Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HemalathaYour feedback matters!
Hi After taking unwanted 72 pill and did not have period within one week than m I pregnant? please Dr. tell me I am scared?
I was operated of testicle hernia when I was 14 years old on the right side. Now I'm 33. And I now feel that I still have hernia on both sides. Will that affect my sperm count? I'm very healthy and into sports. No pain. Do you advice to get myself operated before I get married or plan for a child?
I am having a lot of hairfall, I am suffering from PCOS. How can i resolve hairfall and regrow them?
I got lot of acne on my face due to pcod problem, am using homeopathy since 1 month, there is no change on my face & does homeopathy really works for pcod problem, doctor told to use the homeopathic medicine for 1 yr, he gave some liquid to apply on my face, but there is no change, I did not got my periods since 3 months plzz suggest me how to overcome this problem, does homeopathy cures it? & I already used allopathy 3 months I got my periods regularly when I used hormonal pills, if I stop using again my periods are irregular, I heard that operation should be done for pcod, & am doing my daily exercise since 1 month, please suggest me better treatment.
My wife is pregnant of 6 months and last month she complaining regarding itching in whole body, so that doctor recommended for LFT test. The reports indicate that SGPT 404U/L, SGOT 315U/L and alk phosphatase is 213U/L. These level are extremely high .we are concerned about it. Please let me know if it is dangerous for our baby or not.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.
Hi I am an 18 year old female I had protected sex 5 days ago and my period was due on 17 April but it was two days late. The first day there Was little blood but then brown discharge in little amount and then after two days it stopped. Also we checked the condom for holes and last month my period was 10 days long. I am just worried as to what could be the cause am I pregnant? Or it's just old blood?
Hello, everybody, I am Dr Puneet Nayak, CMD Prettislim Clinic. Today I will be talking about how to remain fit and healthy in today’s busy life. All of us want to remain fit and healthy, but we always complain we are short of time. I believe that more than shortness of time. It is the lack of motivation or the lack of action which makes us to not achieve our fitness goals. So first thing is that focus, that orientation, that yes, fitness is important, like other aspects of life like career, family life, social life, entertainment, fitness is also something important which needs to be given time, effort, energy and focus. Once you develop this orientation, then the next step will automatically come in. Next step is, finding good professionals. Like every other field of this world, fitness is a specialized field. You need good professionals or good centres where you can have specialized professionals like dieticians, physicians, fitness trainers, yoga trainers to help you achieve your fitness goals.
At Prettislim, we are eleven year old clinic with a team of 50 doctors, 25 dieticians, 20 counsellors and 6 physicians in our team. We help you achieve your fitness and slimming goals, through the use of human involvement as well as the use of latest technology, as well as the use of technology to give you reminders and support you during the program. So after finding a good professional place and centre, it is also very important to take charge of your fitness, because until you take charge then your goals will not be achieved. And it is also important to know that fitness is not an all-or-none phenomenon, it is not that either you have a big pot belly, or you have a six pack. You can always be somewhere in the middle.
So if you’re better than what you were yesterday, a week back, or a month back, you are in the right direction. So keep up the momentum. If you make unreasonable goals, then you’re bound to fail, and which will reduce your motivation and you will go haywire. So if you are better than what you were yesterday, a week back, or a month back, keep your bag packed and move ahead. You are in the right direction. Also, it is very important to keep a variety of fitness regimen. Sometimes you’re doing walking, jogging, treadmill, sometimes some games, this will keep you pep up, you will not get bored, otherwise, if you get bored you drop, everything and become lethargic. Keep a variety.
Also, it is important that use some good fitness nutritional supplements, like protein, fibre, calcium, vitamin, as they are very important to help you achieve your fitness goals. So be regular, don’t hesitate, it is going to help you. Apart from this, it’s also very important that sometimes it might happen that you may lose focus and you may go haywire. But don’t worry. Find a good occasion to remotivate yourself. It can be your birthday, a new year, a friend’s marriage, or it can be even your upcoming holiday. Use it as a motivation tool, and get your ball rolling again. In no time, you will be able to achieve your fitness goals again. Also, be attentive towards your fitness regimen. Read more, listen more, watch more about your fitness, because fitness is an ever-changing field.
Like in Prettislim we introduced four-in-one technology 4 years back. Where we use four technologies in one treatment of 60 minutes to help you lose your unwanted body fat. So you only need 60 minutes a week, which can definitely fit into your busy schedule. Over and above, you get dietician support through slimming tips as well as SMS, Whatsapp, and e-mail.
So what are you waiting for? If you don’t have time, still you can become fit and healthy by just giving 60 minutes a week. I am sure the tools which I have suggested you in my video would help you to achieve your fitness goals even if you’re busy. For more information, you can always connect me through Lybrate.com, or know more about us at www.prettislim.com.
Thank you very much.
I have faced stomach pain issue as I have irregular periods happen for one or two days in a month. Also hemoglobin is also very low about 8gm and I am currently taking thyroid tablet of 5 mg. I have high weight according to my height. Please suggest.
Antioxidants: What are they?
Antioxidants are free radical scavengers known to enhance our immunity. We know that fruits and vegetables with vibrant colors are great sources of antioxidants. Many times we wish that foods that taste delicious were as healthy as these fruits and veggies. Here is something to cheer you up. The foods listed below are not only tasty but also rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants and their sources:
- Eggs: Egg yolk contains an antioxidants called “lutein”. Lutein is known to prevent muscular degeneration and cataracts. Though the lutein content in yolk is lesser than the lutein content of the green leafy veggies, but according to some studies the lutein from yolk is more effectively absorbed due to the fat content of the yolk.
- Tinned beans: Tinned beans contains phytochemicals. Phytochemicals repair damaged dna and also neutralize free radicals. Small red beans, dark kidney beans and black beans are rich in antioxidants. You can now enjoy your baked beans with a touch of health.
- Whole grain pasta/noodles: These whole grain dishes contain polyphenols. Polyphenols are strong anti-cancerous elements. Whole grain pasta and noodles contain 3 to 4 times more antioxidants than the regular ones. In combination to antioxidants these foods also contain good amount of fiber that help in regulating cholesterol levels.
- Yogurt: There is an additional health benefit to this yummy delight. Although it does not directly contain any antioxidants, it does contain riboflavin which enhances or promotes the activity of antioxidants glutathione. Riboflavin being a water soluble vitamin b, it easily flushes out of the body. You need to consume yogurt on a daily basis to be benefited.
- Organic milk: Organic milk is the milk obtained from cows that feed on organic food. The antioxidant value of this milk is 40 to 50 times greater than the cows raised in a conventional manner. Antioxidants like vitamin e, lutein and beta carotene are present in it. Organic cheese and butter are other options you may choose.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is not only a fast and favorite snack, but it also is good in its fiber and antioxidant content. A study carried out by the university of scranton revealed that the whole grain snack foods such as popcorn have surprisingly high levels of polyphenols which have anti-cancerous properties.
- Natural sweeteners: Natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar contain good amount of anti oxidants. Darker the color of honey, greater is its antioxidant content. The non-commercial varieties of honey contain poly phenol. Adding these natural sweeteners in your dessert instead of table sugar does have some added benefit.
- Canola oil: Canola oil contains alpha-tocopherol. Alpha-tocopherol prevents the oxidation of bad cholesterol (ldl), preventing the release of free radicals. No wonder canola oil is considered to be heart-healthy oil.
How to get rid of mensuration pain and fluid the comes after finishing of mensuration that also cause pain?
Hi I have soft nipples and under that it feels like there is a lump of mass, like tumor, it's like more then 7 years, in starting period there was pain, not anymore, I was ashamed and never talk about it, I want that to be gone, what should I do?
I had sex with my grlfrnd used condom on 9th day after her period nw its one month over still she not getting periods what it seems? How to ger period now please its urgent.
Prevention of unplanned pregnancies will go a long way in improving the reproductive health of women in India. A woman faced with the prospect of an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy can, in many cases, avoid the pregnancy by using Emergency Contraception. Emergency contraceptives act as interceptive agents i.e. ovulation, fertilization or implantation` is prevented depending on the phase of menstrual cycle.
Remember, these pills are not intended as regular forms of contraception. If you are looking for a regular contraceptive, there are many options available to you. Ask your doctor to help you find one, which works best for you.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill?
Emergency contraceptive pill is a pill used by a woman after having an unprotected intercourse (sex), to prevent her from getting pregnant. It is sometimes called "the morning after pill," "the day after pill," or "morning after contraception or postcoital pill. the term ”morning after pill” is misleading; ECPs may be initiated sooner than the morning after—immediately after unprotected intercourse—or later—for at least 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. ECPs are considered 96-98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
The word “Emergency” is important to note. If you are sexually active or planning to be, don't use emergency contraception as your only protection against pregnancy. Also, emergency contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, like HIV .
When to take #ECP?
Emergency contraception offers women a last chance to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If you are not using any other contraceptive methods and you have had intercourse. The condom broke down or came off during the act. If you have missed at-least 2 or 3 of your regular birth control pills, or if you were forced to have sex.
Side effects of emergency contraception:
Side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, and fatigue. These usually do not occur for more than a few days after treatment, and they generally resolve within 24 hours. There are not much evidence of long term side effects of these medicines but there are some studies or beliefs that these pills have long term effects on the women’s body like irregular menses, mastalgia and infertility.
Effects on Pregnancy:
There have been no conclusive studies of births to women who were already pregnant when they took ECPs or following failure of ECPs
Whether to consult a doctor before taking ECP?
Not really! However if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous tubal pregnancy, it's a good idea to discuss it with your doctor when going for a health check.
When to contact a doctor after taking the ECP?
If you experience the following symptoms:
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Chest pain or shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Eye problems like blurring of vision.
• Severe leg or arm pain.
How long effect of ECP last?
The use of ECP is only for 1-2 acts of unprotected sex and that too within 72 hours, if you happen to have sex after 72 hours you should be looking for alternative and regular form of contraception.
When to expect periods after taking ECP?
Your next period may come sooner or later than expected, however most women get their period within 7 days of expected date. Your period may also be heavier or lighter than normal. If you do not get your period within 21 days or if you think you could be pregnant, get a pregnancy test done.
Does Weight Affect Emergency Contraception effectiveness?
Yes,if you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 25, it's less effective. If you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 30, it may not work at all.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#gynecologist #pregnancy #emergencycontraceptive #drjyotsnagupta #ECP #gynaecologist