Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. HemalathaYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old female, suffering from back pain in left portion, moreover feels pain in my left thigh & left leg after a walk for 1/2 km. What should I do?
Hello Dr! My mother had suffered from chikungunya about 2 months ago but still she have severe joints pain mostly in feet and sometime swelling appears on hand and foots. please suggest what to do.
In past I got hurt in left hand near the wrist which led to minor fracture to which I had consulted and was being put a fracture bandage for a month but after the removal the left hand didn't worked that efficiently and has a pain if worked hard with it.
I had c section before six weeks. But I had pain below my right rib cage since dat day. But it is regular pain. It comes only sometimes. I guess its besides stomach. And I can not sleep on I right side everyday because it hurts. Is it normal? I really do not know the exact position of the pain It also pains when I breathe deeply Is it normal?
I an 43 years old. I am suffering from back pain ocasionally(once in a week) but not regularly. Please clarify it ?
Sir my age is 19 but I am suffering from knee pain regularly. My shirts becomes heavy due to sweats. What should I do.
I am 29 years old & I have neck & backpain from continuos travelling on bike. Using relispray & jusgo; but relief for some time only. Reqd a permanent solution.
Hello doctor I am know being 27 having back pain. I use laptop but without laptop I cannot do the task. So any digonisis required to just be away from the pain.
But why there is a pain in lower backbone Aftr masturbating 2 times a week? And having leg pains n getting sweat under feet is there any solution for that how to masturbate?
I my driving so much I have a back pain so that is my problem tell me sir what I do now this is very big problem for me.
Ankle Pain From last 9 Months, (age-38 Male). (Ankle X-RAY IS OK) MRI REPORT SUMMARY AS UNDER :- 1- SUBCHONDRAL CYSTIC CHANGES SEEN AT MEDIAL AND LATERAL ASPECT OF TALAR DOME WITH ADJACENT MARROW OEDEMA AND OVERLYING chandra HYPERINTENSITY AND IRREGULARITY AS SUGGESTIVE OF STAGE-IIA OSTEOCHONDRAL INJURY OF TALUS. 2- NO EVIDENT SEPARATION OF THE OSTEOCHONDRAL FRAGMENT OR LOOSE BODY FORMATION 3- MILD ANKLE JOINT EFFUSION 4- NO EVIDENT OF LIGAMENT SPRAIN OR TENDON TEAR. THANKS.
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- an increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- a cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- if the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- for body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course.
I have a severe pain in my upper knees since I was pf 12. I have taken treatment of several cardiologist but gained nothing. Please suggest.
A shoulder dislocation is a shoulder injury which is characterized by the upper arm bone popping out of the socket of your shoulder blade. The shoulder joint is the most mobile among all the joints in the body, making it the most prone to dislocation. The dislocation of the shoulder joint can either be partial or complete depending on the injury. In a partial dislocation, the head of the upper arm is partially shifted out of the socket whereas in a complete dislocation, the head comes out of the socket in its entirety.
The symptoms of shoulder dislocation are:
Swelling or bruising of the affected area.
Excruciating pain in the shoulder region.
Mobility of the joint is greatly reduced.
Apart from these symptoms, there may be tingling, numbness and weakness in the affected region.
There can be multiple ways in which a shoulder can be dislocated because of its ability to move and swing in all the directions. The fibrous tissues that connect the bones of your shoulder may also get stretched or torn. These injuries occur due to a sudden blow or a strong force exerted on the shoulder joint.
It is caused by:
Trauma to the Shoulder Joint: Hard blows to the shoulder joint such as one suffered from a vehicle accident can lead to shoulder dislocation.
Sports Injuries: In contact sports such as hockey and football, the sudden forceful contractions of the shoulder region may lead to dislocation of the shoulder.
Falls: Tripping or falling from an elevated place and landing on the shoulder can cause shoulder joint dislocation.
The treatments for shoulder dislocation are –
Medication: Medications such as pain relievers can be prescribed by the doctor to reduce pain.
Surgery: Surgery of the shoulder joint can help in treating chronic shoulder dislocations. Surgery is also required if the blood vessels or the nerves along the shoulder joint are damaged.
- Immobilization: This process involves attaching a sling or a splint to the affected area to prevent it from moving. This allows the shoulder joint to heal and recuperate faster.