Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. H.ShylajaYour feedback matters!
I am on regular combined birth control pill Crisanta. I have been taking it since two months and took two packets back to back without giving any break of 7 pill free days. I did not have sex on the first pack. On the second pack I had sex 3 times once I used unwanted 72 and two times condom along with regular birth control pill. I take my birth control same time everyday without fail. I was on pill free days from 1st to 7 th of April. I got my periods on 4th. Firstly it was brown discharge. Then from 5th I started having bleeding with clots. I got my bleeding fully till 7th. We were in undergarments when we had sex and my boyfriend ejaculated on the upper side of panties. We were in undergarments all time and I was also having periods so I was also wearing a pad. I started my birth control from 8th but nevertheless I did not want to take chances Nd took unwanted 72 within 45 hours. And I am also taking birth control. After taking unwanted 72 I bled a little thats Sunday. On Monday night I am having little bit brown discharge and little pink discharge. I had sex then 3 times buy with condoms and taking my birth control without fail. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hi, I want to ask question about my pregnant wife. She is pregnant 5th month is running. Can we have sex during Pregnancy.
Hello Dr. recently i got married i want baby but many try my wife not get pregnancy what i have to do please advice Thanks
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- They should have oranges and its juice as much as possible. It is rich in Vitamin C and folic acid. It also contains potassium which lowers one’s blood pressure, which might be one of the key concerns during pregnancy. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.
I got married recently . I am having sex with my wife continuously for 22 days from 3 days before her period came but still she doesn't got pregnant and her period got delayed by 10 days. What is the reason she dosent got pregnant and also delayed period. She had a pain relieve medicine during her periods.
My age is now 29 & wife age is 27. We already have one baby boy. His DOB is: 27-2-2012. During birth he is been to Hypoxia & now he is suffering from Cerebral Palsy. We are planning for another baby. Now we have done few tests like HIV 1&2, CBC, VDRL, HPLC, Sugar, Hepatitis B & C, CMV (IgG, etc. All tests come normal apart from CMV (IgG) ie 30.10 which seems reactive. Can you please specify what is this. Also is there is any medicine to make it non-reactive? Is this cause anything on our new born baby? Please provide us some details with solution.
I am 23 years old. I am having periods irregularities from the past two months and this time my periods have been missed from 15 days. I need help to cure my problem kindly suggest me something for this.
My question is recently I got married about 50 days ago I had daily intercourse with my wife 2-3 times a day. Now she is pregnant but I still having intercourse with her. Now I heard having a intercourse with pregnant women will effect the baby. Is it true or not. Please give me perfect information about it. And also suggest what kind of treatment should be better for her. Thanks.
Describe briefly about how we get healthy baby in one's married life without failure in their first attempt?
I'm 18 year old female. My height is 5'3 and weight is 60kg. I do not eat junk food. And I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. Need to lose weight. Suggest some diet plan and exercises.
I am 22 yr old, I got abortion 2 time. 1st time it gone naturally 2nd time baby don' t have heart beat so doctor said to remove. I want to get baby please tell me what to do?
Hi doc, I have a pcod prob because of which I am gaining weight wen I have done all d tests done everything was fine I even Do not have a thyroid problem please help me to get my weight down.
A certain psychiatric condition, which causes a person to be functionally impaired in social and occupational settings is known as Impulse Control Disorder. Most of you are granted with the ability to think before you act but it isn't the case for people suffering with such a condition. People diagnosed with this condition are not able to withstand the urge to do something detrimental to themselves or other people.
This condition is similar to other disorders such as kleptomania, compulsive gambling and pyromania to name a few. Although people suffering from this disorder do not plan their acts, the acts they do perform generally fulfill their conscious wishes. Other disorders of such similar nature like Kleptomania and ADHD, which are associated with difficulty in controlling impulses but that is not their chief feature. Patients of impulse control disorder find it highly distressful and are hence often seen to lose control of their actions and consequently their lives.
What causes this disorder?
Some medical practitioners are of the opinion that this disorder is a subgroup of other conditions, such as stress, anxiety, OCD and etc. Scientists and researchers are not particularly sure what causes this condition but have determined that it can be caused due to a combination of physiological, emotional and psychological factors pertaining to cultural and societal aspects. Also, certain brain structures linked to emotions and memory functions in and around the frontal lobe are linked to planning functions and impulses.
Some studies show that certain hormones such as testosterone which are associated with aggression and violence may also play a role in forming such disorder. Aggressive and violent behaviors are apparent in people suffering from this disorder. Certain studies have shown a connection between certain forms of seizure disorders and aggressive impulsive behaviors.
People with such disorders are also more likely to contract addiction and mood disorders. Antidepressants are usually prescribed in treating such disorders.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control.
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.