Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harikrishna
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. HarikrishnaYour feedback matters!
I have constipation due to that I feel uneasy till I pass motion that too with difficulty. My mouth tastes differently. Kindly help me so that I can pass the motion normally and taste of my mouth gets better. I have BP problem for that I am taking Lodoz -5 as prescribed by doctor.
When we are diagnosed with high cholesterol levels, we straight away start popping pills. Having high cholesterol levels does not mean we are ill, it means that we are not eating right.
By changing our dietary habits and staying away from processed and fat rich food, we can keep our cholesterol levels in check. Here are some indian foods that help in lowering the cholesterol levels:
Methi seeds are rich in a compound called saponins that reduce cholesterol absorption from food. They also help in lowering the production of cholesterol in the body
How to use:
Roast methi seeds till they turn brown. Make a powder from the roasted seeds. And add one spoon of powder to a glass of to warm water and have it daily
Garlic, contains allicin which helps lower total cholesterol, bad cholesterol and triglycerides. It also prevents fat deposition within blood vessels.
How to use:
Crush 2- 3 garlic cloves and add them to a glass of water. Take it empty stomach every morning.
Onions are rich sources of antioxidants. They also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels in the body.
How to use
Add sliced onion to your daily salads regularly
Walnuts are rich sources of mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids and help in reducing cholesterol levels. They also help in keeping blood vessels healthy
How to use
Take a handful of walnuts (40g) daily. You can add them to breakfast cereals, fruit salads or take them as a snack. Make sure the walnuts are not salted or sugar coated.
Flax seeds also called linseed or alsi are packed with omega 3 fatty acids. They are rich in fiber that binds to cholesterol and decreases its absorption from foods. Flax seeds also help in increasing good cholesterol levels.
How to use:
Grind the seeds into a fine powder. Add one teaspoon of this powder to water and have it first thing in the morning daily. You can also sprinkle a spoonful of flax seeds to breakfast cereals, chutnies or salads.
How to know your a heart is weak or it can cause heart attacks I have right side chest pr left chest pain quickly & severely come & goes can it cause for gas or stress? Or can chronic stress cause chest pain?
I am a 24 years old male. But my chest is bigger than other people and I have a chest pain. Other parts of my body are normally fit. What should I do?
My Wife's heart beat is around 90 to 100 per minute in normal state when she walks it is around 120, she is diabetic and has cholesterol as well. Is it normal, should I take some steps.
Sir, m 21 years old. In ECG my first degree av block (PR 228). And echo cardiograph and lipik profile are normal. Many time my heart beat more then 110/ minute. And in night many time slow less 65. Im very upset. Many time heart beats missing. please what can I do? And it is serious problem or not. Thanks.
I am 26 year old male and I have recently been diagnosed with higher blood pressure on left side of my body compared to the right side. I am curious about what could be the possible cause and remedy for this problem.
I had heart attacks in 2000 and 2008. Now on medical management, using diabetic medicines amaryl2, janumet50/1000, ecosprin 75, seloken xl50, telvas half of 40 mg. Rozvat20. I used to drink 180 ml alcohol daily. Three months ago 2 d echo showed heart pumping is weak 30%. I stopped alcohol. Morning walking 30mts. Bp is normal. My task is to improve pumping. My age is 63. All other reports are ok. Shal I include any other medicines or .how increase Pumping. Sometimes I feel missing pulse.
While heart attacks are commonly experienced by men and women, the symptoms experienced by them are different. Symptoms of a heart attack in women are much more subtle as compared to signs of a heart attack when experienced by men.
Many women even compare the symptoms of a heart attack to the flu or acid reflux. Hence it is important to be able to recognize the symptoms of a heart attack and be able to distinguish them from symptoms of other less fatal conditions.
Some of the characteristic symptoms of a heart attack that a woman should look out for are:
- Discomfort or chest pain: Chest pain is one the characteristic symptoms of a heart attack but this is not experienced in the same way by me and women. While men may feel pain in the left side of their chest, women can feel pain in any part of their chest. This may be accompanied by a feeling of the chest being squeezed in a vise.
- Pain in the jaw, neck, arms and back: Men consider pain in the chest and left arm to be a symptom of a heart attack but women can experience this pain in their jaw and back as well. This pain can develop gradually or come on suddenly. It may also wax and wane before it becomes intense. In some cases, this pain can even wake you up from a deep sleep. Hence, do not ignore any unexplained pains in the upper part of your body.
- Stomach ache: A stomach ache is one of the most subtle signs of a heart ache. This may feel similar to that caused by heartburn or a stomach ulcer. It may also feel like a great weight is on your stomach.
- Shortness of breath: Feeling lightheaded or having trouble breathing even when you are not exerting yourself could be a sign of a heart attack. At times this could also make you feel like throwing up. This symptom is usually also accompanied by one of the other more characteristic symptoms of a heart attack.
- Excessive sweating: Perspiration as a symptom of a heart attack is not the same as perspiration caused by exercise. When sweat is a symptom of a heart attack, it is more of a cold sweat that can be compared to the sweat caused by stress. If you do not sweat heavily but suddenly find yourself sweating excessively, you should not ignore it but consult a cardiologist immediately.
- Tiredness: Feeling tired even when you haven’t exerted any energy can be a sign of a heart attack. Sometimes, this fatigue can be so much that it can keep a woman from even moving from the chair to the bed.
It is therefore advised to not ignore any above-mentioned symptoms and see a doctor immediately; stay healthy and stay happy!