Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GunamanamYour feedback matters!
Paleo diet is one of those diets which have been gaining widespread popularity in the recent times. It has been touted by its supporters as the natural diet for human beings and also the diet that our ancestors used to consume. There is a lot of debate on its efficacy and it has its own set of advantages and disadvantages alike.
What exactly is a paleo diet?
The Paleo diet gets its name from the Paleolithic period of human civilization, thousands of years ago, where the availability and choices of food were varied and limited according to seasons. Most foods included lean meat, fruits, nuts, vegetables and were very different from the fast food, high sugar and saturated fat-based diet that humans are having now. This diet aims to go back to the basics to correct nutritional deficiencies as well as to try out to correct excesses of the modern diet.
Advantages of Paleo diet
- Huge decrease in consumption of processed sugar
- Normalization of blood pressure levels
- Decreases in the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
- Balance of protein intake due to limited and lean meat consumption
- Increase in the consumption of vegetables and natural foods with less processed chemicals
- Optimization of insulin within the body
Disadvantages of Paleo diet
- Far too restrictive - Many believe that although it is a good diet, it loses out on the balance and becomes too restrictive with certain food groups being cut out completely, which may cause imbalances.
- Excess of protein - Although Paleo diet cuts down on unhealthy fats, some of its ingredients may cause the consumption of too much protein which may not be good for health either.
- Lacks of carbohydrates - Some believe that Paleo diet lacks carbohydrates and may not be a good source of energy. When working throughout the day, carbs provide energy but a low carb diet may cause energy-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi. Mujhe cyst thi ovary me nd I have taken med krimson 35 at that time. Bt now cyst is ok as per ultrasound and I had stop taking medicine. THis is frst mnth after the medicine. BT I have not get my menses.
I am 27 years old & I want to plan my baby after 30 and my husband is only 28 years old. Is there any problem to plan a baby after the age of 30?
I'm 36 weeks pregnant. As per the ultrasound reports, in my last pregnancy during 36 weeks t started Grade 2 and now it says Grade 3, rest of the things are normal. My gynae has confirmed that all is well. I wanted to what's this Grade 2 n grade 3 impacts and results in. I had my first baby via c-sec n medically it states that it was due to fetal stress. Please advice.
I missed my period last month, I refer to doctor and she prescribe me for pregnancy test and it's came Negative. Then she give me tablet named MEPRATE but it doesn't work. Now from last 2-3 days I am having heavy white discharge along with abdominal pain. Can you please suggest me what I will do now.
I'm 30 years old male. How to increase sex drive. I'm loosing interest in sex. I regularly take cold shower.
How can I increase my sperm count? And my wife has low AMH. If there are any process to increase her AMH? Can we get any child normally other than IVF?
I'm recently married. My wife have thyroid. She don't get periods since last 30 days. Before 50 days she got periods for just 2 days like blood threads, that too very light bleeding. It never happened before to her. I tested her using pregnancy test kit twice it's showing negative. Please suggest some medicine to get periods.
I had misscarage 3 month before. Now is it the write time to get pregnant. please help me for the same.
I am 23 years unmarried female I am suffering of white discharge problem. What is reason of white discharge?
My gf had last period on 4th of july i.e it was the first day of her period. We had unprotected sex on 10th of july and is took unwanted 72 after that. Is there any chance of her getting pregnant?
I have 2 time miscarriage And now last 7 months I tried to get pregnant but can not What should we do now.
Sir blood test kiya urin test kiya thyroid test bhi kiya report nil aya tha aur Dr. ne tablet diya ovalife liya tha 2 month continue abhi m.c ke bad folinex diya hai 1 mahine ke liye aur 5 din ke liye clofert diya hai but yahi pichli bhar bar bhi diya kuch asar nai pada aur abhi vahi dawai chal rahi hain.
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily
2. Stay active don't sit for more time
3. Diet should include more vegetables and different colour fruits, brown rice, legumes, nonvegetarian people may consume lean meat and fish instead of having red meat.
4. Have a good sleep
5. Quit smoking and alcohol
6. Cope up with stress through exercise and yoga
7. Homoeopathic constitutional treatment not only reduces the risk of chronic diseases in patients but also increases immunity against many futuristic infections too.