Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj RaoYour feedback matters!
Sir I am having pirea in my teeth and daily while doing brush blood comes out from gums so please tell me anything to cure this?
I have a small spaces eg: 0.5 to 1 mm between my teeth both on left and right sides. How can make remove the spaces with out any braces. Please advise a good solution?
I am having pain at end of my right lower jaw near the right ear. Could you please suggest any medication for this?
Titanium is considered to have an affinity with bones and also when the new cells grow they attach to the post, thereby, making a strong bond. It is for this reason, the metal is used in dental implants.
Dental implants are titanium posts, which resemble the root of the tooth. These posts are embedded on the jawbone below the gums. This makes it easy to place missing bridge or teeth of the area where inserted. Implants are different from dentures and benefit the oral health as they are not fastened to other teeth like the bridges.
Factors to be kept in mind during the procedure:
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- One must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must be visiting dentist regularly
Mechanism of Dental Implant:
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant.
The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed. Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Things to keep in mind post Dental Implant:
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.
Does sucking of the penis by girlfriend cause any personal problem for both of them. Does sucking of sperm though mouth will lead to a formation to zygote or does it doesn't cause any of these type of problem.
I am not suffering from submicos fibrosis, is submicos fibrosis is curable. Can you tell me how? Please advise.
I am having ulcers on my tongue and mouth from 4 days. It is increasing day by day. Facing problem in eating also it is tasting sour in mouth. Red spots are also generated. What medicine is recommended.
I have snoring problem. I could not breath while sleeping backside down. I have to sleep front side down, it leads saliva out of mouth. Please help.
Hi sir/madam I am suffering with nerve pain in mouth as I picked up one of my back teeth in dental hospital but it has dine in 8 years back but now I am suffering hardly with that nerve in mouth now I am unable to open my mouth and eat any item sirr please help me I can't bare this pain it was lagging all the day and my face become chubby my hemoglobin rate is 8 percent I can't sleep with that pain that's y I am behaving mental please solve my problem please tell me probable suggestions and medicines and tell me is it related to tooth or nerve can I take pain killer tablets.
Dont brush your teeth too hard as it may wear off the enamel of your teeth causing sensitivity. Enamel once worn off can never be replaced. So be gentle on your teeth and use a soft brush or as recommended for you by your dentist.