Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. H.ShylajaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old I have missed my period suggest any tablets which will help me in getting my periods.?
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately. In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
- Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation. Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
- Intrauterine insemination: In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the most fertile period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days. Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
- In vitro fertilization: This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.
My wife is 7 months pregnant. i do sex with her everyday. Is it ok or it would have problem in pregnancy? Please advise.
Spine problems often cause pain in the most random body parts. Then you start treating other diseases, but, of course, there is no effect.
This is why it is highly important to pay attention to the spine.
If you feel back pain, you can tell which part of the spine is affected by noticing anomalies, thus pointing problems related to a certain organ.
This infographic will help you learn how organs are skillfully linked the spine:
70% of headache occur from the spine.
Tinnitus, difficulty when swallowing, vision problems – all this can be a consequence of intervertebral disc dysfunction.
If you feel tingling or pain in your hands, check your spine in the neck area.
Problems with chest part of the spine can cause pain in the area of the heart, stomach and intestines.
Problems with the lumbar spine can be manifested as pain in the hips, thighs, reducing sensitivity in the legs, as well as walking.
Accordingly, treatment and strengthening the spine can help you get rid of the problems with other organs.
My wife is losing weight after pregnancy (now baby is one&half year old). Doctors advice us if you stop breastfeeding; you'll gain reasonable weight. Is it true?
My period usually comes on 11th. I had an unprotected sex on 8th july (just before 3-4 days early from my next period). I took unwanted 72 after some hrs. But, my period is missing from 2 weeks. I took pregnancy check from prega news 2 times in last three days. Every times two different colours appears. I am pregnant or not? Now, what should I do?
I am a 27 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. In the month of December I got my periods on 4th dec, then on 6th january and then 12th February. For the month of march till date I didn't have periods. What are the chances of conceiving. Since last 10 days I am pain in my stomach like same of the period pain. Also for the last three days I am having nausea feeling after every meal. Also I feel hungry after 1 or 2 hrs of evry meal. What the chances and what should I do.
I recently got married . But this is my wife second marriage. She has got one daughter from her first husband. Now we are planning to have a baby of both of us. But I have a doubt. If I will insert my sperm inside her , will it cause HiV virus to me. As she was sexually active with her First husband. If I do sex with her and insert my sperm in her will it lead to HiV.
I am 28 years old suffering from wheat allergy from last 3 years & pregnant by this month. What should I do. Is pregnancy possible & is there any affect of this on my child.?
I was wrongly advised to take ROSVAS 50 mg for 1 month. I was hospitalized for 10 days due to decline of WBC, PLATELETS & HAEMOGLOBIN. I was discharged 1 month back. But still there is fluctuation in the counts like sudden fall of platelets, from 3, 48, 000 to 1, 18, 000. In the long run will I face any major or minor problems?
I am a 27 years old female. I am constantly suffering from irregular menstrual cycle. I have consulted many doctors but all in vein. Kindly suggest me what should I do ?
I am suffering from fever from last one year four months and twenty nine days, and I had heavy headache during this period, so please inform me what to do?
I had pregnancy and have a six months old baby but didn't get periods till now what should I do? Is that anything serious.
Hello Doctor.. I'm 27 year female. I'm 6 weeks pregnant now. I had a baby with hereditary sensory neuropathy.. He was died at his 4th month of age. I had karotyping, exome sequencing. Before pregnancy. Now wat should I do. Shall I do cvs. please sujjest me. I'm in full stress.. Does any other tests shall I do.
Jaundice is a medical condition, which is characterized by the yellow coloring of the skin and eyes. It generally occurs when there is an excess of bilirubin in your system. Bilirubin is a yellow pigment formed in the liver by the breakdown of red blood cells. It normally gets discharged by the liver along with other dead red blood cells. So if you are suffering from jaundice, it usually indicates that you have some serious problems regarding the functioning of your liver, pancreas, or gallbladder.
Signs and symptoms:
Signs and symptoms commonly associated with jaundice include:
- Yellow-tinted eyes and skin
- The whites of your eyes may turn orange or brown in color
- Dark urine
- Pale stools
- High fatigue and vomiting (in severe cases)
Jaundice, as mentioned above, occurs when there is an excess of bilirubin and the liver is incapable of metabolizing it along with the old red blood cells. It is more common in infants than in adults, because their livers are not fully developed. However, it is also a frequent occurrence in adults and could be a potential sign of any of the following problems:
- Liver infection
- Scarring of the liver, or cirrhosis
- Alcohol abuse
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Blood disorders, like hemolytic anemia
- Parasites in the liver
- Abnormal reactions to or overdose of medication
Diagnostic tests may include:
- Jaundice is diagnosed primarily by taking blood tests, to help measure the amount of bilirubin as well as to trace the presence of other diseases like Hepatitis.
- Liver function tests in order to make comparisons between levels of certain proteins and enzymes when the liver is in good shape and when it is damaged.
- Liver biopsies, where samples of liver tissue are first extracted and later examined under a microscope.
- Imaging studies, consisting of abdominal ultrasounds, computed tomography scans and magnetic resonance images (MRI) tests.