Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harish Somasundaram
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Harish SomasundaramYour feedback matters!
I am not comfort I have slow chest pain continues im taken aspirin tab my cholesterol levels value total-236 hdl- 34 ldl- 179.
I am 58 year old male weighing 75 kgs. I have a very regular life style with simple eating habits. I do not eat junk food, nor do I eat outside food. Daily morning I walk for 30 mins. Some light yogic exercises follow. Since last 15 years my breakfast is only fresh fruits, nothing else. My lunch is 4 chapattis with sabji & lot of salads. No dal. Dinner consists of simple single dish preparations like Moog dal khichdi, Dalia, Biryani, etc. I do not have any problems of BP, Diabetes, cholesterol etc. All my reports of Blood, Urine, Lipid Profile etc are normal. I had a deficiency of Vit. D3 for which I have just completed the 8 week course of Tab. Uprise 60K. Since last 15 days I have observed that I have slight swelling on both my ankle areas. When pressed, it leaves a dent in the area. It does not pain, but I want to know the reason for this swelling. I have a nagging doubt that I am not eating enough proteins & may be having protein deficiency. Please advice.
I am 48 year male residing in coimbatore my blood TGL level is 215 and other cholesterol levels are normal, what medication or treatment is required for bringing TGL to normal.
I am male, 66 years old and having burning, itching, occasional pain sensation on my right chest and straight on my back side. Some object moves at regular intervals of two to three hours on the back side right shoulder. I am a diabetic and taking regular medicines. Please advise me the cause for this sensation and remedies - drugs etc.
I am a 42 year old male from tamil nadu. I am suffered by diabetes and blood pressure for the past 3 years. My ppbs is around 270 mg per dl. My bp level is around 140 / 90. Kindly advise me.
Hi, Mom aged about 64 years, two months back she got hit by bike on chest, from past one week she got swelling on that area and her sugar shoot up to 550. Kindly suggest on this matter. I will be very grateful to you.
Hello Sir, Nowadays I'm suffering from high BP (130/90 or sometime 140/92. Sir what drug should I taken, will better Aten 25/50. I also have hypothyroidism (eltroxin 25 mcg) my age is 25 yrs.
Sometimes I feel that breath I take, does not go in properly. During such times, its uncomfortable to eat & work as usual. Only thing I can do is staying on a bed & trying to take deep breaths. Please reply as soon as possible Would be happy to receive multiple number of responses.
When there is a person with the chronic condition, it is not just that person who is affected, but the near and dear ones as well. When heading out for a dinner or when planning a gathering, there would be certain things that need to be accounted for and considered to accommodate the needs of the affected person. These very soon become a way of life and can be done effortlessly.
The following are some things to bear in mind when living with a heart patient.
- Diet: Heart patients would have some dietary preferences based on the heart condition per se. This may include a need for more whole grains and vegetables, need for specific types of oils, specific cooking methods, etc. At home, it is essential to ensure these things are always stocked up. When heading out, whether it is to visit someone or out for a meal, take into account whether these would be available. The next best option should be kept in mind so that dietary intake is not affected. Gradually, with time, substitutes can be identified with which they could manage in most places.
- Medications: Make sure the medication kit is always readily available. Make sure the person does not miss any medications, whether at home or outside. Ensure the regular medicines are in stock and some common emergency ones are also readily available.
- Routine: Whether it is their morning walk or yoga or meditation, it is better to stick to the routine as much as possible. The person also should learn to adapt based on circumstances; however, to the maximum extent possible, these should be continued without major interruption.
- Monitoring: Be it blood pressure, sugar levels or weight, these need to be monitored regularly and any deviations should be brought to the notice of the doctor immediately.
- Other equipment: Whether it is a walker, inhaler, or a wheelchair, these should be functional and available. The home or the living place should not be cluttered to allow for the easy use of this equipment.
While these may initially require some effort, with time, it would just happen naturally. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!