Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj RaoYour feedback matters!
I have a white patches in my teeth and one of the doctor said that it was because of low minerals, what should I do in that case, what will help me to remove the patches?
My tooth gum is swelling from last 3days sir what is the solution for this it's painful that I cannot eat food easily.
Having pain on left side of head on opening mouth. No pain in jaws or teeth. Feeling pain since yesterday.
After tooth brushed also generate a bad smell in my mouth. I am using pepsodent paste. In my teeth is changed to yellow colour what should I do for this problem.
I am Suffering from teeth problem since last many months, I guess it pyria. Kindly recommend me something so that I can get cured of this. My front lower incisors adapted to yellowish. I am 24 years old. Kindly look into this matter.
My mouth stinks very bad. Not every time but specially when I am talking from a long time and my mouth starts getting dry slowly, that time my breathe also starts getting to stink. Also my both grinding tooth has big cavities due to which I cannot chew my food properly.
Sir I have a bad breath problem due to dryness of mouth I have undergone hormones secretion test they told T3 n T4 is normal and I consulted dentist even they said your teeth is fine no problem n you have dryness problem. So please helm to get rid of this problem. By suggesting medicine which available in medical stores. Am not able to speak with my friends also so please help me.
It is very well recognized that tobacco causes oral cancer. But consuming betel - nut with or without tobacco can cause Oral Submucous Fibrosis which is a pre - cancerous condition. So tobacco as well as betel-nut both should be stopped to prevent oral cancer.
I am suffering from sore mouth since 10 days and My stomach is also upset because of that what should I do for that.
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
My ortho treatment is going to end after 1 year of treatment. I was having relapse after my first treatment. That why I opt for 2nd time ortho. My two upper teeth was overlapping each other and there was class 2 malclusion and overcrowded. Now I want to know which retainer are best for me. Fixed or removable (wire or clear one) which choice will be best for me. Or should I go for both fixed on upper teeth and removable also?
- visit to a dentist for professional cleaning once in a year
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress.
- rinse with salt water to keep the area clean.
- avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.