Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gunamathy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GunamathyYour feedback matters!
My LMP was Feb 9 with 24 day cycle. We had intercourse on 16th Feb wanted to know if there are chances of pregnancy. Please help.
I had unprotected sex and I am breastfeeding feeding my 3 month old baby what should I do to avoid pregnancy and I just had c section.
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
My Wife is 25 years old & She is pregnant since 2.5 months. Now a days she has been bleeding spots sometimes. What should I do? Kindly suggest.
It suits women who are producing low levels of hormones for ovulation, or who are not ovulating at all. These females are given medication (as tablets or through injections) to stimulate there hormones.
How does Ovulation Induction work?
First, we’ll confirm your ovulation cycle by:
Taking blood samples to measure hormone levels at specific stages of the cycle,
Carrying out a transvaginal ultrasound to see the development of follicles in the ovaries, and the thickness and appearance of the lining of the womb.
The Ovulation Induction cycle
Day 1: (of your menstrual cycle) Call the clinic to arrange an appointment for a blood test.
Day 2-4: Start taking medication.
Day 10 or 11: Visit the clinic for a blood test to determine your hormone level. /an ultrasound.
Day 14: (approximate) Attend the clinic for an ultrasound test. This will determine if you are about to ovulate.
For women who don’t have a normal menstrual cycle, it may take some time to ovulate. In fact, it is not unusual for ovulation to occur much later in their cycle (after Day 14). You would then need to continue attending the clinic until you ovulate.
There are various treatments to treat ovulation disorders.
These medications may cause multiple follicle development, with the risk of multiple pregnancy. For this reason you need to undergo regular ultrasounds to determine the number and rate of growth of these follicles. If more than one follicle develops, your fertility specialist will discuss the risks of multifollicular ovulation.
The Trigger: After the follicle has developed we may use another injection of synthetic human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to trigger the release of the egg from the follicle.The fertile time is for 36 hours from the time of trigger.
Sir if wiped sperm in hand from penis then hand also wiped by Towel. After 2mint if I will touch to her vagina only 5 sec but not fingering. Then pregnancy will chance if her ovulation day that day. Plzz sir help me.
Hello, my wife had an embryo transfer done yesterday (5th Nov. 2015) with 4 number of 3 day embryos (donor egg cycle). 3 hours after the transfer she started feeling chill and her temperature was 102 Deg. F. We were asked to take paracetamol and after about 2 hours her temperature went down to 100 Deg. F. Today morning it is 99 Deg. F. My worry is whether this is a sign of failure? Whether all the 3 day old embryos would have been killed because of high temperature. Is the high temperature due to some immunological reaction that would have destroyed the embryos? Should we continue with progesterone and other medicines? I am 44.
Mere girlfriend ko 2 july ko period aya tha. Mai 9 july ko protection use ker ke sex kiya tha. Fir 21 july ko bina protection ka sex kiya. Aaj 2nd august ho gya per period nhi hai. Kya meri girlfriend pregnent ho gyi hai. Kya kru please give me advice & help.
The weight loss journey is one that is filled with ups, downs, temptations and overall confusion. What should you eat? How much? What should you avoid? How can food help you in your weight loss journey? These are many questions that plague the minds of those living with a few extra pounds and kilos. So get your weight loss routine right without starving. Put these five ingredients on your plate to get help in losing weight.
- Eggs: This protein-rich food item gives your body due nourishment even as they put the metabolism in high gear, right in the morning. This is the time when the metabolism is at its peak. Eggs also have healthy fats which can make you feel full with a fraction of the calorie intake.
- Fish: A known source of Omega 3 fatty acids, salmon, trout, mackerel, tuna and other kinds of fishes are well known aids for weight loss. They give precious iodine to the body and supply plenty of proteins as well. Omega three fatty acids help in bringing down inflammation and bloating to help you get a more toned body.
- Beans: Eating a serving of beans, lentils and legumes in a day is also a great way to lose weight. Black beans and other legumes are known to have high dietary fibres which help in making the metabolism work faster. With the help of such fibres, the food gets pushed through the food pipe much faster, and much more effectively.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is a super ingredient that helps in giving you a feeling of fullness when ingested right before a meal. Also, it is a well known super food in the health and wellness community, and is known to help people suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol and a host of other ailments.
- Greens: Loaded with dietary fibres, yet low in carbohydrates and calories, green vegetables are a wonder food that can also banish bloating. Get your heart's fill of kale, spinach, cabbage and other ingredients, every single day for visible results in the weight loss arena. You can have them as a stir fry, in a salad, or simply churn a handful of green leaves into a healthy smoothie!
Using whole grains like oats and even nuts for the weight loss process has been known to offer health benefits and great results!