Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. HemalathaYour feedback matters!
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have intestine problems and I took a lot of medicine but I see there is pain going on then what I do?
There is pain in my knee joint, but this pain is not from any hurt, it think it is due to infection of drinking borewell water, please help me how to recover from pain I am not able to fold my leg.
While running there is pain in right side after running 500m so I have to stop running. Whats the solution?
Sir I am 17 years old There is a pain occur in my knee joints in right side mostly please suggest me what I do.
I am 36 years old female I have 2 child and both are siserian after child burthi have backpain what can ido?
Sir I am doing gym for 2 years I had never any problem but on tuesday I feel some pain in my shoulder after doing my workout on Monday. My pain increases when I lift my hand up. Is there any muscle stretch or tearing of any tissue in shoulder. So what should I do?(i feel such a pain 5 days earlier then I took some tablets from chemist on his advice and I relief from that but now it started again)
I am suffering from back pain. I am not able to sleep because of the back pain. So please suggest me something.
Mere ko cervical h.Jo ki mrei nec me c3. C4.or c5 c6 me deka h is ki vajah she mere hath or pero me dard h hatho ki ungli me bharipan rehta h .or chalne me dikkat hoti h.
Hi,I am 45 year male,married having problem in right side of centre back & a bit of neck.The pain is more while getting up in morning.After morning walk and hot water bath it subsides a bit.Recently have changed pillow of thin flat size(cotton made) and I have a coir ortho bed from long time.I occur such pains at regular intervals at few months.My work is more of desk work for long hours.The pain is not severe,but quite irritating if I bend my neck to read newspaper or attend a phone call.Request some permanent solutions. Thanks.
She has been suffering for 2 months. A patient of leg pain, mainly in hough side & ankle side and feeling insensitive in those areas of body parts. Not able to walk a lot. What should we do?
I'm 49 years. Old and I have pain in left leg starts from hip joint. I consulted 5-6 doctors and they are in opinion of sciatica pain. I got mri test, xray etc. Now it is cleared that my both hip bones (ball) are damaged and it is required operation to replace ball. This pain starts form hip to bottom. Kindly advise please.
My mother is suffering from knee pain as the pain has gone very vastly her walking style has changed completely. As we can't bear knee replacement process so, is there any alternate method for her knee pain problem? Is homeopathic treatment suitable? Pls inform me.
Hello sir I am Pavan chandra working as a software engineer daily I am sitting around 8 hours since last 2 month's thats the reason for my back pain please suggest me how to solve my problem.
I want to know about ligaments. I fall down while jump I think my knee ligaments broken I can not walk properly and in xray there no such type of problem. So what should I do.
My mother aged 69 years old, c/o had sudden onset of pain in the Lt Leg in between groin while getting up in the morning followed by she could not able to get up normally and walk normally. Shown to ortho doctor and taken xray hip but everything is normal but he said it may be ligament tear or may be sprain, She is old case of osteoarthritis. With a pain she is doing her normal household activities but pain remains same. She has difficulty and pain while sitting, getting up from the chair and when she gets up from the bed. She suffering from one month. We applied siddha oil and all pain relief applications and orally she takes all the painkillers, I am totally worried What may be the cause and the treatment.
To stay healthy at work and prevent back injury, lift with bent knees and tight stomach. And hold weight close to your body. Standing or sitting tall not only improves your breathing and prevents pain - you'll look and feel better. Keep computer monitors at eye level and the keyboard and mouse at elbow level. Take breaks to stretch and relax.