Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. HariYour feedback matters!
My dad is suffering from sinus for quite a few years now and he hasn't had a surgery of sorts but has been taking remedies it has reduced in the past few months but in the last few days its really increased allot in fact worse than before could you please help him in getting back to normal plus he has been suffering from fever in these mentioned days?
सर/मेडम मुझे 5-7 दिन से गले में काफी दर्द हो रहा है।कुछ भी खाता हूं तो बहुत दर्द होता है।पानी भी पिता हु तो दर्द होता है। सुबह सुबह कफ भी ज्यादा निकलता है। कृपया मदद कीजिये
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of your throat. The tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. This is a contagious condition and can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of bad breath and tenderness in the lymph nodes.
- Recurrent tonsillitis: This is a form of acute tonsillitis which repeats itself over a year.
Causes: Tonsils prevent various virus and bacteria from entering the body through the mouth by producing antibodies. The tonsils, however, may become vulnerable to these infections. A virus that causes common cold or the bacteria that causes strep throat may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various viruses that may cause tonsillitis are:
- Herpes simplex virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Influenza virus
- Parainfluenza virus
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- A sore throat
- The sore throat may result in bad breath
- You may experience fever and chills
- Pain in the head, ear and stomach
- You may experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Changes in voice
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics and in some cases, tonsillectomy. The antibiotics help in getting rid of the bacterial infection. Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature. It is important that you drink fluids and restrict smoking to prevent tonsillitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
I am suffering from nose bleeding I take lot of medicine but they are not able to relief me. Please suggest me some medicine.
I have got tonsil and feeling pain little pain in my throat. I don't know how it happened but not getting cured since past three days. I am taking medicine from past 2 days but still not decreased. Please suggest what to do.
Hi, I m 25 yrs old girl, I have loss my sense of smell from past 10 years and having sneezing problem continuously 7 to 10 times during waking up and after taking bath and at evening time, continuously water following from nose & eyes also nose block at sneezing time, please advise me how I can get sense of smell with also well!
I am having pain in my throat, back muscle pain, pain behind eyes, headache n feeling exhauster. Does I have dengue fever. I have been to doctor here near me, (government hospital) they give me some ciprofloxacin tablet, chloroquine tablet paracetamol n something like famotidi. N cetrizine. N written test for malaria. But I cant tested for that bcoz it was closed. So doctor I want to know that I am suffering from n what should I do. Thanks a lot.
I have throat problem like when I take spicy foods its could affect after few hours my thoar is feel like fire how to solve this?
I have pupl polyp maybe. Is there any treatment for it? Can it be due to bacterial infection or hiv? I had oral sex 8 months ago. I got tested for stds and hiv regularly till 6 months. All came negative. Why do I have this then?
If a person is hiv positive if he take treatment will he clear the disease n become a hiv negative patient again. If not possible how many ears he can live. What are the secret ways n cost for treatment.
I'm 25 year old and my weight is 83 kg and height about 5.7' ft having snoring problems what may be the reason and what should I do for it?
When my mom wake up, in the early morning. Some ML. Of blood comes out of her nose. Sometimes she vomit and a bit amount of blood comes out. We go to civil hospital and described whole problem, they say it is due to the blood which accumulated in her brain when she sleeping. And in morning the accumulated blood comes out from nose and mouth. They gave some medicines but there's no effect on her problem. What to do and can you sir/mam describe me wht is this.
I have ear problem I can't listen a small voice what can I do? I have this problem for last 6 months is there any solution for me? Please give a solution.
Hi, I am 14 weeks pregnant,I am suffering from throat infection, I am afraid to take antibiotics tablets at this time. Kindly tell me the home remedies to get rid of this early with out any harmful to me and baby.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.