the surface may not be plain; the environment might not be constant as it can be windy or extremely sunny. The treadmill can also be adjusted according to your requirements, like the inclination can be increased or decreased; the speed of the belt can be increased or decreased, etc. It also affects the joints less because you are able to have a flat surface to place your foot every time, unlike the rough surface of the roads and lanes when you jog.
2. Convenience: Running a mile at home on a tread mill is much more convenient than going out for a jog. You can hop onto a treadmill for a run anytime, but going out for jog whenever you feel like, is difficult and can cause inconvenience. The weather might not be appropriate to go for a jog, or you might have certain things to do which you can while you are on the treadmill.
3. Motivation: Treadmills allow you to see how much you have run, which will motivate you to work harder and surpass your previous limit. This is difficult when you go out for a jog as you cannot calculate how much you ran.
4. Burning calories: Jogging outside is much more challenging than jogging on a treadmill. This is because of the various factors which you have to face like weather and terrain while you are jogging outside. This causes you to burn more calories than what you would on a treadmill. However, you can change the inclination and the speed of the treadmill which will also enable you to burn more calories.
Although jogging outside and on a treadmill might have these few differences, you will get the best results, if you are able to combine both together.
Most people will give you a blatant No. And they are quite right to do so. But if you have been a habitual offender who can't unwind without their drink, pregnancy is going to be a big problem. So does the rule stand in all cases? What if you drank when you didn't know you were pregnant yet? What if you had a light drink here and there, will it literally spell disaster? Let's find out.
Contradictory advice everywhere: Most doctors will advice you to stay away completely from alcohol as soon as that first positive emerges in your test. Others may give you a little leeway and let you have an occasional drink. There are friends who'll confess to have cheated during their pregnancy and snuck in a beer or two and say that their kids turned out just fine. There are other friends will scorn on you for even thinking such a thing. Same goes for your relatives. Like all things in pregnancy, random advice will just not work.
How much can you drink? Let's assume that you are confident nothing will happen and want to be adventurous and give it a cautious try. Danish researchers have some good news for you. Some studies have shown that low to moderate consumption of alcohol does not harm the baby. In fact, in 2012, Danish researchers released a highly publicized study that found no major problems in children below 5 years whose mothers had consumed 1- 8 alcoholic drinks a week during pregnancy.
Unfortunately, not all research is made equal. With pregnancy, each mother, each child and progression of each pregnancy is different. It really has to be on a case by case basis and nothing can be taken on face value. Most people will still advise you to completely go off alcohol as there is 'no safe' amount during pregnancy. Some women have a larger quantity of the enzyme that breaks down alcohol. If a woman with lower levels of this enzyme drinks alcohol, it is more likely to harm her unborn child as the alcohol will remain in her bloodstream longer.
How alcohol can affect your child?
A number of disorders that can affect your child when in the womb and even after because of alcohol consumption. These disorders are collectively called 'Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder'. It is characterized by increased risk in miscarriage and stillbirth. It can also result in the baby having low birth weight and increase problems with learning, speech, attention span, language and hyperactivity. Alcohol consumption may also affect girl child and a baby boy differently. While both may turn out to have aggressive and delinquent behaviour, girls are more likely to develop mental health problems too.
If you are unable to give up on alcohol, you need to immediately get professional help to overcome your addiction. Also note that the term 'non-alcoholic' beverage is misleading as they can contain trace amounts of it. Consult a doctor today on which drinks are safe for you.