Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Halprashanth D SYour feedback matters!
I am age 40yrs. Male. Had back pain 2 years back but doctor advised for week rest and some medicine, x-ray taken said lower spinal had some issues like bone getting loose, advised for routine exercise and if pain not reduced go for traction or surgery in age 52, but pain reduced and could work and also health 100% o. K. But last year i. E in august 2015 got same pain doctor in udupi advised for 10 days bed rest and said slip-disc issue some medicines, but during medication with pain I used to get numbness in my left foot and also numbness and giddiness in head. But it gradually reduced after 15 days. But till date I am not 100% ok, I get numbness in left leg thumb and heaviness in left thighs for some days and even pain in front and backside above thighs pain. So can you please advise me any test that it would give me the actual reason of pain and even any medications to cure this disease.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am a 36 year old lady mother of two kids, often I have server head ache and migraine. The pain is too much and I can not bear it . I had consume tab combiflam ,for the head ache. There is no other problem except the skipping of periods. Further after my second kid I had done my tubuctomy also. Please advise what I should do whom to consult. What is the remedy.
My mother had migraine problem since last 15 years. Now this problem is going very major. Doctors said do spinal fluid test. After this test,will there be any problems?
What are medicines of migraine pain killer and its uses and disadvantages. How much amounts of it consumes in a day.
I am a diabetic patient since 10 years. My problem is numbness in hands and foot. any permanent cure?
I am epilepsy patient. I am taking valparin chrono 300 mg in morning and 500 mg in evening. Since 2 and a half years. thankfully I didnt get any seizure since then. Till when should I continue my medications.
My husband is having a migraine problem. In the high pain he takes zolmist spray. He takes the same almost once a day. Please advise is this the right medicine for the same.
I am a female age 40 years. I have ant crawl feeling in my right palm & numbness in the whole right hand along with right shoulder paining from last so many years, please tell me the medicines, I will be thankfull to you.
I am 23 years male, suffering from migraine headache from last 3 yrs, used many medicines, but no use till, is there any solution to avoid those pains. Pls help me sir.
Hi, I am 40 year old female and living in arkansas, us. I am hoping to find a solution for my problem. I am having tremor on my left hand which started very slightly a year ago. It increased very gradually and people started noticing nowadays. Not only tremor, but lack of strength and slow response on my left hand. Simple household activities are getting slow and hard. Also have a small bunion and hammer toe on my left leg. I don't wear heels or pointed shoes. Nothing wrong on my right side yet. I had a brain mri, neck mri and ncv testing so far as per doctor's suggestion. All of them looks normal. Doctors saying it may be parkinson after many years and he can give me medication right now for my tremor if its bothering me. This is my situation right now. I am working full time and the tremor is uncomfortable to deal with. The hammer toe bothers me as well as the toes are bent. Would you be please able to help me? or refer to someone who can? I am looking forward for your reply. Thanks.
Hello. I am having problem with head. I have some times severe headache. Sometimes I feel very unconscious. Also I have low eye sight. Some symptoms like migraine. What can I do.
I am 21 years old. My hands always shiver whenever I pick up something which Is not so heavy also. What problems do I have and what is the solution.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS