Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Harish SomasundaramYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, she is age 42. And she is take high BP medicine (enwas 5 mg) then now my mom right hand is very painful so what s the reason?
I am 48 yrs and reduced 10 kg wt by exercises in last 3 months. Everything is fine including my lft kft blood urine thyroid tests but my bp is constantly 105/155-160. Why so. Does exercises have some correlation with this increased bp.
Hi doc I feel like there is something wrong with my heart in the beat. I feel like its beating more. When I do a brisk walk in treadmill it's going around 125-127. When I do trivial physical task it's going upto 100. How can I assess my heart health. No bad habits I have.
The World Heart Federation have found that HEART DISEASE and STROKES are the World's leading cause of death, killing 17.1 million people every year- that's more than victims of cancer, HIV and Malaria
FACTORS WHICH TRIGGER HEART DISEASE AND THREATEN OUR OWN LIVES, AND THOSE OF LOVED ONES ARE…
# Lack of exercise,
# Unhealthy diets
# High blood pressure,
#High glucose levels are all give your body a right fuel..
KEEP YOUR HEART HEALTHY AND FIT BY HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AND FOOD HABITS..
• Quit smoking & limit alcohol
• Manage Blood pressure, cholesterol & sugar
• Maintain healthy weight
• Get more active
• Get timely medical check ups esp after 30"s
• Eat a well balanced and healthy diet
• Stay Calm.. avoid stress
Let's take pledge to eat well, healthy and wholesome and your heart will really thank you for that..
Take care..Shreni's DIET CLINIC
I am 20 year old suffering from constipation and gastric problem. And also feeling heavier chest and some pain in chest.
I was patients of high bp last year but in last six month my bp is in under control. When I was suffering from high till time I am feeling my stomach is bouncing continuously like pulse. I want to know is it normal or not ya I need any checkup. Some time I feel heavy heavy pulse around 110 when I drunk ya when I using stairs. Stomach bouncing make me iritet.
Hello sir good afternoon I wanna know about Dyspnea disease what is it? And is there any treatment of it? My friend is suffering from this problem. She is Gasping from doing a little thing .so please tell me sir this is serious problem or it may be solve from some treatment. Please suggest me sir. And also tell which type of diet we should follow for her. Thanks.
i had gone through ptca 2 yrs back and my doctor prescribed me Atocor 80,Asprin75, OD at bed time & Metolar 5oxl ,Ramipres 2.5 in the morning. my morning BP is 80 -115 pulse arround 70. How long this treatment should be continued with same dosage strength .Plz advice.Thanks
Please suggest me a drug to use with nebulizer for my father who is 85 years old and have frequent coughs and have low heart beats (45-50)/
I would like to ask, frequently my wife getting her BP low, she feel very restless and strength less, What would b the reason for low BP always What all things I can do for preventing Pls advice accordingly Thank you soo much.
I am suffered by dry cogh what should I do to cure it And there also have pain in my chest please tell me.
Im 43 male, my blood pressure is 135/95 please advice me on whether I should start medicines or is there natural way to control it? Shall I visit the dietitian? Your inputs please.
I am a man of 51 years old. I am living at chennai. My hdl cholesterol has been around the level of 35 only for the last ten years. Kindly advise me how I can increase the same.
What is it?
- heart attack or angina-typical chest pain occurs when one or more blood vessels of heart get blocked and heart's own blood supply stops- heart muscle suffers of oxygen and nutrition deficit and gets damaged or dies!
What are the symptoms?
- a severe chest pain like some one stabs in your chest with a knife. Some people feel severe compression or heaviness in chest. Pain of heart attack can also be felt in left side of body like- in left hand, shoulder, lower jaw etc.
Associated symptoms are- breathlessness, heavy perspiration, nausea, vomiting etc.
As soon as you find these symptoms. Just rush to nearest hospital.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
Hello, My father have age of 56. He gone yesterday for regular checkup and Dr. found ECG report was not ok. Dr. done ECHO and TROP I test which was very normal. Dr. suggest not to worry and continue with med and precautions. Today my father have a little bit pain in their chest but yesterday his reports was normal. Is it an issue or Dr. is right or he can continue with his medicines. Please help doctor.
How can I get my blood pressure in control I have problem for low blood pressure. This will help me to get fit and fine.
Following Simple Healthy Heart Ways can help you keep heart disease at bay:
1. Drink at least 8-12 glasses of water a day, depending on your body weight.
2. Get your fill of essential fatty acids - raw nuts and/or seeds are a good source of Omega-3 and Omega-6. These are essential because humans can’t manufacture them within the body.
3. Eat high-quality proteins. Seafood, eggs, beans, chicken, mutton etc are excellent sources. Vegetarians can and obtain Proteins from grains, sprouted grains, raw nuts and raw seeds esp. soya.
4. Walk at least 30 minutes every day. Exercise is good, but walking is amazing.
5. Keep body weight, blood pressure, blood sugar and lipids under control.
However, if you are already facing heart problem, consider non-invasive and non-surgical treatments such as Artery Clearance Therapy (ACT) / Chelation therapy and External Counter Pulsation (ECP) options, before stents or bypass surgery.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.