Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gyana BalanYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Most children dislike dentists and will make any excuse to not visit them until the pain of a cavity becomes too much to bear. A cavity can be described as a hole in the tooth caused by tooth decay. Cavities affect people of all ages, but are most commonly experienced by children. Cavities can affect both milk teeth and permanent teeth. The good news is that cavities can be easily prevented. Here are a few tips.
- Pregnant women and mothers can transfer cavity germs to the children. Thus, the first step to preventing cavities in children is for mothers to practice good oral habits by brushing and flossing daily along with a healthy diet. Visit a dentist regularly and get your teeth and gums properly cleaned and examined.
- Do not encourage your child to drink juices, sodas or other artificially sweetened drinks. When your child is an infant, do not fill his bottle with anything other than milk or water. Also, do not put your child to sleep with a bottle of milk or anything other than water. Once your child has brushed his teeth at the end of the day, he should have nothing with sugar in it. This is because saliva production decreases while sleeping and without enough saliva, teeth cannot protect themselves against mouth acids.
- Limit snacking between meals. This prevents the buildup of acids in the mouth and gives the mouth enough time to repair itself without causing damage to tooth enamel. Give your child a healthy, well-balanced diet. A diet rich in calcium, phosphorus, and proteins will help build strong teeth. Instead of sugary snacks, give your child let your child snack on fruits, vegetables, yogurt, cheese, nuts etc.
- Teeth can be cleaned as soon as they appear. Teach your child to brush their teeth twice a day with a pea-sized amount of a fluoride-based toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush your teeth along with your child to teach them the proper way of brushing and build a healthy habit.
- Get your child’s teeth regularly checked by a dentist. The dentist will be able to identify early signs of cavities that you may have missed along with other dental problems that may increase your child’s risk of cavities. He will also be able to check the growth and development of your child’s teeth. A child’s first dental visit should be before he celebrates his first birthday. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
My baby had gastritis last week. Now no vomiting but still he is not eating anything now. Rest things are normal like poop and all. I am worried his health. He is one year old. Please help. Me.
I am 32 yes old and having 5 months baby boy. He is having loose motion since 3 days. Have started with econorm powder one sachet per day since yest. Today when he passed stools I could see blood stains. Can you pls suggest me what should be my next step since I can meet my podiatrist only by tomorrow.
My baby is 4 months old. My milk is not sufficient for my baby. Can you suggest me the food to increase the production of my milk.
My kid is 8 months old, he got mouth ulcer past 3 days. His tongue turned white colour and not able to suck milk also from feeding bottle. Please suggest medicines for it and dosage to use.
My child is 8 years old. He has been suffering from allergy since babihood. Now he has been little bit recovered. But for the last 3 months he feels irritation in his throat causing cough continuously. After taking ascoril LS several times, it reduces but in the last week he had a fever with the same cough. Though his fever has been over but he still continuously coughing and reporting that his throat is being irritated, though he has been taking now Cherilos as cough syrup. What should I do to stop his irritation, pls advise.
My wife is 8 months pregnant and suffering from thyroid And my baby growth is not much as good as normal baby growth. So, suggest me something. And Eating mango is good in thyroid and pregnancy suggest me also.
My nephew is 3 years old and she hardly weighs 5 kg. She early can speak few words. I did consult so many child specialist but outcome is not that much so which investigation should I do or what kind of specialist should I consult?
Is par curable? my son (5year old) has mild asthma but allergic rhinites all the year. Doctors of allopathy said if it is not cured asthma will not go. They have given mometasone nasal spray and montec lc for one month. The problem is that after the course of montec lc is completed ar comes back despite the constant use of mometasone. What should I do? I have tried Ayurveda medicine (prescription medicine) without effect.
My 4 month old daughter is doing 5-6 stools coming out in form of bubbles and usually greenish yellow in colour sometimes with mucus is this any sort of infection as its been a month gvng her medicines.
I'm 23 yrs old male. I having gynaecomastia. I have memory problems.I'm facing difficulties in communication with other persons. I have lack of confidence in doing any task. My mood also changes frequently. I'm facing severe depression from last 7 years. And my behaviour is similer with ADHD. I read lot of meterial related to depression , ADHD, bipolar disorder and also klinefelter. I'm fearing that I have klinefelter so please give me instructions about to whom I should refer & which tests to be made for diagnosis.
Hi, My 7 years old baby just had 2 sittings of a root canal treatment. He has been given a temporary filling yesterday. But now the gum just below that same tooth is swollen and it is painful. What should I do for immediate relief?
My 5.5 years old daughter often wets her beds while sleeping. Sometimes she is unable to hold her urine while sleeping in day time. What are effective ways to overcome from this? Thanks.
Teeth sensitivity due to exposed dentin or fractured enamel is common during winters. Don't neglect these symptoms. Very often these are early signs of severe dental problems.