Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Guru MurthyYour feedback matters!
I have taken radiation during treatment of mouth cancer and since than I am facing problem of fungus on toung. I am using candid mouth paint but fungus is still there. Please suggest more effective medicine ?
Recently I have been operated colon cancer stage 2 and oncologist advised me chemo therapy is not required. I am also having blood pressure and cholesterol problems which I am controlling thru medication. Please advise me what type of food I can eat? I used to take liquor rarely say once in two months but very much controlled before my surgery. Can I continue my liquor rarely or to be stopped permanently?
I am 62 year old. In the uterus 2nd stage cancer. I want to know, if I treat it with radiotherapy, can it remove permanently for lifelong.
Dear sir, I, 65 years old was had cancer in my UB but in 2009 my bladder was removed and so far I am regular under going required examination and the doctors says that now I am cancer free. I have learnt that the use of 1 tspf backing soda heated with 3 tspf of organic honey for 1 month eliminates all type of cancer, I wish to take it for 7 days as precautionary medicine. Kindly suggest will it be beneficial for me.
Cancer konsi problems se hota hai? Body ke kis kis jaga par hota hai? Cancer hone par kya karna chahiye. Jo cancer thik ho jaye.
Hi, I am 7 month pregnant I have feel pain when I touch my left breast side near my armpit in particular side. In whole pragnancy I have this pain. My left breast size also bigger than right. I have small lump in my left breast but Dr. Says its normal. So why I have pain in particular area. Please suggest me.
I am 50 yrs - my father recently succumbed to prostate cancer. What is your advice to prevent prostate enlargement.
Hi. My left breast has been feeling heavy and tight for 2 days now, and it has also been paining me. What should I do? My periods are weeks away as well.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.
Doctor said it is normal. I do not have symptoms. Why to check for psa? What is the normal size of prostate? At 25age. All men have different size or same?
My mother was suffering from Breast cancer. She operated in september 2013 successfully but after operation she was given 8 doses of chemo therapy and 20 doses of Radio therapy. After this treatment she remains good with usual checkups. But this year recently in this running month she complains about back pain and leg pain. After consult with Doctor they diagnosis with Bone scan test that shows distinct possibility of metastasis. They also gives the zoledron injection. Due to this injection she reliefs about 98 percent good and they also advised to take again 5 doses of Radio therapy.
My husband had thrombosis in neck and was given heparin inj for fifteen days bd but now his platelet count comes down to 131000 which is lower than normal. Shall he stop taking inj or continue. He is undergoing chemotherapy for mediastinal seminoma. please give suggestion.
6mahine se ENT doctar ki dawa kha raha hu sr problem badti ja rhi h kuch samaz nhi aa raha h ab to gala itna jada dukh raha h ki sahen nhi kar pa rha hu aisa lag raha h gale me koi fhoda h vindos copi me bhi kuch nhi aaya ab batao mai or kya karu cancer ki test kar sakta hu kya.
E-coli infection treated with 21 days of ofloxacin 200 and now I am feeling somewhat okay. My prostate and other related parts are normal in shape and size. My doctor advised me to take ALFOO 10 mg for 30 days. Is it ok to take? I am taking it for past 2 days why alfoo is prescribed when I am ok with size of prostate and other related parts, can someone explain briefly please.
My in law has been diagnosed with ductal carcinoma. Breast./stage. 1a. T1c NO Mx/luminal B.(. ERPR- POSITIVE/Her 2 neu-negative). How many chemotherapy sessions approximately may be needed for this condition. Will this condition may require radiation therapy?
Does prostate cancer symptoms include like penis tip burn after urination, anus burn, hip pain, penis ache sometime, groin pain!
My dad got a cyst type mass in near right side of neck doctor suggest for biopsy and then test after that they will do. What I have to do for removing any other method suggest and safe.
OK I am 39 years old and I have been smoking cigarettes since I was 14 and I am so worried that I have lung cancer or heart disease because my left side of my upper chest aches its a dull pain that comes and goes throughout the day what could it be and what can be done to stop it.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.