Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Guru PrasadYour feedback matters!
Sir, i have back left lumber spin pain since 2 months. unable to stand/sit more than 3 hours. no pain while sleeping. mri scan report is" bulging disc with broad central left paracentral protrusion at l5-s1 level narrowing spinal canal, left lateral recess, indending the the cal sac, bilateral moderate inferior neural foraminal compromise & slightly indenting the traversing nerve roots on lest side. is it must to go for surgery, can it recovered with physiotherapy?
Hello Doctors, I am 32 year old male, and have backache since last 3-4 years, when I wake up in morning, there is too much pain in my backache. I also do yoga (not regularly) but it doesn't effect any thing. Please advice, what am I do in this case.
Hello docs please tell me where to go the best treatment for spondylosis for a neurologist or for an ortho. Please suggest me I am suffering from this pain since 5 months I have consulted 3 orthos but not getting relief.
My 1.3 year old baby has made weight fall on his both legs, orthopedicIan said there is no fracture and given imol syrup but he is not able to walk properly. What to do. By when he will walk properly.
I am 40 years old female I have back pain for the past 4 days. I have used pain relief creams and ointments but nothing worked. What should I do now.
Hi Everyone. I Am 21 years old and have a pain In my right knee which got a ligament fracture 5 yrs Ago It is still persistent when it comes for running. What should I do.
My mother age is 45 .from last 5-6 months she have pain in her spine ; hand joint; and leg join also. According to doctors advise they say this happen before menopause in some lady .nothing serious .please tell me why this happened its any calcium deficiency or not.
I have pain on my wrist. Two years before I just fell down and got irritated with the wrist. But now I have pain instantly on there.
My friend got the report conclusion as below: - Mild broad posterior, right far lateral disc protrusions at L4-L5 level - Moderate right paracentral extrusion of disc material and bilateral facetal arthrosis at L5-S1 level. Is surgery required and what is the best solution for complete recovery. Currently he finds his right leg losing its strenght. Currently he is 41 years of age. Please help.
I suddenly saw my shoulders are not parallel. My right side is lil bending. What is the reason and how can I improve my posture to make it parallel.
My father is suffering from lower back pain from last 15 days and not able to sit-stand properly because of unbearable pain, doctors told him that thr is a gap in disc and he have to take rest. He is regularly going for the therapy as well but still no relief.
I have been having knee pain for a long time since I have been exercising . Both the knees doesn't seem equal. Kindly suggest cure for this .
My mom is 47 year old. She is suffering neck, shoulder pain for 2 years. The pain is some day low and some day high. I get a neurologist and he sugest cervi xray and gives some medicine but the pain is not complete fine. I go an orthopedic doctor and gives some medicine and neck exercise but the pain is some day low and some day high continue. What is this? Please sugest me to a better medicine so pain is complete out.
I am getting sciatica pain in my left leg then should I avoid walking long distance? So walking more can increase the problem more?
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries.