Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HemalathaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I had sex with my boyfriend on June 24th. As it was unplanned, I had an ipill. It wasn't a full intercourse since he only rubbed his penis around my vagina. But, to avoid pregnancy, I preferred contraception. Now, since three days, I am experiencing a mild blood outflow. It isn't heavy. Just a little amount. But I am tensed. There is no foul smell, no itching and no pain. My next periods are scheduled for 16th July. What would be the impact on my cycle? Is there any need to have pregnancy test? What could be the root cause for this bleeding. Please guide.
I am 21 less70kgs I had intercourse with my bf had Ipill later. I have not got my periods past 4 months I checked but I am not pregnant. Doctor prescribed me Provera. But it was of no use. How do I get my regularity back. Help me Thanks.
I had unprotected sex with my gf on 26 Jan and I am not sure whether my sperms have entered into her body. What should I do now? How to detect it? Any help would be appreciated.
Excess fluids lead to abnormality and death of babies .is that true .and I want details of abnormality. My sister is carrying twins and one baby is of less Weight which doctors told that it lead to death?
There is a commonly held view that eating disorders are a lifestyle choice. Eating disorders are actually serious and often fatal illnesses that cause severe disturbances to a person's eating behaviors. Obsessions with food, body weight, and shape may also signal an eating disorder.
Signs and Symptoms of Common Eating Disorders are discussed below:
People with anorexia nervosa may see themselves as overweight, even when they are dangerously underweight. People with anorexia nervosa typically weigh themselves repeatedly, severely restrict the amount of food they eat, and eat very small quantities of only certain foods. Anorexia nervosa has the highest mortality rate of any mental disorder.
- Extremely restricted eating
- Extreme thinness (emaciation)
- A relentless pursuit of thinness and unwillingness to maintain a normal or healthy weight
- Intense fear of gaining weight
- Distorted body image, a self-esteem that is heavily influenced by perceptions of body weight and shape, or a denial of the seriousness of low body weight
Other symptoms may develop over time, including:
- Thinning of the bones (osteopenia or osteoporosis)
- Mild anemia and muscle wasting and weakness
- Brittle hair and nails
- Dry and yellowish skin
- Growth of fine hair all over the body (lanugo)
- Severe constipation
- Low blood pressure, slowed breathing and pulse
- Damage to the structure and function of the heart
- Brain damage
- Multiorgan failure
- Drop in internal body temperature, causing a person to feel cold all the time
- Lethargy, sluggishness, or feeling tired all the time
People with bulimia nervosa have recurrent and frequent episodes of eating unusually large amounts of food and feeling a lack of control over these episodes. This binge-eating is followed by behavior that compensates for the overeating such as forced vomiting, excessive use of laxatives or diuretics, fasting, excessive exercise, or a combination of these behaviors. People with bulimia nervosa usually maintain what is considered a healthy or relatively normal weight.
- Chronically inflamed and sore throat
- Swollen salivary glands in the neck and jaw area
- Worn tooth enamel and increasingly sensitive and decaying teeth as a result of exposure to stomach acid
- Acid reflux disorder and other gastrointestinal problems
- Intestinal distress and irritation from laxative abuse
- Severe dehydration from purging of fluids
- Electrolyte imbalance (too low or too high levels of sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals) which can lead to stroke or heart attack
People with binge-eating disorder lose control over his or her eating. Unlike bulimia nervosa, periods of binge-eating are not followed by purging, excessive exercise, or fasting. As a result, people with binge-eating disorder often are overweight or obese. Binge-eating disorder is the most common eating disorder.
- Eating unusually large amounts of food in a specific amount of time
- Eating even when you're full or not hungry
- Eating fast during binge episodes
- Eating until you're uncomfortably full
- Eating alone or in secret to avoid embarrassment
- Feeling distressed, ashamed, or guilty about your eating
- Frequently dieting, possibly without weight loss
Unspecified Eating Disorder:
- This happens when the behavior do not meet the criteria for any food or eating problems but still pose significant threat and problems.
- This also happens the clinician is not able to assess whether an individual is affected by a certain disorder.
Treatment is available. Recovery is possible.
Eating disorders are serious health conditions that can be both physically and emotionally destructive. People with eating disorders need to seek professional help. Early diagnosis and intervention may enhance recovery. Eating disorders can become chronic, debilitating, and even life-threatening conditions.
When you begin to notice that disordered eating habits are affecting your life, your happiness, and your ability to concentrate, it is important that you talk to somebody about what you are going through.
The most effective and long-lasting treatment for an eating disorder is some form of psychotherapy or psychological counseling, coupled with careful attention to medical and nutritional needs. Ideally, this treatment should be tailored to the individual and will vary according to both the severities of the disorder and the patient's particular problems, needs, and strengths. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I had sex with my husband 6th day of my period. I want to know when I got pregnant or which day I got pregnant. Help me.
Hi sir I am recently participated in sex with my girl friend and unexpectedly my sperm gone to her reproductive system any problem for that and may cause pregnancy? And after 3 days she eat papaya no problem for that.
Hi, as I will be travelling on my expected period start(20 days from now), and there will be hectic week ahead, I want to delay it by a week. Pl suggest something having least side effect.
Hi my wife have multiple fabroids in her uterus.....my current doctor is suggesting to remove them through laproscopy . What is your opinion. My wife is just 34 years old
Me and my girlfriend had sex twice in one night, after the first sex I didn't clean my genitals and within 30-60 minutes had unprotected sex for the second time. Both the times I ejaculated outside. She was on her last day of period. Are there any chances of her getting pregnant due to uncleaned genitals of mine?
Sir mai 20 sal ki hoon sir mai period ke 6 din me sex kiya tha or period ke pahla din se hi ghabnirdhk goli kha rhi hoo par mera dono satan foll gya hai or laharta hai kya aap hume bata skte hai Kyo ho rha hai aisha.Please tell.
Hi. I'm 14 and I'm so thin and my I have a heavy weight and I also experienced these symptoms, Nausea, breast tenderness, abdominal pain (a little) Frequent urination with a little amount of urine, hard to liquid stools, suddenly feel cold, do not have enough energy:(and Skipped period. What is this? Pls I'm worried. Cause I actually just eat breakfast in the morning, didn't eat lunch then eat dinner. I'm a filipina I'm a rice eater and I eat rice like 1 scoop. Plss help!
My vagina keeps giving a rotten kind of smell (like rotten fish). I do keep my body very clean. I shave the vagina each time I take a bath daily. Because I am a person who doesn't like it all hairy at that portion. I prefer shaving it daily. I Change my underwear thrice day'. I take bath three times in a day. Making sure that I do not use any soap to wash my vagina. I rinse my vagina with plain Luke warm water. After passing a stool daily. I again just simply rinse that portion very gently and calmly. (from back to front) (front to back) I've tried both. Nothing seems to work out for me. Can I get some useful suggestions on the same as to how to get RID of the unpleasant (vaginal) smell.
Sir I have suffering from PCOS. Please help some remedies to control my PCOS. And patanjali which can help in reducing my PCOS. My height is 5.0 and weight is 49. Doctor please give me a ayurvedic remedies to fight with this PCOS disease. Allopathy does not work good for it. I have tried it when I take the medicine I feel better my period are regular. Once I stop my Allopathy medicine again I have to face irregular periods and pain in lower abdomen. Please help.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.