Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GuganathanYour feedback matters!
Hello, Got my wisdom tooth extracted today, 3 hours ago to be precise. I have a few questions, please do spare your valuable time in answering them. Much needed help. Thanks. 1. How Long does the bleeding continue? 2. Time for swelling and pain to reduce. 3. When can I start smoking and drinking alcohol again? 4. Is rest required to stop the bleeding? Any other suggestions to help heal faster is totally welcomed. Thanks again.
My teeth r little bit yellowish so hw to erase dt yellowish n make white teeth please suggest any paste r any oil or else?
THE BASIC CAUSE BEING UNCLEAN BASIC REMEDY IS ALSO THE SAME KEEP CLEAN , REGULAR CHEWING , CONSUMPTION OF TOBACCO RELATED STUFF eg CHEWING SMOKING WILL ADD TO THE SMELLS. ANS AGAIN STOP BAD HABBITS, USE STANDARD TOOTH PASTE, BRUSH N USE CORRECT TECHNIQUE CONSULT DENTIST FOR DEMON. MOST OF UR PROB OF BAD BREATH WUOLD B SOLVED.
IN NEXT WILL DISCUSS OTHER CAUSES
Due to excess fluoride there are brown marks/stains on my teeth. To make my teeth white what's the treatment?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.
My age is 25 years I am suffering from bad breath I used mouth wash also but no use and my tongue is getting white very frequently please help me out.
I have yellow stains on my front teeth and doctors told me that this is fluorosis and has suggested me for composite veneering. Can you please suggest is it safe?
I have mouth ulcer problem for a long time say 4 to 5 years I am 23 now. Already tried lots of medicines. But no permanent relief. What would you suggest over this?
My mouth closed, i cant open it properly,the reason may be gutkha khaini.i have lot of those.so please suggest me something?
From more than 5 year, I have pain in my gums. My gums are very weak puffy and red sore. My gum also bleed very frequently and whenever I spit. My mouth smell really very bad. One year ago my teeth is professionally cleaned and polished by dentist but still I am having problems in my gum. They are becoming worse and worse every day tell me please what to do.
Hi sir I had height of teeth i don't want to insert the clips to my teeth for a long time I just want to down my teeth good smile in a one day is there is any treatment in dental hospitals to down my teeth with good smile in a one day and how much cost it is.
I have lost two teeth. Is it necessary to go for denture? Is there any alternative? If I do not do anything will it affect my digesting system? Please advice. Thanks.
It is a dream of many people to have straight teeth, but unfortunately there are people those who find alternatives to correct their misaligned teeth. Orthodontic treatment is the only effective measure that can help people to have straight teeth. But, there are number of factors due to which people often refuse to undergo this treatment. The noticeable and bulky brackets are some factors to name. However, the modern dentistry has managed to introduce latest techniques and methods with the help of which misaligned teeth can be corrected without any ugly brackets. Once such option is called Invisalign-Invisible Braces and this option is for patients who are looking for discrete orthodontic option.
Invisalign system mainly shifts the teeth into its original position just like traditional braces move during the treatment period. But the only difference is that in this system there is no use of elastics, brackets or bands like traditional braces have. In this technique the dentists use a series of detachable transparent retainers that the patient needs to wear for few months after the treatment is over.
Invisalign braces are actually not braces, but it is a series of transparent aligners that move the teeth gradually like traditional braces. It is a custom made brace that is based on patient’s treatment plan and it will be changed after every two weeks. It is becoming ultimate solutions for all age groups. The primary advantage associated with Invisalign system is the periodontal health. Patients will not find any difficulty in taking care of their gum tissues and teeth as no braces and wires are used in the treatment process. So, it will become easier for patients to clean their gums and teeth with ease. Besides, patients can easily take out the braces, eat, brush, floss and put it back again without any hassle.
There are many patients who often refuse for orthodontic treatment because of the regular braces. These metal braces are not only ugly, but the patient experience discomfort during the procedure. So, if you are very much concern about your looks, then Invisalign would be the ultimate choice for you. Undoubtedly, teeth are the most crucial part of our appearance. So, when they are not the best, then it is the time to time to take preventive measures not only to make it look better, but also for peace of mind and health. So, when the time comes to use braces, then consider Invisalign braces in place of traditional ugly braces. We at Dr. Aman Ahuja, Multi Specialty Dental Clinic are eager to offer you assistance in terms of Invisalign system. We have helped many dental patients to get back their natural smile with Invisalign system. So, you would be the next one to have the natural smile with Invisalign!