Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GubernathYour feedback matters!
I have teeth gap problem. Its in front of face. Only two teeth are gap. So its look ugly. How I make its tight and no gap between these btwo teeth. Give me solutions.
I have teeth are yellow. Mainly the junctions have very much black to yellow. Suggest me how can I get rid of them without cleaning teeth by going to a dentist.
Is tongue can cause the problem of Halitosis. How to solve this problem. Give me some name of medicine .which can help me.
Hi I have pain on my left upper jaw and due to which feel facial Pain as well on left Head Skull and it remains on for entire day. I have this pain for last 15 years and done already MRI and found nothing. Now one of doctor has advised me to have Nerve Block treatment. Would like to know if it is safe or will have side-effects on my future life. My age is 45. Request your confirmation.
I am not able to open mouth wide due to tobacco chewing habit from last five now what should I do for open my mouth normally?
Hi, My front lower front gums/ teeth is bleeding since a year. It was from one place now slowly this is increasing it reached till 4 spots. Please advice what is to do.?
I am 32 years married women and for the past 1 year I am suffering with mouth ulcers when I take hot and spicy food items and also suffering from stiffness of my back bones when I woke up in the morning and unable to bend. This back pain in even noticed when I stood for long time.Please tell.
Sir mere dat ke uper masure aa gaye hai jinke karan dato me cavity ane lagi hai. Bina masuro ko kate hue kya iska koi ilaj ho sakta hai.
I am 32 year old male I have burning sensation in my mouth whenever I eat anything jaws tongue starts feels like burning kindly suggest best medicine.
I am 25 year old and I am suffering from wisdom tooth pain from past 2 days what to do to get relief.
For healthier teeth, flossing daily in a sawing motion is highly recommended. Take the floss to the point where the teeth meet the gums.
Sir/madam, I am 18y old my weight is approx 85 whenever I eat food too much gas is forming in my stomach and i'm getting bad breathe is there any solution for that im looking forward for solution please help me.Please tell.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.